Search results

1. geekmug

Battlax BT-016 Pressures

That recommendation from MCN is bogus. There is no universal rule that can be applied to all tires from every manufacturer. You should talk to someone who has worked with Bridgestones before, and specifically BT016s. The tire vendor at the track would probably be glad to give you some advice on...
  2. geekmug

FS: New Dunlop Q2 120/180 Set

Yep, I will ship them for that.
  3. geekmug

FS: New Dunlop Q2 120/180 Set

New Dunlop Q2 120/180 Set - $200 OBO Front: 120/70/17 (Date Code: 2111) Rear: 180/55/17 (Date Code: 2511) I got these last year as part of the free tire program but haven't had a use for them. They've been stored in my insulated/heated garage right along side all of my race tires.
  4. geekmug

What gives with the VIR track dates being cancelled?

Doing better than some of us.
  5. geekmug

Woodcraft or Chickenhawk?

Yah, it will, there is just a time lag where from it detecting the load and responding to it. For high in-rush devices (like an A/C's compressor) it can be a problem, but for a simple resistive load like a tire baker, I don't get how it could matter in the slightest.
  6. geekmug

Woodcraft or Chickenhawk?

Hmm, I'd believe that non-inverted generators could hurt the warmers because you could get an over-voltage situation causing the warmers to getting hotter than they were intended. But your eco throttle generator is inverted, so the line voltage should be better regulated. The only problem with...
  7. geekmug

Case covers?

You make racing sound so appealing.. :p
  8. geekmug

What's up the the trackday store?

Whether you like it or not, there are people who depended on NESBA that have been hung out to dry by the closing of the MW. You can distance yourself and NESBA from that, but anybody with two cents of common sense knows that folks like Turn One Racing and Trackday Store were depending on NESBAs...
  9. geekmug

MW Schedule

Haha, but it's one of my favorite quotes! Just a fancy way to say that I don't think Bob Blandford and company are evil; I just think they can't be bothered to care about us. I'm not mad at NESBA, just disappointed, like when a friend stops calling or when my favorite restaurant goes out of...
  10. geekmug

MW Schedule

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
  11. geekmug

Bazzaz Tuning

Hook me up! There is no good info out there on how to setup the TC map. I have a map that I settled on based on reading a lot of bullshit online, applying my own common sense, and fiddling with it at the track, so I'm sure I could learn a lot from yours.
  12. geekmug

NESBA alternatives for folks in MW

I don't know maybe that is related to the NESBA MW's difficulties..
  13. geekmug

MW Schedule

Sadly, that is the sort of classy handling of a situation that I have come to expect from corporate NESBA. Sorry to see NESBA MW go, but I suppose it was a bit inevitable that the Northeast Sportbike Association would abandon us in tough times.
  14. geekmug

Tentative Putnam Dates Getting Smaller

That begs the question of how these tracks can be booked solid for the entire year? If it was such a raw deal for the hosting organization, then these tracks wouldn't be able to rent the track to anybody because who would want to rent it. And, if anything most of the competition charge more for...
  15. geekmug

Enclosed Trailer Advice

Number of axles don't matter, it's all about weight. Depending on your state, you may be able to run afoul of the law with a single axle (3500# per axle is typical). Some states require trailer brakes for trailers weighing as little as 1000#. Most states say 3000#, so I don't think any trailer...
  16. geekmug

New Bodywork

Your SV is fine, as long as you can keep the muffler attached.. :haha:
  17. geekmug

Every excuse in the book

Except you can deduct new vehicle taxes on your federal taxes, so then you really only get abused when buying used.. pretty sure it's an incentive scam put in place by Big Auto to get you to buy new.
  18. geekmug

Putnam 2012

Looks like Cycle Options lost their two weekends and they gave them to NESBA. No offense to the folks behind the CO events, because I respect anyone who is willing to rent out a track for me to use, but I'd rather they be NESBA events them CO events, so it's all good with me.
  19. geekmug

Has anyone heard of mjsperformance?

I have their full-race system for my 600RR. For my bike, they just take a stock header and cut the cat off and weld in a mid-pipe. Muffler is a similar hack of the stock one -- cut open and repack. A lot cheaper than the alternatives. They were nice enough to weld in an O2 bung for me as well...
  20. geekmug

Coolants in Advanced Group

http://www.orisonmarketing.com/msds/MSDS%20IceClearHD.pdf That's old-fashioned glycerin anti-freeze. That stuff is 50-65% glycerin, and glycerin is slippery stuff -- it's used in personal lubricants. I'm not in charge here, but my vote would be no. The same rationale for why glycol-based...