Barber Info

JRA

tiggen;180599 wrote: Does anybody know if BMP allows us to walk the track? What about ride it with a bicycle?

thanks,

No and no. Whatever you do don't go over the fence either. That place has more security and cameras than Fort Knox.

dpullen

Good lord that was an awesome weekend! We couldn't have asked for better weather! I got a bunch of video on Sunday in the I and A groups that I will post up!

griffinzx10

I just wanted to say thank you to Nesba and the control riders. Thank you all for your hard work to put on these events I know how much is involved. What an awesome weekend, I have done many track days and Nesba puts on a first class event.

This was my second time at barber, and my second event w nesba and it was awesome.

Thank you all and thanks to the control riders who towed me along and helped w great feedback.

meganogin

dpullen;180925 wrote: Good lord that was an awesome weekend! We couldn't have asked for better weather! I got a bunch of video on Sunday in the I and A groups that I will post up!
YES!!! Video, please. Thanks.

Flat Spot

I had a great time myself. It's been almost two years since I rode a bike when I crashed at Barber, but the comeback was worth it. Shane, thanks for taking the time to get me back up to speed, but man you are just too fast.

I have to give a shout out to Thermosman too for helping me set my bikes suspension up. The guy knows what he is talking about. I was blown away by the amount of work he did for me and that he didn't try to retire off my bill!

litespeed

I had a great time with my NESBA family this weekend. Great weather, great riding and GREAT friends!!! You all are what I love most about this sport. Thanks to all of the CRs that worked with me this weekend. You guys are awesome and I appreciate all that you do!!!

Lynda

sheepofblue

dpullen;180925 wrote: Good lord that was an awesome weekend! We couldn't have asked for better weather! I got a bunch of video on Sunday in the I and A groups that I will post up!
Be sure to edit out all the slow sheep in "I" so the audience does not fall asleep ;)

griffinzx10

meganogin;180983 wrote:
YES!!! Video, please. Thanks.

Cosign. Purty please

toolfreek

I had a great time as well. I'm the dummy who high sided in the B group second session. Thanks to all my neighbors who helped get my stuff together, and expressed concern with my well being. A sprained ankle and the tips of two fingers broken is all that I suffered. (Other than being sore in places I didn't know that I had!) Thankful for gear and for the crash mods like sliders and case covers that kept the bike from being just obliterated. Cant wait to get the bike and myself fixed up and have another go at it.

Saltman

I saw you in the grass as we pitted in. Glad to know you weren't seriously hurt. Now heal up quick!

sheepofblue

toolfreek;181067 wrote: I had a great time as well. I'm the dummy who high sided in the B group second session. Thanks to all my neighbors who helped get my stuff together, and expressed concern with my well being. A sprained ankle and the tips of two fingers broken is all that I suffered. (Other than being sore in places I didn't know that I had!) Thankful for gear and for the crash mods like sliders and case covers that kept the bike from being just obliterated. Cant wait to get the bike and myself fixed up and have another go at it.
Was that you going onto the front straight? I cannot remember the exact session but we were wondering what happened since the rider appeared OK (standing there) yet rode into the pits in the ambulance. The only thing we could think was a concussion or bad foot. If that was you I am glad it was not worse as that was fairly spectacular to see from the pits :wow:

toolfreek

Yeah it was me, probably. Foot and shoulder were hurting, and my right eye was real snowy, so I knew I had hit my head pretty good. When I said that it was into the meatwagon I went lol. Can you tell me what you saw? From what I remember I came into the turn and as I got back in the gas the rear stepped out. I remember basically being almost in the dirt oval position on the bike and thinking it wasnt good, then I just remember trying to get to the fence to catch my breath.

I'm still wondering what happened other than just getting on the throttle too hard. A CR came to the pits and said I was running a quicker pace than he would have been for that early in the day, but said I didnt do anything to look like I needed to be stopped, he said I looked smooth and in control, and I felt that way myself. Didn't feel like I was on the edge at all, then I just lost it.

sheepofblue

If it was you (sounds like it was):
We were standing there talking at the gate and out of the corner of my eye I saw you go sideways. My guess is you lost the back end although I didn't recall hearing an engine spin up hard and you were a lone bike so that was kind of strange. Then it was hard to tell as it happened fast and we were watching through the fence but it almost looked like you went off the bike while it was low then it caught and started to flip and cart wheel pretty hard. So it seemed that you low sided but the bike high sided. There was also a terrible crunching grinding sound that is hard to figure what it was. This part is foggy for me but I think I saw you slide toward but not off the track and after a short delay get up pause looking at the bike then think better of it and continue to the armco. I remember the bike being completely in the trap but the flag crew tossed a fast red, good thinking though as in a race they might have stayed game on but for a track day the bike was in target fixation lookation high. I was actually a bit surprised when the ambulance pulled up with the crash truck as you (or the rider did not appear hurt). As they wheeled the bike onto the trailer the rider appeared to come around almost like he was going to get in the crash truck and a corner worker kind of guided the rider back toward the ambulance (that was partly why we thought a concussion).

Not sure this is accurate so take it for what it is worth. If that was not you I hope the rider was OK and just got a just in case ride in with the emergency crew.