Search results

1. M

2003 Honda CBR600RR + Gear - $3,750

Bike is sold...thanks for the interest! So long, NESBA (for now). -Mark
  2. M

Price Drop: $3,500 PM me for bigger/more pics. Thanks!
  3. M

@p8ntballn2: Thanks! @Tib & nodakgus: PMs replied!
  4. M

Fully outfitted as a track bike, comes with everything listed below, including Pit Bull trailer restraint, stands, and special tools. The bike is 100% functional and all the maintenance is up-to-date, just needs new tires. Clear title in hand. It won’t win a beauty contest, but it’s very...
  5. M

Crash at VIR South, 8/22/09, B-Group, Final Session

Amy, I don't know how to thank you enough. We couldn't have pulled through like we did without your kindness and generosity...and thank you for keeping Alli off the track! She's a keeper, and has been by my side through everything. I hope we see you and Cory at the track again, someday...
  6. M

Crash at VIR South, 8/22/09, B-Group, Final Session

I'm writing this to thank everyone who helped my girlfriend (Alli) and I at VIR South on Saturday, August 22 after my crash, and also to let everyone know that recovery is going well. We are both humbled by the overwhelming care and support that the CRs, fellow riders and their families showed...
  7. M

Banjo Bolt Bleed?

Thanks for the tips, guys. I will be trying an assortment of these techniques tonight, hopefully I'm successful. Has anyone ever tried a hot bleed? I read about it in an article on the Turn One Racing website. I figured I would give it a shot after my first session tomorrow, since I'll be...
  8. M

Banjo Bolt Bleed?

Is it possible/desirable to bleed the banjo bolt on a master cylinder that already has a bleed screw? After struggling with brake bleeding for a week, I still can't get a firm lever. I've bled the master cylinder and both calipers to the point where no bubbles are visible in the plastic tubing...
  9. M

Rotor De-Glazing Question

Steve/Jason, thanks for the offers to help, I will look for you guys on Saturday. I'll be on a yellow CBR600RR with an orange Jeep in the pit. Marshall, I will keep your services in mind the next time I need my rotors freshened up. Thanks again!
  10. M

Thanks, guys. I'll be at Summit Point on Saturday, will check for pulsations then. If I ride it for a few laps and find that I did kill my rotors and have to replace them, can I keep the pads that I have now? Or will I need absolutely fresh pads to go with the new rotors?
  11. M

Uh Oh...does that mean I've done more damage than good? I tried hand-sanding and didn't seem like I was getting anywhere. Does this mean that I shouldn't expect a bare metal rotor face?
  12. M

I am de-glazing my front rotors for the first time, and I can't seem to get all the deposits off. I am using a random orbital sander with 220-grit sandpaper, which is doing a great job on the outer 2/3rds of the rotor face. However, the deposits on the inner 1/3 of the rotor face won't come...
  13. M

Aftermarket air filter fitment issue

I just went through the exact same situation with my 600RR...I wound up elongating the top/middle hole with a drill so that it was an oval when I was done. Once I was able to get that screw to line up, the filter wound up sealing tight to the airbox. I was pretty disappointed, too. It was a...
  14. M

Front Brake Caliper Rebuild Questions

I am rebuilding the front calipers on my '03 CBR600RR, and could use some help with a few questions: 1) Should I worry about silicone grease contaminating the brake fluid? The shop manual calls for coating the dust seals in silicone grease, but the pistons will wipe past the dust seals before...
  15. M

Swingarm Slider Threaded Boss Weld Repair

I am looking for guidance regarding an aluminum weld repair on my swingarm. The threaded boss where the right-side swingarm slider threads in was knocked off my '03 CBR600RR in a low-side earlier this year. From the factory, it is welded to the swingarm. Both the swingarm and the boss are...
  16. M

CBR600RR Front Master Cylinder Swap

Thanks, guys. I don't race, and don't plan to soon, so class legality is not an issue. Cost definitely is, so I've ordered an '07 600RR front master cylinder. $140 brand new for the whole assembly isn't bad, in my opinion. I also ordered the '07 Galfer superbike front lines. I'm wondering...
  17. M

CBR600RR Front Master Cylinder Swap

Can I can use a front master cylinder from an '07/'08 CBR 600RR on my '03 600RR? My reservoir, which is integrated with the master cylinder was damaged in a crash. I would like to replace it with a separate reservoir/cylinder assembly like the '07/'08 bikes in case I go down again. It looks...
  18. M

Leather Fitment

@Meat: Thanks for the input about A*'s. I thought it was strange for KD.com to suggest that an Italian suit runs wide, since typically the opposite is true. I'm really leaning towards the Teknic Xcelerator after wearing that Violator last weekend. Though, the RS Taichis look pretty nice, too...
  19. M

Diablo Supercorsa Question

Thanks, guys...this is helpful info. I will probably switch them out at some point next weekend at VIR. @Folly1: The engineer/nerd in me likes the idea of the tire durometer. I will look into picking one up for next weekend. Does anyone know if there will be tire service at VIR on Aug 24/25...
  20. M

Diablo Supercorsa Question

I have a set of Pirelli Diablo Supercorsas on my CBR600RR, which have seen 3.5 track days. I have never used tire warmers with them. Is it unreasonable to expect two more full track days on them?