Search results

1. B

Alpinestarts Supertech R boots, size 11.5 US, $300

Please message me if you have questions/want additional information or pictures. These boots were bought in 2013 as a gift from my wife and they were still in the box from someone who had bought the wrong size but never returned them. I wore them for 1/2 a track day in 2013 but then kept them...
  2. B

Barber Info

Towing a 7x16 enclosed trailer behind a Toyota Tundra, I get the same exact same [crappy] highway MPG whether it's empty (~2800 lbs) or with a moderate load (trailer plus ~3000 lbs cargo). I can't imagine adding a full load of water to an RV would have any affect on the towing fuel efficiency...
  3. B

Trail Braking...Should I be Doing it?

Yes, he certainly covered the concept that many riders hang off to the extreme, which is inefficient and not always beneficial. Having attended only one STAR school, I have only that one experience to rely on. His instructors taught us to pivot around the tank and hang the upper body off less...
  4. B

Trail Braking...Should I be Doing it?

Glad someone bumped this thread. I too need to develop trail braking skill this year. I tried it (gently) a few times in January at NOLA and found it helpful. What I seem to always have heard in the past is, "oh, that's an advanced skill you'll learn when you get faster," and so I hadn't...
  5. B

Custom Motorcycle Paint + Race Bodywork

Drew, sent you an email yesterday. Hoping to do some business with you soon. :)
  6. B

Painting front and tail for race numbers?

I did think about that... guess I'll give him a call.
  7. B

Painting front and tail for race numbers?

I'm prepping my bike for WERA (which now requires 6" numbers per their recent rule changes) and I need to change my front and tail for yellow background vice white. I have a second set of bodywork I'm going to have repainted and I'll get a proper job done then, so this (hopefully) is just a...
  8. B

Do you like Barber Motorsports Park?

I've only ridden at Barber one time, in 2010, but it sure was nice. Definitely going to make a return to Barber sometime this year. I don't particularly like Facebook but I do have an account so I gave Barber a "Like" today.
  9. B

2012 Triumph Street Triple R $7500 OBO

That is a really sweet deal. Out of curiousity, what are you getting instead? Free bump :)
  10. B

AMA Supersport Kawasaki ZX6R

lol, thanks for setting me up on that one Matt :). I'll surely give it my best effort though.
  11. B

AMA Supersport Kawasaki ZX6R

I sent you a couple text messages. I'm not much of a text'er so hopefully you got them.
  12. B

Alpinestars Stella Anouke Womens Suit

Anyone have experience with this suit? Looking to buy my wife her first suit and she likes the look of this one, plus the cost is fairly reasonable. Even though it's specifically made for women, I expect it likely won't fit quite right and that we'll send it off to Lizzy or someone for a few...
  13. B

2008 gsxr 750

Location? Title status? Besides the shim, stock shock? Any track fairings? Free bump :)
  14. B

'06 GSX-R1000 Track / Racebike

I have to agree, this is hard to pass up. My 2006 GSXR 1000 (junked after I mangled it at VIR) was probably my favorite bike ever, although my ability still is far below liter-racebike necessity. I want a dedicated track bike for this season however. PM to you, and free bump.
  15. B

Undamaged helmet requirement

Without a doubt, go buy a new helmet. I crashed in 2010 and impacted head first. Took about two years to recover from the brain injury, and still I will never be the same. I would never risk wearing a helmet which had any possibility of compromise. And coincidentally, I was wearing a brand...
  16. B

FS GSXR 750 Track Bike NJ $4500

PM'd you. Free bump.
  17. B

Are you tired of Ray Lewis?

I don't have any strong tie to either team but this time I will root for the 49ers. I appreciate Ray Lewis passion for the game but I also am a little tired of the tearful emotional outbursts. While I don't discount Ray Lewis truly superb career, I still think of Mike Singletary when I think...
  18. B

Good race school

I've done California Superbike School multiple times. I think very highly of their program. I don't understand the attitude people have toward starting in Level 1 and I've observed in some cases (obviously not all) people actually have no idea what this means but still remain adamantly opposed...
  19. B

Schedule is loaded

No dates listed for NOLA... do you expect any, or has NOLA been dropped altogether?
  20. B

Basic suspension help near Philadelphia?

Hmmm, good call. I didn't know Markbilt was near NJMP and didn't realize Philly and NJMP were that close. I passed this suggestion along and hopefully he can get help from them. Thanks!