Recent content by phoenix

1. phoenix

Would you come back to NESBA?

ex-mid central comment here - I'll plan to ride where my friends ride, and when it fits into my schedule. I didn't get out a lot this year, mostly due to work. I had some choices, and sometimes it meant I would go to the track on days when my old TD buddies were not there. That's not as much...
  2. phoenix

SV650 rear wheel, CBR600RR rear wheel, other parts

yep, had a few peope asking for handouts, but then some guy came over with cash in hand who had a wreck earlier in the year. trying to sell other parts to people who don't go to the track? not so easy.
  3. phoenix

SV650 rear wheel, CBR600RR rear wheel, other parts

A small variety of parts for sale. Here's ad Ad I posted on the local craigslist. http://desmoines.craigslist.org/mcy/3291463904.html I can take some more pictures to upload here, since some of the stuff is gone the red and white plastics are sold, and the free stuff is picked over. I'm...
  4. phoenix

Refunds!

bullshit former mid central rider, was told I would get a refund on my membership fees long ago. They even had a thread on it. Waited, waited, got in touch with the NESBA group, one email says I will get it but processing is slow. Months go by. Send another email, and I get a reply that I will...
  5. phoenix

cold temp tire strategy?

I did a cold-ish day a few weeks ago in Nebraska. The ambient temp was 48 when the track went green. I think it never got above 64 on the day. Partly cloudy, just a little wind. Continental race attack rear, set to 27 hot on wamers. Pirelli SC1 front, set to 31 hot. The Continental was virgin...
  6. phoenix

First track bike?

Comfort? You are worried about comfort? I get back from a trackday and I'm sore for 2-3 days. And I'm under 6' and barely 150. No trackbike is really comfortable. That, or you're probably doing it wrong. :)
  7. phoenix

How bad is this SV650 really???

I need a clearer picture of the girl in that picture to make a more informed decision. :)
  8. phoenix

$300 in credits for $260

drop me a PM or somethin'
  9. phoenix

How much would you spend on your street bike before considering a track bike?

cornering skill development is almost never ending. Maybe it has ended for Valentino or Jorge, but doubtful the rest of us mortals will ever get there. I see lots of guys getting an SV650 for the track. Control riders included. Cornering speed is really emphasized on them. Screw the strait-away...
  10. phoenix

Iowa speedway thread

you forget to mention the saturday night meal that is legendary[/b]!!
  11. phoenix

Blackhawk - Sunday Intro Bike?

Kawasaki is really at fault here. They play with model names too much. The ZX6E, or often just called a ZX6 is shown as that red bike above (it was not sold with luggage). That's how the ZX6 looked from 1993 to 2003. In 2003 it was renamed the ZZR600 here in the US. And then in 2005, Kawasaki...
  12. phoenix

Iowa speedway thread

Thank you Come on MidWest, you've got a big hole in your schedule that Iowa Speedway would really compliment! July 24/25 Follow Jason's link or just go to MidCentral forum, it's probably the thread on top.
  13. phoenix

Congrats Jamie!

congrats Jamie!
  14. phoenix

How would you save this.....

Unfortunately, even the King could not prevent high sides all the time.