April 5-6th Summit roll call!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Here's a dumb question, can I drop my trailer next to Otto man on Saturday night and leave it overnight? I have family coming with which ruins the ability to do the bum camp in the back of my trailblazer, so we will be staying at a motel near on Saturday and Sunday night. If I pay them the camping fee would they let me leave the trailer overnight? And Otto Man would you be willing to make sure no one sabatoges me? :)

Like Rob said, there is never any guarantee against theft, but 99.9% of the time, nothing is going to happen. The last time someone touched my stuff, they came over to push up on the EZ up cover that was starting to sag and collect water. Rather than let it fill up with water and collapse on my bike (and break the EZ up in the process), they were looking out for me. That's the typical attitude you'll see in the paddock. Everyone helps each other.

I'll put my dog on guard duty to watch your trailer. You'll be fine. :D

HavocCat

Chris
Haha, Thanks OttoMan

Yeah I figured everyone would be more helpful than anything... I'm aiming to be there a bit earlier on Saturday as well to get everything set up...

What does your trailer look like so I know what to look for?

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Yeah they usually have his ancient guy manning the gate overnight for late arrivals. Nicest guy, too.

CBRtist

Jealous. I wanted to do these dates because it was my Spring Break but no one wanted to play :(

See you in May!

CBRtist

You can absolutely leave your trailer, etc there overnight and there is no camping fee for this. This is what many people do. I'm not saying it cant happen, but the paddock is a pretty friendly and safe place. Other than getting pranked and zip tied into your trailer :D I've never personally witnessed any sabotage/theft.

There is apparently some guy who leaves his trailer there stashed year round and no one has ever said anything... what a way to save on storage fees.

HavocCat

Chris
Don't even care that it might rain on Sunday. Let's attack it with a positive attitude!

I have a bone to pick with rain riding anyways.

REDEMPTION!

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Riding in the rain is actually one of the best ways to work on your riding. Slow your pace WAY down, focus on smooth inputs and mechanics. Body position, hitting your apexes, keeping your eyes scanning... You really just need to get it into your head that grip is low and that pace is not what you should be focused on. For me the biggest deterrent to riding in the rain is when it's cold. I can deal with the cold or the rain, but not both at the same time. Hopefully if it does rain the temps will be up enough to at least get some quality laps in.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Don't even care that it might rain on Sunday. Let's attack it with a positive attitude!

I have a bone to pick with rain riding anyways.

REDEMPTION!

Uh Oh! You said the "R" word! You realize that automatically volunteers you to bring no less than a case of beer to share with your paddock mates.

The "R" Word is VERY VERY bad....never mention the "R" word before an event.

Personally, I hope it's clear and in the mid to upper 60's. Track's dry and clear and fun for you all.

I have Easter Time with Alex on Sunday, and I have to work on Monday. I'll be there in May.

tomseviltwin

Control Rider
It involved some stairs, a banister and a pet.

The result was my hand slipping off of the banister and smacking the curl of the banister at the bottom of the stairs. Essentially I "punched" the banister with all of my weight to avoid landing on my face at the bottom of the stairs. I fractured the fifth metacarpal on the wrist end clean through. Getting a CT scan to make sure I don't have any fractures to the other bones in my wrist. The X-rays are a bit hard to see. If I do, then I may need surgery on my right wrist to pin things back together. It's unlikely that any more damage was done.
Sorry to hear Kevin. Was looking forward to catching up. Get well soon!

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Uh Oh! You said the "R" word! You realize that automatically volunteers you to bring no less than a case of beer to share with your paddock mates.

The "R" Word is VERY VERY bad....never mention the "R" word before an event.

Personally, I hope it's clear and in the mid to upper 60's. Track's dry and clear and fun for you all.

I have Easter Time with Alex on Sunday, and I have to work on Monday. I'll be there in May.
Yeah, he was using the "R" word pretty loosely.