Search results

1. finny47

New- Apex Brake Lever Guard with bar

Brand new. Bought for her bike, but she quit before I could even get it installed. These are $109 on Apex's site. Asking $80 Apexmfg brake lever guard kit fits most aftermarket race style clipons. Comes with 1 11" long 7/8" polished aluminum bar, mount, guard, and hardware. Black anodize...
  2. finny47

6x12 trailer - Will a zuma fit with 2 bikes?

I've got a GSXR 750 and R6 in my 6x12 trailer. Considering a zuma 50 for a pitbike. Looking at specs and measuring in the trailer, it looks like I could make all 3 fit. Anyone actually doing this that could confirm there's room?
  3. finny47

2008 Ninja 500 EX 1700 miles Bartlett, IL

sold!! Great beginners bike. This was my fiance's first bike. Never crashed, no cracks. Currently at stock height, but I also have lower kit that installs in 20 minute. Runs perfectly. Pics make it look more orange, but it is definitely stock red. Second owner - bought this from a couple in...
  4. finny47

Best bikes for shorter women

My fiance has been riding a '08 Ninja 500 this year to get introduced to riding and has done 5 trackdays. The bike is not the ideal track bike in stock configuration. No adjustments on the front end, single disc brake... and I don't want to put any money into upgrading the suspension. Rather...
  5. finny47

Who makes these vinyl graphics?

I'm trying to figure out who makes these graphics. Anyone have an idea? There's no indication on any of the graphics. "> ">">
  6. finny47

What do you do with frame and engine remains?

I've been successfully selling my '01 F4i part by part on Ebay. I'm getting down to the frame and engine block very quickly. Where do you guys take the leftovers in IL? Junk yard? Are there issues with the frame if you don't have the title?
  7. finny47

Woodcraft front stand question GSXR 750

2003 GSX-R 750. Anyone know the pin hole size required for the FS101 front stand? Can't see to find a reference on the interwebs.
  8. finny47

Scotts Damper $225

SOLD!!!! Bought in 2008. Either in the garage mounted on the bike or in the basement during the winter. Probably 20-25 track days of use at most. The is the damper only. You'll still need mount kit specific to your bike. New bike has a damper system already. Won't need this Scotts. I...
  9. finny47

01-06 Honda F4i parting out bike

Updated added some more items and more have sold. '01 Honda 600 F4i. Most parts fit from 01- 06. Not worth the money to rebuild engine so I'm parting out. I'm selling every last nut and bolt so if something isn't listed, let me know. PM for more pics. I'm in Bartlett, IL. Willing to meet...
  10. finny47

Who else has Ford Edge or similar SUV pulling a trailer?

I've been doing the Harbor Freight Express 5x8 open trailer for the last three years. I'm ready to upgrade to an enclosed trailer. I have a 2" hitch and the vehicle can tow 3500 with my 6cyl FWD. So, I was thinking a 6x10 sounds about right for the job. UHaul doesn't rent a 6x10, otherwise...
  11. finny47

1997 Honda CBR1100xx 29k miles excellent condition

SOLD!!!! - Goodbye street riding. NESBA has killed my interest in street riding. Asking $3000 cash. Not interested in trades. I live in Bartlett, IL. http://s865.photobucket.com/albums/ab217/finfrockg/Blackbird%20for%20sale/ This bike has always been stored in the garage and properly...
  12. finny47

2 chains or 2 master links?

I changed my sprockets on the rear from 48 to 46 last year when I did Barber. I was surprised, but there was too much slack in the chain and had to remove links. I'm assuming most people carry two chains for sprocket changes instead of re-using the same chain and having two master link on...
  13. finny47

bike numbers and vinyl

I see DC decals is not available for work currently. Who else sells the vinyl and bike numbers these days?
  14. finny47

BHF -lapping day or testtune

Still haven't fully reassembled my bike back after my crash at Barber last fall. Both rims, front brakes, tank and bodywork were thrashed. Sorry Fred, I haven't taken good care of your old ride. :doh: I was considering using BHF (my closest track) to test out my bike before driving all the...
  15. finny47

Suggestions for selling street bike online

Everytime I look at my street '97 CBR1100xx, all I keep seeing is money for a trailer or new tires. Track days has killed any enjoyment in street riding. I've never sold a street bike so I'm looking for suggestions in the Midwest group for where to post online before trying Ebay. Here's...
  16. finny47

Gas tank- how to fight corrosion

I've got a spare gas tank I bought on Ebay. Just the tank, no cap or fuel sensor/filter/float. It is in good shape now. I plan to store it inside for the winter. What can I do to prevent corrosion on the inside while it sits waiting for my next crash?
  17. finny47

Body position practice while at home

Guys at work sent me this after they found out I crashed last weekend at Barber. I told them to go polish their chrome.
  18. finny47

Does this prove Shoei is inferior to Arai?

While participating in the BigMeanie 2009 Craptacular while at Barber on Sunday, I had a get off between T9 & 10 after making my first ever sprocket change from 48 to 46 Sunday morning. Too busy looking at tach to see difference with 46 when I should have had my head up. I've been a Shoei guy...
  19. finny47

How to tell when it is time for new tires.

Last track day during inspection I was told to up my tire pressure which effectively reduced the severity of the lines I've highlighted with the arrows. I've got the 1 cold Easter day at BHF and three days at Putnam on these tires. My next track date is Autobahn. Does this tire have another...