Where to buy 110 octane

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Fastguy;135394 wrote: I'll be at Summit on the 5th and I'm trying to squeeze out that day on the 19th at NJMP. I don't like driving over 2 hours to a track anymore.
hahaha, the Beave is worth it to me, one of my faves.

I'll see you at Summit on the 5th, and I'll be at NJMP on the 19th. Maybe the 18th, but the Grand Am Rolex sportscar series is there that weekend, and the area hotel costs are correspondingly outrageous.

Big Deezul

Jul 13, 2008
HondaGalToo;135381 wrote: Nice bike! Yeah, sounds like more than just a map. Good luck finding the 110, as mentioned, some tracks do sell it.
its not just a map...if he took out all the ignition timing to run 93 octane the bike would be a pig. If he wants it to run as designed in the build he would need to run a fuel that wont detonate. There is allot of power to be had in the buell by running some crazy ignition timing.

my point is...unless you want to loose allot of power ...and by allot i mean way more then most people would think, find the fuel Walt had the bike built to run on. VP c12 would probably work for your motor also

buellerchris

May 5, 2010
The guy I bought the bike from that raced it in CCS said to use sunoco 110 or cam 2 fuel. Since I can get cam 2 fuel in about a 20 minute drive that is what I'll be using unless I can get some 110 at beaverun.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Big Deezul;135407 wrote: its not just a map...if he took out all the ignition timing to run 93 octane the bike would be a pig. If he wants it to run as designed in the build he would need to run a fuel that wont detonate. There is allot of power to be had in the buell by running some crazy ignition timing.

my point is...unless you want to loose allot of power ...and by allot i mean way more then most people would think, find the fuel Walt had the bike built to run on. VP c12 would probably work for your motor also
Yeah, I get that it's not just a map now...:)

Landshark

Control Rider
Jul 24, 2008
A few years back I was able to go to the VP depot and buy drums of c-12. The depot was in NJ. Might be worth a call. I think the limit a private vehicle can legally transport is 2 drums.

EngineNoO9

Jul 12, 2008
I know there's a VP place in DE but I think it's like international distribution center or something. Never bothered checking it out since 91-93 octane is all I need.

JonnyZ!

Aug 8, 2008
ninjamansc;135363 wrote: Cam 2 is a Sunoco fuel that is 100 octane and has lead in it. Sunoco 110 is the octane and is unleaded.
Sunoco 110 and 112 are both leaded fuels and available at just about every Venue that we ride

Big Deezul

Jul 13, 2008
buellerchris;135438 wrote: Thank you. If your at beaverun on july 10th you'll get to see it
wait so you are going to run this as a track day bike???? Man...I took a crash course in Buell race bikes last year, so I will share some of what I know

I hope you have money put aside to rebuild at least once a year.

I hate to be the one to give you the news, but that is a pure sprint motor and it is going to have an extremely short life. You should call Mike Shults at www.hdfr.com to get the low down on these motors. They have been racing buells for ever and he knows more about them then most of the factory guys that I dealt with last year in the AMA. Tell him Dennie Huff sent you, he will be glad to talk to you and also let you know what you will need to do to make that motor last.

the one thing I will tell you is that buell motors dont last, in one season we swapped out motors almost every other round..I think we went through 7 motors...and they were either stock (for club racing) or very mild (83 hp for AMA). We only use stock motors on the bike we use for club racing or track days and they hold up decent.

further more, the shift drums get trashed after about 4 rounds of racing. The transmissions are very weak so use the clutch (no quick shifter) for track days...QS for racing only.

good luck

FaceRace98

Jul 21, 2008
I was thinking the same but didn't want to rain on the OPs parade... Even built Japanese inline fours would be stretched to last a whole season of trackday riding. Good luck to you my friend, you could always take that beast out and race it.

buellerchris

May 5, 2010
The guy I bought it from is also a harley mechanic and he said for what I'm going to do with it the motor will be good for about 2 seasons. I hope by then I'll have some extra time and use this bike for what its made for. Yeah I wont be QT'ing with this tranny. I've tried it on my other XB and it doesnt like it one bit, however my 1125R LOVES it.
If money was an issue I wouldn't have bought the bike or planned on doing anything on a track.

Big Deezul, thanks for your info. I will keep it in mind. I'm familiar with the boys a HDFR I bought my 1125R from Buell of Frederick. When I go down to the dealer I usually go over to the HDFR building and see what their working on. I was oh so tempted to buy their XBRR they had for sale but figured it would be a mechanical nightmare. Not to forget it was satan's colors (HD orange and black....FU HD). When I picked up the bike the owner gave me a list of all the parts he uses to rebuild the motor. These XB bikes are very, very simple machines. I bought it from James "Keith" Delk for all you CCS racers.

Big Deezul

Jul 13, 2008
honestly I would be really shocked if you got 2 seasons out of it....but I hope I am wrong. Its a wicked bike for sure. Maybe I will see you out there on it soon.

yeah the hdfr xbrr were mechanical nightmares...by far the fastest buell untill the new 1125rr and 1190, but they would need rebuild after each weekend of sprints. I know bryan was faster on the xbrr then his 1125

warmdye

Jul 14, 2010
Pakman;135375 wrote: Nice looking bike man, too bad you dont live in louisville, Ky. We've got a gas station that has 110 at the pump for $6.78 a gallon! I love it, they just had it installed about a month ago.
Can you tell me where that gas station is?