Search results

1. TeamBeer

Problem Starting 08 GSX-R600

I am looking for some help diagnosing a weird intermittent start problem. About half the time when I press the start button nothing happens. Sometimes if I release the clutch (pull it in and let go) it will start. Sometimes it just starts. It will bumo start and sometinmes if that fails if I...
  2. TeamBeer

More RA Intermediate Videos

This one is from Session 5 on Sunday. Damn the track was crowded! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9tDUC795Oo
  3. TeamBeer

Braking and Down Shifting

I am looking for some advice on down shifting during heavy braking. Going into T3 it is easy to match the throttle and downshift so you are on the throttle coming out of T3, but how do you match the throttle for the last down shift during heavy braking at T10A? Do you just have to learn to...
  4. TeamBeer

Was it time?

This is the rear I took off after the third afternoon session Sunday at Barber. Do you think I could have gotten another session out of it? I wondered why it was getting so loose going over the seams. :doh:
  5. TeamBeer

Harbor Freight Trailer

I bought a new Harbor Freight 4X8 Folding trailer last week and got it mostly assembled yesterday. Not too bad of a project, but I was glad my son was around to help me. Those Chinese are really into precision...the holes for the lock pins are nowhere near lined up, but that shouldn't be too...
  6. TeamBeer

Which tracks?

I am kind of new to track days. Did Tally and Road Atlanta last year. I really prefer tracks like Road Atlanta and Barber that have elevation changes as well as a good mix of fast straights and plenty of turns. I also did the Skip Barber Superbike school at Laguna Seca last year. I am...
  7. TeamBeer

What is the best way to map a Bazzaz Z-FI TC

I have an 08 GSX-R600 with a Bazzaz Z-FI TC and Z-AFM. I bought the bike with 2,400 miles ready for the track. What I am trying to figure out is should I have it dynoed or just let it self map. Also, if I go with self mapping, do I need to do it at each track or just map it once? The Bazzaz...
  8. TeamBeer

Ninja DJ

Who has the pictures of Ninja DJ at Road Atlanta?