BeaveRun May 2,2010

rob92

Control Rider
N2
What bothers me most about this thread is that people will hear this fool/tool spouting off about his personal issues and detracting from the stellar riding I observed this weekend.

I thought the B an I groups were one of the most well behaved, wide-eyed and eager to learn, than most other track days. Just look at the number of bumps this weekend alone.

Glad I missed all this drama. Particularly glad to see what NESBA members have to say about this particular DKE subject.

rk97

well there it is - some people just don't get it.

thankfully I see the other side of the coin often enough to maintain some faith in humanity (or at least the riding community).

I pitted next to a guy at Beave in 2008(?) who was running "B" group with me. After the first session, I was waiting to talk to a CR, and he said, "hold on a minute - i have to find the guy on the Yellow GSXR." the CR came back and informed me that he'd bumped the guy to "A" group.

I think his exact words were, "i knew he was moving, but I was still surprised when his lap timer had 1:04's. That's 'A' pace in 'B' traffic."

Turned out to be the guy pitted next to me. I asked why he didn't register directly into "I." He said, "well i heard NESBA was faster. Never ridden with them before, so I figured it couldn't hurt to register in beginner."

the system works.

pefrey

D-Zum;125474 wrote:
"You talk the talk..but you cannot walk the walk"

Well summarized.

D-Zum;125474 wrote:

Do not say things like that while I am drinking coffee. Jerk. :mad::D:D

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
peanuthead;125375 wrote: This was by far the worst motorcycle track day that I have ever attended in my six years of tracking.The staff at Nesba along with the CRs,except for two, were constantly harassing me on and off the race track,yes you were.I signed up for intermediate group but found that at registration that I was put in beginner group.I never would of gone to this trackday if I was registration in the beginner group.The attitude of the staff of Nesba was very poor.I tried to talk to the director to explain the i should be in the intermediate or advanced group,but that was to no avail.Please remember that WE ARE PAYING CUSTOMERS and deserve respect.
Ok.... Now lets first talk about signing up in Intermediate.... You did not sign up in Intermediate, you instead crossed off Beginner and hand wrote in Intermediate. I then explained to you that we don't operate that way and you would have to be evaluated and "Bumped Up" to Intermediate. I made sure that the CR Captain watched you and he talked with you about your riding and where you needed to improve, and then Buck had a conversation with you.... Later in the day I went out and rode with you and I came up and talked to you and gave you my observations (both good and bad). It truly saddens me that you some how think you were miss-treated, when you were given a great deal of personal attention in an attempt to move you up to the group that you believe you belonged in. I hope that you can eventually take a step back and reevaluate the day and come back out and give it another try with us.

Regards,
Todd

bjrose

Peanuthead - I found your post to be very troubling and I can't help but wonder where you were during the 2 rider meetings for the B group when we were all asked if there were any problems or concerns as that was the time to address them. I'm sorry you didn't have a good experince with Nesba, but then again, our experiences are what we make them. I have been with NESBA for 3 years now and have always found the CR's and directors at all events to be nothing but professional and helpful in making the event fun, safe and a learning experience. Thanks again Buck, "Follow Me Todd", Kubricky, Murph (sorry I scaed you) Kevin,Rob, Dave and "new" Chris for another great track day. Looking forward to the next one.
Barb

Hambone

I hope he is gone. I saw this dude talking to Todd and I was thinking right then and there that he was going to acting like a little sissy. Didn't go through inspection yet and already had something to beef about. Thinking he is better than he is is one thing but don't go putting down beginners. I am no "inexperienced little kid" and I was in beginner for a while.

BTW, That beginner group was on fire on Saturday.

What a great weekend, huh?

BrianR6

wow dude... beaverun has tons of passing areas... if you had more of an open mind. you would not have had a problem. from the exit of turn 7 to the turn in at turn 1 is one huge passing zone.. im an amateur racer.. had to sign up as B at barber. Got bumped to I but it was a sold out weekend. had to ride in B all weekend. I made the most of it. A year later, doing mid A group times in I group at Tbolt .But accidentally passed a CR on the right side. Had to sit out and didnt get bumped. Im not bitter, i broke a rule. "If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker. ..."

alphamale

I know NESBA doesn't operate this way, but it'd be sweet to show up as a stealth A rider to a trackday in a different region and sign up for the B group and see how fast they get moved up. (of course following all the rules of the B group)

I know sometimes they throw in a stealth CR, but that's too obvious. :-D

rk97

alphamale;126280 wrote:
I notice all the time when the Mid-Atlantic CR's are out without an orange shirt, but I rode with the Mid-West guys for the first time last weekend and knew fewer than half of the control riders by bike & leathers.

after 4th session, I said to one of the directors "for the sake of my ego, I hope that guy is getting bumped to 'A,' because he came by me like I was standing still." the Director informed me that the rider who had taken paint off my bike as he came by was his assistant director.

Ego in-tact! :first:

slowpoke

alphamale;126280 wrote: I know NESBA doesn't operate this way, but it'd be sweet to show up as a stealth A rider to a trackday in a different region and sign up for the B group and see how fast they get moved up. (of course following all the rules of the B group)

They had a new member sign up at Summit this weekend who had a bunch of experience. Mike Moore talked w/ the guy and had him evaluated the 1st session in 'B' group and the guy was immediately bumped to 'A' group. I don't think we hear all the stories about how well the system works, but we always see the complaints.

alphamale

Usually the complainers have a lot more ego than skill. Sometimes since getting bumped to Advanced, I have thought about the fact that "real talent" is not knowing about how to go fast, but rather, it's knowing when you should go SLOW.

:-D

Although I'm pretty sure Jiggy will come along and make some comment about "is that your problem?" :cheers:

Bluenvy

alphamale;126285 wrote:
:-D
Although I'm pretty sure Jiggy will come along and make some comment about "is that your problem?" :cheers:
i dont think jiggy has room to make comments :p

:D

Dutch

Well having spent most of the day Saturday riding in both the B and I groups with the demo program I had the opportunity to observe both groups. Your skill level was properly asessed by the staff at the event that day and you were in the group in which you belonged. Whether you like it or not. You weren't riding well enough to go to I class. Regardless of what your ego is telling you. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors. The sad truth is that all the attention, feedback and instruction (oops I mean harassment) you got that day was time better spent with riders with minds a bit more open then yours. Best quote of the day; "I'm on a 200 horsepower Hyabusa, I NEED to be in I class!" :D

rk97;126281 wrote: I notice all the time when the Mid-Atlantic CR's are out without an orange shirt, but I rode with the Mid-West guys for the first time last weekend and knew fewer than half of the control riders by bike & leathers.

after 4th session, I said to one of the directors "for the sake of my ego, I hope that guy is getting bumped to 'A,' because he came by me like I was standing still." the Director informed me that the rider who had taken paint off my bike as he came by was his assistant director.

Ego in-tact! :first:

Sounds like you had an encounter with "Alantino"... :D :D

jeff15

Control Rider
Being alittle rough!

Come on guys! being alittle rough on the guy. Without him I wouldn`t of known that if you cut the ball of the end of your levers.You get a 2 to 3 mph aerodynamical advantage, or spraying brake clean on your tires is the only way you can scrub in new tires in the rain. This is important info that i need. Lol

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
jeff15;126851 wrote: Come on guys! being alittle rough on the guy. Without him I wouldn`t of known that if you cut the ball of the end of your levers.You get a 2 to 3 mph aerodynamical advantage, or spraying brake clean on your tires is the only way you can scrub in new tires in the rain. This is important info that i need. Lol
:wow:

Dutch

Oh SNAP! I forgot about the brake cleaner comment! After Buck warned the guys in the riders meeting about making sure to properly scrub in tires to get off the mold release, our buddy her admonished him in the paddock for giving wrong advice. That the only way to properly clean off mold release was with brake cleaner. Yes folks, this is what the staff had to deal with all day long.