Search results

1. benw

Celebrating the Life of Mike Moore, NESBA Mid-Atlantic Director (1966 - 2011)

Lost on the track, finding my way... Mike, We can still hear your voice at the riders meeting. Straight, to the point. Positive and loaded with humor. You are a man among men. Passionate about coaching, riding, and life. Your family misses you and we miss you now. As Kubricky said "You helped...
  2. benw

Celebrating the Life of Mike Moore, NESBA Mid-Atlantic Director (1966 - 2011)

Mike, Even now I can hear your voice conducting the morning riders meeting. You helped countless riders, me included. All our prayers go out to your family. R.I.P.
  3. benw

A sad day in the motorcycle community

Notice that Ben Spies said that Super Sic was the only rider riding a hard rear tire? We traveled and saw him race several times. He always had time for the fans. Godspeed.
  4. benw

Hit broadside by a cage

Not trying to hijack this post but a wake up call to max your insurance. The insured driver may have 100K. Flight to shock trauma 11-15K. 1 week shock trauma w/surgery 50-100K. 3 months rehab hospital 45K. Home rehab 3K. Go for 300K insurance and add a homeowners umbrella policy. That way when...
  5. benw

Hit broadside by a cage

Lawyer up. Your insurance company will respond much quicker with all your medical needs. This is going to be a long recovery. It took a year for me to start feeling normal and two years later another surgery. Find a lawyer from a referral, not the phone book. Lost wages and pain and suffering...
  6. benw

Aug 29 - Thunderbolt

Riding:D to Indy driving home and will be at the track on Monday. Yeehaw!
  7. benw

Loss of a Legend

Back in the 80's I was riding my Honda V45 Sabre in Cockeysville MD and stopped in at Gary Nixon's Cycle store. On the wall behind the counter was a shredded race suit on the wall. I asked the guy behind the counter if the racer wearing the suit survived that accident and Gary responded " God, I...
  8. benw

new from Maryland

Welcome. You will learn more about your bike and yourself in one track day than a year on the street. Have fun.
  9. benw

Best artist ever...

My whole office just LOAO!!!!
  10. benw

Too much fun

Gawwed that was funny. Remember that Las Vegas Extremes video with the blonde on the mini in the supermarket? LOL.
  11. benw

Germany [SPOILER ALERT]

I think the Spies kick at Simoncelli was a 'in your face dude'. Spies past him at the last moment at the last race in Mugello. Simoncelli is disliked by many of the teams Honda and Yamaha especially for taking out their riders. Spies described both riders in front blocking him on the last two...
  12. benw

Germany [SPOILER ALERT]

Saltman I totally agree with you. I've never been a Lorenzo fan but he is the definition of smooth these past few years. Nobody can lean the bike more than Stoner but he can always be flustered by close passing. Watching Rossi move up through the field it will be exciting to see the return of...
  13. benw

Germany [SPOILER ALERT]

Race was at 8am on Speed. You could have watched it Live on MotoGP.com. Anyway I didn't post who won. Everyone get out the popcorn watch the tape and tell me how he did it. He past a faster rider and his bike. :popcorn: Nice to see Spies reaction the last pass.
  14. benw

Germany [SPOILER ALERT]

How did Lorenzo do that? Casy Stoner was doing everything right. His tires were done, but was it the electronics that let him down or did Lorenzo have a NOS bottle under his seat?
  15. benw

New from North Jersey

Welcome to NESBA. Enjoy!
  16. benw

Hagerstown

I rode my Ducati out to Hagerstown to join my buds at the Speeds Cycle tent outside. When they announced they needed a singer I thought although I've never served my country in a uniform, I am very proud of being an American. I didn't know I'd be in the infield in front of that whole crowd. All...
  17. benw

thoughts / prayers

prayers sent
  18. benw

Any Help with small numbers?

Does anyone riding at Thunderbolt June 13th have small bike numbers? I need a '256' for the front of a naked bike. I have 6" numbers (standard AMA) but the tiny screen can probably only handle 4" max. Does the Nesba trailer have numbers? Sorry this is so last minute.:notsure:
  19. benw

Track day with 2 bikes

Thanks Vinny.:rolleyes:
  20. benw

Track day with 2 bikes

Dumb question warning.... I'm coming out to NJMP on Monday with 2 bikes, one rider. My guess is I go through tech with one bike and then back through with 2nd bike, same number on both, right?