7/30 Lightning @ NJMP

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
I agree. A bit more feedback on forums will help like an after action review will go a long way for some. I know its hard sometimes especially with the amount of riders that turn up and people unable to get more one on one with CRs, if not no feedback.

This isn't a bad idea, and I know most CRs that hang out on the forum are happy to provide feedback. Being totally transparent, the only problem I have is my memory isn't perhaps as good as it should be, and it's often very hard to distinguish rider from rider even at the end of a session when it's crowded. Sometimes having some video to refer to could really help. It's not because we don't want to help - there is obviously just human limits to exactly how much multi-tasking we can do.

The novice group had to be split into two groups which was great and alleviated congestion on a shorter track.

This is a big thumbs up to Shiloh and Rob for deciding to do it. It was a really good decision!

I was cut off on one or two occasions by someone doing an inside pass on a turn which could've been bad, at the same time I understand when someone commits to a turn especially on a bike its a lot different then driving a cage, its part of track days.

Honestly, no excuses. If somebody commits to a turn and their only recourse it to make an illegal pass (inside pass in I, ANY turn pass before the apex in N) then either they don't have control of their bike, or they're not looking ahead (which is really the same thing). We often hear this justification, and being up front - we'd rather have the pass done than causing a crash, but that doesn't change the fact that it still means that the entire situation was caused by the rider making the pass in almost 100% of the time. Getting people to get their eyes looking ahead and anticipating what's ahead is a huge part of progressing from N to I, and absolutely from I to A.

YOLOrider87

Despite all that happened it was mainly a good day and most importantly, I HAD FUN! Only downside is waiting for September to come around to return to Thunderbolt.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Wow! I was unfortunately stranded off the right side of T5 as at the same time I had an electrical problem that killed my bike. Then I was waiting for a recovery vehicle as it was tied up taking care of that accident.

Bill did you switch brands?

tdelegram

Control Rider
No, I think somebody was speaking German near my pits, and my bike started to act like a KTM.
Actually that would have been Austrian, but that explains it, my assumption was your bike was old and tired, but I could have been confused with the operator?

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Ach, but remember - Austrians speak German.....

Both the bike and the rider are both old and sometimes tired. Yet, both better looking and faster than their KTM compatriots.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Yeah. Just make sure you look where you're going. The turn before the bowl is where I crashed my ZX10. On the INSIDE of the turn. Not fun. While wearing my shirt. Ugh.