Search results

1. cecilio64

News on Fred Duncan

RIP Fred.
  2. cecilio64

Have Any Good Picture Memories From A NESBA Track Day?

At Road America, Marshall explaining to me what happened 2 days beforehand at Putnam and then giving the B group meeting.
  3. cecilio64

Here's some great news!!

That's great news!!!!!! The Chili cook-offs we attended were some of the best weekends we had at the track. I was shocked and saddened to hear about the MW shutting down. Don't know what I'd do if we still lived in Chicago and didn't have NESBA as an option. We're talking about coming to Chicago...
  4. cecilio64

blackhawk farms construction

BHF was my first track and the one I rode the most. I miss it and hope to be able to ride there again.
  5. cecilio64

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Sonia and I just want to wish all our NESBA family, especially the Mid-West, a Happy Thanksgiving! Obviously no one celebrates this here, except us. Just came back from our local butcher where we picked up a 22 lb. bird, which we ordered Monday and we're having friends and family over for a...
  6. cecilio64

Simoncelli trribute this morning

from the Spanish broadcast this morning.... http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/motogp/homenaje-ruido-marco-simoncelli/1242149/
  7. cecilio64

Couldn't get much better...

We are still playing, just on a different continent ;) Sonia and I are trying to get beer pong going here, who knows we might start a trend. Besides, I thought that beer pong was banned at BHF, or has it been reinstated now that Marshall isn't around as much?
  8. cecilio64

Heat tape

I used this company's stuff when part of my exhaust was touching my lower. http://www.thermotec.com/ I first used the adhesive backed radiant heat barrier on the actual lower and, when that wasn't enough, I used their exhaust insulating header wrap. Cured the problem of my paint boiling off...
  9. cecilio64

Dumbfounded with headshake problem

Spent about 3 hours yesterday at the shop tweaking things, going out and trying them then coming back and talking with my mechanic. Probably did about 10-15 trips down and back the same stretch of road outside of town by the shop. Decided to live with the limited headshake for now. As I add...
  10. cecilio64

BHF Turn 1 Question

There are lots of different lines around a track and being new, to a particular track or to riding on a track, it's important to listen to people who are getting around that same track faster than you and how they do it. ASK lots of questions and ask the same question lots of times, to different...
  11. cecilio64

Raised the forks about 5mm. But all this was done after the problem started. Everything that was done so far has limited the headshake to between 83-78 kmh. So going in the right direction, just wish we could get rid of it completely.
  12. cecilio64

Yes, forks were lowered in the triples. I'm thinking the shock could be a good place to check, and one of the few not gone over yet. Got to look at it. Have ridden a lot of the 15,000 with my wife, Sonia. Running out of ideas and might just live with it and see if it gets worse and more...
  13. cecilio64

Yeah, sorry. V-Tec is a VFR model. I posted this in a VFR forum and copied it to here to get more ideas. Headshake happens during deceleration without braking. Mechanic has checked swingarm, rotors, pads and pistons. Forks were lowered and I will talk with him tomorrow about the rear shock and...
  14. cecilio64

Thanks guys :) Bearings were checked and all good, repacked and adjusted to spec. The tries are new, even tried a new different brand to see if it was the brand. Dunlop Qualifiers are what is called for and what was on there before this all started. Nothing was changed geometry wise or other...
  15. cecilio64

First off, I apologize for the length of this post, but my mechanic and I are dumfounded by this headshake problem so I want to post as much info as possible. This is my street only bike that has never been down or seen the track. Here goes; bike: 2006 VFR Vtec no ABS bought new in 2007 in the...
  16. cecilio64

A trailer interior re-do

You did a great job! It wasn't anywhere as nicely setup when I had it, but it worked for me.... and spending a lot of time in it wasn't so bad, once Sonia fixed it up ;) and for sure it looks like a totally different trailer than when I bought it
  17. cecilio64

BHF - 4/9-4/10 - Roll Call!

For those of you that haven't met the monster grill, here's a pic from a July 4th cook out a couple years ago. Good times:)
  18. cecilio64

Some days are better than others...

Congrats!!!! Looks like a lot of fun :)
  19. cecilio64

Let's See Your Trackbike!!

My first trackbike as I bought it same bike after the off season current bike as I bought it as it stands now
  20. cecilio64

Merry Xmas to new friends/family

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!!!!!!