Yamaha School

denbsteph

LOrtega:

Thank you all mighty and wise Panda, grasshopper has received the message with out interference.

slowpoke:

Thanks for the help as well.

cjunk23

slowpoke;232032 wrote: Will be providing more details on the upcoming NJMP schools later today. We're psyched YCRS is returning to NJMP!
I really want to attend this! Do the spots fill up quick?

denbsteph

I'm there man!, ready to advance the skills and learn the new habits while I'm fresh to the track. Mr Short aided to the cause, very professional and straight up good dude! What more can you ask for? I'm freaking Psyched!!

Anyone from the Raleigh NC area attending on the 13th and 14th? if so give me a holler, maybe we can cruise the way up together. I'm ready to go now!!!!

Dave561

Control Rider
I'd love to do it again. They will definitely teach you something about riding regardless of your current pace.

mjkuhno

denbsteph;234072 wrote: mjkuhno:

Is this your first time at YCRS? I'm ready to go now!!
Yes, this is my first time w/ YCRS.

I went to the Schwantz school a few years ago down at Barber and it was a BLAST! Kevin Schwantz was leading a bunch of sessions (classroom and track) and all of his coaches were great and super cool - no attitudes at all. Really a good experience and one I'd recommend if anyone was considering it.

After 20 years on the street and no previous time on the track I was hooked. When I spoke with my wife after the first day I told her the easiest way I could sum it up was that it was the most fun I've ever had with my pants on :wow:

Came back from that experience, and immediately started shopping for a track bike for the new season and organizations to ride with.

Now, a few years later, it seemed like it was time to go back to school to unlearn any bad habits I've picked up on track (and from 20 years street riding) to improve my on track abilities. Was looking at other options and saw this opportunity - viola! I've read a bunch of really positive reviews on the school from many sources, including quite a few NESBIANS, and I'm really hoping it's going to live up to expectations.

and yeah I'm ready to throw everything in the trailer and head to NJMP right now too!

denbsteph

Mike,

The funny thing about this is I went to "Free Ride" day back in August 11. The whole thought process for me was, "Go ahead check it out, say you did it and let it be". Ya right!! I rode two days on my 06 Fizzer, VIR North then VIR South the following weekend. Man it's like Taylorr6 CR said to me when he seen me back, "Just open a vein and pump it in baby", the whole time slapping his forearm like he's getting ready to shoot some crank or heroin, straight comedy.

Anyway, sold my dirt bikes, (I miss my KDX) bought a 07 R6S, little over 8,000 miles on it, put on some go fast parts, Hot Bodies plastics, 50 dollar paint job, Mr. Chris Kruzel graphics, New Sidi Boots, New Shoei helmet, New Alpinestar CR 1 suit (which I just got back from lizzy leathers) spent 2300.00 on Y.C.R.S, and the funny thing about all this?

We haven't been been on the track together yet!! Talk about hooked on track crack!. I'll be there on the 12th, looking to meet Hondagaltoo and Slowpoke. Both of them plus numerous others really put the nail in the coffin for me. Maybe we can hook up have a cold one together and cook up some grub.

Dennis

mjkuhno

Yeah - track crack baby!!! Or as is also said, welcome to the addiction - hide your wallet (from yourself).

BTW - where are you located in NC? I did a day last year at VIR on June 11th - was supposed to be 2 days but due to an 'off-track excursion' and that few people have spares for Triumphs (lesson #2 for the weekend) we decided to head back home. :nada:

I'm pretty sure I'm also coming in on the 12th and staying in Vineland. Definitely, let's tip a beer sometime during those days.

denbsteph

I'm right outside of Wake Forest, not the University which is located in Winston Salem, but where the Baptist Seminary is located where the original Wake Forest University was located. I'm camping at NJMP, 25 bucks a night, that is including electric. I'm gonna bring my grill and burn up some steak, chicken and probably bring up some fresh Mahi Mahi and definitely a couple of cool ones. Just enough to sit back and reflect on the day and prepare for the next day. Tipping a cool one sounds good. See ya the 12th!!!!

Hide the wallet, No shit!! I'm killing myself.

Dennis

COOLTOY

Hey all,

I just got caught up on this thread. I had replied to another one that Chris had started and I had no idea this existed. My apologies to all of you who are interested in the school and to Judy especially who called me out on not posting the dates up here!

So, we have a few spots left for the NJMP June 13-14 school and I know there are folks out there looking to get in on it. I want you all to know I am here to help you out in making this a great experience for you. So, give me a call or shoot me an email and I will help you to get signed up. Also, if you have any questions about the school that I can help with let me know.

There were 2 major questions that came up in this thread that I will address here:

1) Price! This seems to be a big questions for some folks. I think pricing for our school is in line with other similar programs out there. Someone mentioned CSS was $2350 and I know that KTM when it was around was around $2500, Schwantz comes in a little bit less but has more students in a class than we do. So, why do you spend more than $2K on a riding school? For everyone the answer is different. What I can say is this, the students that graduate from our school work hard, and come back knowing what we have to offer them. When the people in your same position, working hard for their money, have been to the school and decide to come back knowing what it is all about, then it must be worth the cost of admission. I could tell you anything you want to hear, but at the end of the day, if you pay to come back again, then clearly you feel it is worth it!

On the other side, it is not unusual for one person to come to the school then they send their wife, girlfriend, son, daughter or friend to the school. Usually you don't send these folks to something you don't like, unless you don't like them...

2) Do you have to ride your bike? In short, yes. But I saw a note by SlowPoke that said there may be a few bikes available. YCRS IS NOT providing any bikes for this school, so if NESBA has some through their Yamaha deal that is great! I hope it works out. Talk to SlowPoke to find out more info.

These were the top questions I saw in this thread. If you have more questions let me know or give me a call or email and I will do all I can to help you get ready for this. It is going to be great and I look forward to meeting with you all!

"SHORTY"
Dshort@millermotorsportspark.com
435-277-8788

slowpoke

Dennis - if you're interested in using one of the R6's, you would need to make arrangements with Jill from YCRS who can explain the process and requirements that she and Bob have mapped out.

denbsteph

Chris, Shorty:

I got a hold of Jill today and she explained to me the in and out's. It was all for curiosity anyway, I'll bring my R6S and run the hell out of it. Using someone else's bike kinda make's the a-hole tighten up a little bit more.

Dennis