Recent content by hondafan74

1. H

Hello from B'ham,AL

Hey ...i am currently in Bham, not sure if i am staying...but here for now to work. I ride honda and currently have 2 1000rr's. Did barber with Nesba last year and did not want to leave....just wanted to ride and ride and ride. Hit me up if you are ever looking for a group to ride with...
  2. H

Barber 11/7

Thank you everyone! I had the time of my life at Barber on Saturday! It is monday morning at work and i am still grinning ear to ear. From the guys who helped me unload my bike off my truck, to those of you who gave me feedback on getting my bike ready for track, Thank you! it was a blast...
  3. H

Barber 11/7

tape Should i pull it all off and just tape around the glass? I think there is about 3 layers on there and it might be hard to cut and not damage the plastic. I did not know it only had to be on the glass. I unplugged the lights, is pulling the fuze better? I may have overthought the whole...
  4. H

Barber 11/7

Many Thanks ..to everyone that has posted. I think i am ready for Saturday, all i have left to do is attach the number to the front. If you see the bike in the enclosed entachment, stop by to tell me how horrible the blue tape looks! lol. THanks Everyone! Mattj
  5. H

Barber 11/7

One last question Do i need new tires on my bike???? My tires have about 65-70% tread on them, will this pass tech inspection? Does anyone know if they have a tire changing station at the track if i wanted to change out? Mattj
  6. H

Barber 11/7

Thanks Darrin, thanks everyone! I will be in a white nissan frontier, with a red / black honda cbr with blue painters tape! Riding beginner class and happy to finally get my first track day. How many people normally show up for these things? Mattj
  7. H

Barber 11/7

I do have a ramp, but its a skinny thing. I almost have to back my truck upto an incline to get the bike on and off. If there are two or three other people around, i can get the bike on and off with the ramp i have. I guess i am just nervous about my first time on the track and dont want to...
  8. H

Barber 11/7

Doing my first track day finally this saturday at Barber. I have just a few questions that the manual doesn't quite cover. I was wondering, does anyone have a pic of what my bike is supposed to look like after it is taped up or should i just tape over everything shiney? Does painters tape...
  9. H

One last questions from this newbie..about tires

I appreciate all the information everyone has given me, but i have one last question. Do i need to install new tires before a track day? I have about 1200 miles on my tires now and i usually get about 3500 out of a pair. Will this be enough tread to get through a track day? Will i burn up a...
  10. H

Yet another newbie asking questions...

Hey Highway, I am doing my first track day on Aug 24, VIR north. So far its just me. I ride with a disjointed group and none of them do track days. Depending on how the 24th goes, i was going to try and do several more through the rest of the year. I have a 7 x 16 trailer, so if you have...
  11. H

Yet another newbie asking questions...

Hello All, My name is Matt and I am in Charlotte NC. I have signed up for a track day in August and just want to make sure I am prepared. Hopefully i want to sound ignorant.... 1. I noticed some track day sign up forms and waiver forms. Are these something I have to send in prior to the...