Which leg to push with??

vivamotorsiklo

sweet. peg weighing thread. i weigh the outside.

i think keith code promotes this concept a lot.

im sure there are others who believe otherwise. but it works for me.

Gorecki

vivamotorsiklo;132981 wrote: sweet. peg weighing thread. i weigh the outside.

i think keith code promotes this concept a lot.
That's the idea I was trying to communicate, not so much as weighting, but pressure as a pivot point.

lbsaxman

Control Rider
Definately outside peg , weighting the outside peg is easy get off your ass ...instead of sitting on the seat try and lift your ass a bit(not completely) with your outside leg hence weighting the outside peg .. when you do that doesnt it lower some of the weight mass from the top of the seat to the inside and outside pegs ...i bet if you try it you will find that the bike is way more stable through the corners .... my 2 cents !!!

slowpoke

slow_honda;132882 wrote: I like pie
I tend to start eating from the outside of the pie inward while Dave starts from the inside and works out. maybe that's how i stay kinda skinny and Dave keeps getting....well.. kinda chubby:dunno::D

lplonske

according to keith code the ONLY way to turn a bike is to counter steer, so no matter how much weight is on either peg you still have to counter steer. watch the DVD "twist of the wrist"

sobottka

lplonske;134318 wrote: according to keith code the ONLY way to turn a bike is to counter steer, so no matter how much weight is on either peg you still have to counter steer. watch the DVD "twist of the wrist"
thats not entirely true, ride a bicycle no handed and you can still turn by shifting your weight. this also works to an extent on a motorcycle. keith code is a weirdo but i do like "twist of the wrist." roadracing world used to publish exerpts of the original book each month way back in the 90's, i think i read most of his book there.

lplonske

this is true, however they demonstrated this in the most recent dvd. the bike is still turning as a result of the front wheel.
they also did a demonstartion with a bike in gear at about 40 mph and the rider was standing on one peg only and the bike went straight. in this demo, however, they fabricated handlebars above the mirrors so he would disrupt the regular handle bars. if you did this on a regular motorcycle the act of leaning all your weight on one peg or the other would result in slight steering inputs on the bars causing the bike to turn.

sobottka

lplonske;134352 wrote: if you did this on a regular motorcycle the act of leaning all your weight on one peg or the other would result in slight steering inputs on the bars causing the bike to turn.
glad we agree!