2018 N2 track day bike prep - Where's everyone at?

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
That's ugly looking!

Since the last two weekends were cancelled, and I spent a little more time going over stuff, decided I had time to pull the forks and shock from old faithful and send them to Jon Tyus at CTR. Decided Thursday AM, pulled the suspension and packed it Thursday evening, and shipped Fri AM. Replaced the steering head bearings/races on Sunday while the forks were off. Also had a NOS Vortex triple top I found cheap for it - needed to machine it to clearance it for the steering damper mount on Saturday. Jon promised the suspension back relatively quickly - more than soon enough to have it ready for the 28-30 April weekend (PIRC/Shenny/Main).

bmart

Control Rider
I wish that I could get back up to Shenny and to Pitt. I'm not sure that'll ever be in the cards.

Wet and gloomy here in CLT today.

Menotomy

World's Okayest Racer
Control Rider
That is gnarly. That is something of an accomplishment break an sv650. They are renown for their reliability as far as I am aware.
This was a built motor so when you start messing with cams and things like that I think the reliability goes away. The engine I put back in is a "supersport" build and everything is stock. The only difference is the valves and seats were cut to seal better and the heads were milled slightly.

Jason DeBoer

Fortunately for me, the event was cancelled this weekend. I just got the tank back on SAT so had a chance to get it running finally and make sure I got it put back together correctly. No leaks, apparent electrical snafu's or codes thrown. Now just need the rest of the body and I will be ready to hit Summit in a few weeks.
4YPVmih.jpg

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
My Malware and virus protection won't let my computer go to 4dudesonatwin..... Keep saying it contains risky inappropriate content.... :)

Kurt_Orban

The whole thing looks great. I miss the days of Ocean Pacific. Simpler times.
I'm looking forward to actually getting my bike on the track rather than clean it, tweak, and continually think of scrap to install on it. Last thing is a Spiegler custom upper brake line to eliminate interference with my instrument cluster at full left lock, and then the bike is 100% 8 g it my paint done by Swenson also, hopefully I can keep it pretty, while getting faster lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Tell me about it. We were trying to just make a one day trip down to NCBike for a little time on Sunday since both VIR and the last NCBike weekends have been cancelled due to weather. And of course - the only day where there are scheduled weather issues down there is - Yup. Sunday. Again. Maybe it's my imagination but I don't recall a year where so many consecutive weekends were being demolished by weather. We've had rain show up on part of the weekend, but this is ridiculous.

bmart

Control Rider
Farkles. All farkles. My bikes gets oil and tires and not much more! Just wrapping up tire selection and moutning for tomorrow. Woot!

Kurt_Orban

Ncbike almost got washed out, rode in a thunderstorm, not fun at all. I'll see you all at PittRace on the 28, 29, and summit on the 30th

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Hey, NCBike was great for the first couple sessions. It was warm enough that the track was ready right off the bat. Kenny and I were the first two bikes on the track, and were laying down rubber starting the second lap. Had a great time even if it did get cut short!

That being said, ready and anxious for PIRC next Sat, Shenny Sun, and Main Mon!