Search results

1. M

Small Bike Fun Opinion ??

My R6 is gone, my new ride is an 01 SV650. I Look forward to flogging it next season. For anyone who has moved from a larger bike to a smaller one (Horsepower wise)...has the saying been true for you: It is more fun to push a smaller bike to its limits than to try and keep up with a larger...
  2. M

2000 Yamaha R6 Cheap - for parts or for track

For Sale 2001 Yamaha 1st Generation YZF-R6 Fair condition My trackbike for the past 7 seasons. Had slow speed lowside at summit point in July. it runs, but has some exhaust smoke. Would need some TLC to be track ready. But could also be used as a parts bike as these R6s are becoming rare...
  3. M

Hope for a Speedy Recovery for Terrence...

For those of you on here who know him, Terrence Johnson, owner-mechanic of A&J Cycles in Forestville, Md. took a nasty spill while racing at Summit Point this past weekend 6/4-5. It appears that he has sustained some very serious injuries, but thanks to the air-fence, he is going to be ok. I...
  4. M

Daytona 200, now off the air!!!! Wtf!?!?

:banghead:OK, i HAVE to vent here. The so called "world center of racing" and "the most prestigious american motorcycle race" was just taken off the air by the double-B minor leagues-NASCAR QUALIFYING, I MEAN REALLY?!?!?! :banghead: Now, i dont follow nascar at all, if it comes on...
  5. M

Can Somebody help me understand these 'Daytona' folks please?

What would be the remedy if, say, Mugello had a pothole right in the middle of the front straight away? They would probably repave the entire track to cure it from happening anywhere else along the racing surface. ok, lets pull back some, Mugello ONLY hosts MotoGP AND F1 AND many other world...
  6. M

Class rides ???

Has anyone on the board run with Reg Pridmore and his Class school? I wanted a general impression of it, what you learned, how you felt about it, thier pace, thier coaching...ect.? I have done STAR's 2-day school, and Cali Superbike schools lvl 1. STAR was a blast, Cali not so much (one...
  7. M

Glove Liners ???

with the weather changing, and it getting nippy, i was thinking of buying some glove liners for under my track gloves... anybody use them before, anybody have any product that they would recommend? I was looking at the Fieldsheer silk or stretch fleece models... :notsure: thanks Patrick Ft...
  8. M

1st Gen R6 kickstand rewire ???

I have a first gen '01 YZF-R6... It is both my street bike and trackday bike... On this year R6, the bike would not start with the kick stand down. it would have to be put up, and thus pressing against some sort of button or switch, for the bike to be started and run. About a year ago, the...
  9. M

Ducati Shop in NoVa. area??

I have a coworker who needs some work on his Duc Monster...and i am trying to steer him away from Coleman Power... Does anyone have a good mechanic who works on Ducs, and maybe also does a little bodywork as well? He took a slow speed lowside and ding'd his tank and right side canister...
  10. M

Duc Shop in NoVa??

I have a coworker who had a slow speed tuck on his Duc Monster and needs some work done. He is looking for a Ducati maint. shop in the Alexandria, Northern Va. area... anyone had a good one that wont kill him on price and have him waiting 3 months for repair work??? thanks to all suggestions
  11. M

Anyone used TrackWraps??

I saw an ad in RRW and thought it was a great idea, and a way to spruce up my scuffed track skinz... I also saw that they give a NESBA discount... Has anyone used them, what do you think, how do they look??? Any opinions are welcome.
  12. M

Anyone using TrackWraps??

I saw an ad in RRW and thought it was a great idea, and a way to spruce up my scuffed track skinz... I also saw that they give a NESBA discount... Has anyone used them, what do you think, how do they look??? Any opinions are welcome.
  13. M

WTB 99-02 R6 exhaust

:cool: Ok, i am tired of my overly loud D&D, and looking to replace it. I would like to buy a slightly used, good condition slip on or full exhaust 1st generation YZF-R6 exaust pipe for my track bike. Anyone offering, please respond here, as this is part of my daily reading, or email me at...
  14. M

R6 exhaust ??s

I have a 2001 carberated R6-1st gen of the model. I currently have a rather obnoxious D&D slip on on the bike, which is rather loud. I was wondering, and have seen, R6S's with the shortie/stubby 2007-2008 style R6 canisters on them. I am guessing that since they are both fuel injected...
  15. M

the engine replacement blues

OK, I've been doing this trackday thing since 99, but this is a first for me so i would love some advice from anyone who would offer it. I put my beloved '01 YZF-R6 in the shop for an electrical problem, and they call me back saying that thier diagnostic checks have uncovered a severe engine...
  16. M

Stiff in the lefts ??

My continued problem is with body position...in right hand turns i am 'ok' but in left hand turns i cant seem to be consistent. I cannot keep my left arm/elbow relaxed and loose, allowing me to lean into and hang off into left hand turns. My next trackday will be at Summit Shenandoah so i will...
  17. M

R6 wont even turn on...

:banghead: :dunno: my 01 R6 was riding fine, then it just cut off. turning the key now doesnt even turn on the lights, instruments, ect. I have checked the battery, fuses, and think i have narrowed it down to the ignition-key switch but i am not sure of what i am missing. has anyone had...