Blibbibly bluu blah!!!!!

gcally

Greg Callahan #11
R1 makes it soooooooooooooooooooo much easier. I want one so bad. I haven't been able to stop thinking about one in the last 48 hours
I feel your pain... If I parted out my 750 I could have a really nice R1.

The only thing holding me back is the 750 is so simple and easy to work on.
Also some rear wheel spin makes life exciting.

Dave561

Control Rider
R1 makes it soooooooooooooooooooo much easier. I want one so bad. I haven't been able to stop thinking about one in the last 48 hours
MY mistake was riding the demo and putting laps in faster than the SV, while not breaking a sweat. Proper brakes, suspension and power was WOW!
Now I just need to resist the urge to throw my sponsors MC and Visa at it

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
MY mistake was riding the demo and putting laps in faster than the SV, while not breaking a sweat. Proper brakes, suspension and power was WOW!
Now I just need to resist the urge to throw my sponsors MC and Visa at it

I honestly think that I could turn the same laps times on a bone stock R1 (other than tires) as I do on my "slightly modified" R6.

Motofun352

Control Rider
OK, the new(ish) R1 is clearly the bike to have, anyone holding out for the new GSXR or Kawi? I'll admit that I'm basically a Yamaha guy, I own 6...everything from a RZ350 up to a FZ09 (and I just sold a FJR). That being said, I didn't get along with the R6 so I've been on a GSXR 750 for the last 8 years. I think I finally have my current 750 tweaked to where I want it...why-O-why am I even thinking of changing up????? PS, don't anyone even mention this to Nancy.....:lipssealed:

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
All you have to do is look at the grids to see what bikes are the ones to have. If you're not on an R6 in the 600 class, you don't stand much chance of winning. If you're not on an R1, basically the same thing. There are exceptions, namely the Yoshimura team. But any time you put enough money into a program, you're bound to succeed.

If Benny Solice rode an R6, he probably would win a couple races!

gcally

Greg Callahan #11
All you have to do is look at the grids to see what bikes are the ones to have. If you're not on an R6 in the 600 class, you don't stand much chance of winning. If you're not on an R1, basically the same thing. There are exceptions, namely the Yoshimura team. But any time you put enough money into a program, you're bound to succeed.

If Benny Solice rode an R6, he probably would win a couple races!

This statement is very true at the pro level when the rider is pushing the limits to where setup and class legal modifications can not overcome the base design of the bike.

I believe it all comes down to setup and actually spending the time trying/understanding changes to help make the bike work for your riding style.

Dave561

Control Rider
OK, the new(ish) R1 is clearly the bike to have, anyone holding out for the new GSXR or Kawi? I'll admit that I'm basically a Yamaha guy, I own 6...everything from a RZ350 up to a FZ09 (and I just sold a FJR). That being said, I didn't get along with the R6 so I've been on a GSXR 750 for the last 8 years. I think I finally have my current 750 tweaked to where I want it...why-O-why am I even thinking of changing up????? PS, don't anyone even mention this to Nancy.....:lipssealed:
If you didn't like the R6, you may not like the R1. It reminds me a lot of my R6, but with nitrous

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Also, the R1 was the first to release their product and they made a statement doing such. The new Kwai's are nice as well, I know a lot of guys at the club level racing that are pretty fast on them. I hear that setup is somewhat of a challenge though but the bike is fast, faster than the R1! I agree with Gcally, setup is key...you can't go fast on a bike that won't let you, I've ridden the GSXR for years this summer was the first time I've ever rode a Yamaha...it was a bone stock R1 not even set up for me that turned corners better than my well setup 750 GSXR, that was the selling point for me.