3/1 Barber Canceled! No-show credit??

Mr.DJ

Yes! It looks like we got a 09 weather cancellations in early. Snow and sub-34 degrees with the elevations changes all day is too dangerous.

So straight out of the Rider's Manual
-------------------------------------------

"If you choose not to show up and we cancel the event, you will receive a 100% credit for another NESBA event, to be used within one calendar year. Credits will be applied to your account within two weeks of the event. NESBA will ride on a wet track. However, there may be circumstances when we feel it is not safe enough to ride and cancel the event. This will be determined only on the day of the event."

Check in News from Admin for credits. Road Atl has to be better. So I am really looking forward to it. Seems like this is going to make the wait more difficult.

bahs

Thank you nesba/dj!!!!

mr.dj;39437 wrote: yes! It looks like we got a 09 weather cancellations in early. Snow and sub-34 degrees with the elevations changes all day is too dangerous.

So straight out of the rider's manual
-------------------------------------------

"if you choose not to show up and we cancel the event, you will receive a 100% credit for another nesba event, to be used within one calendar year. Credits will be applied to your account within two weeks of the event.
nesba will ride on a wet track. However, there may be circumstances when we feel it is not safe enough to ride and cancel the event. This will be determined only on the day of the event."

check in news from admin for credits. Road atl has to be better. So i am really looking forward to it. Seems like this is going to make the wait more difficult.

clausiam

For those that didn't show ...

My track day report
5:40AM - Leave Kennesaw; 42 degrees and light rain.
6:50AM - Get to Barber; 32 degrees and snowing
7:00AM - Nesba announces that riding is cancelled
10:30AM - Back in Kennesaw
:(

"Highlights" of the day:

The paddock when I arrived:
DSC_6486_web.jpg

My bike
DSC_6502_web.jpg

Turn 5 - yeah, riding would not be a good idea:
DSC_6494_web.jpg

More pics in next post...

clausiam

Maybe do the Porsche school? Nah!
DSC_6498_web.jpg

I don't think so...
DSC_6501_web.jpg

Back home in Kennesaw, the snow caught up with me
DSC_6525_web.jpg

At least the kids had a good day
DSC_6522_web.jpg

Mr.DJ

down the street from you

clausiam,

Dude, your like 5 miles from me :) Take a rt on Stilesboro - I'm in Barrett Greene.

The drive wasn't too bad (12noon arrival for me). I Still have to drop the RV off later today before HOA clowns come out.

dj

clausiam

Sig;39452 wrote: Did you buy that bike from Tony?
No. I forgot the name of the guy I bought it from, but the owner before him was called Anthony so that's probably the Tony you know. I believe it was raced for one season and the guy I bought it from had tracked it for another year or so.

Sig

Ah cool, yeah that would be Tony then. Yeah, the bike pretty much went showroom to track for about a year before he upgraded to a 750. Great bike and well maintained.

clausiam

Mr.DJ;39456 wrote: clausiam,

Dude, your like 5 miles from me :) Take a rt on Stilesboro - I'm in Barrett Greene.

The drive wasn't too bad (12noon arrival for me). I Still have to drop the RV off later today before HOA clowns come out.
That's funny. Glad I made it home before the snow really hit here, you must have had snow sticking to the road before you got back.

We should "car-pool" next time we're both going to Barber on the same day. I'd rather spend the money on track-days and tires than gas going to the track. The trailer I use has the aerodynamics of an 18-wheeler so I get about 13 mpg when towing the bike :eek:

gixercrew

glad you guys made is home safe.. I-20 was a nightmare i had to stop and wait out the snow/ice that had my truck and trailer sliding all over the place ... we even saw a p/u truck slid off into a ditch right infront of us ... :eek:

Mr.DJ

gixercrew;39460 wrote: glad you guys made is home safe.. I-20 was a nightmare i had to stop and wait out the snow/ice that had my truck and trailer sliding all over the place ... we even saw a p/u truck slid off into a ditch right infront of us ... :eek:
Mannnnnnnn! - It wasn't that bad.... You Georgian!!!!

Mr. Blindrider

Damn, don't you boys have snow tires for them dare two wheelers?:D Derek could have made a fortune today. Please tell me atleast somebody had a snowball fight.:notsure:

aowens2

Sissies?! I would have been more excited and amazed to know somebody was going out there than for it to dry up and me have been able to run the track. I mean, at about 7:30 you couldn't see the grass and the white shit (snow) was coming in sideways. Better than sitting at the house all day still. 70 degrees when we left the house south of Atlanta yesterday at 3:00. 45 in Leeds, AL at 9:00. And we all know the rest. See you guys at RA.

sheepofblue

Sorry to here the folks that traveled a long way did not get nice weather but kudos to NESBA for calling a day that could have gotten REAL nasty. We have a hazardous hobby but sometimes it is best to not get on the bike ;)