BHF July 4/5 Role Call

ERB68

justintime_3;63304 wrote: I will be there on Sunday! Can't wait, it will be my first time there. Signed up as I class but am a little worried I won't be fast enough!
If your really off pace they will move you.

Matt

justintime_3;63304 wrote: I will be there on Sunday! Can't wait, it will be my first time there. Signed up as I class but am a little worried I won't be fast enough!

Talk to a CR before the 1st or 2nd session, let know your thoughts and they'll work with you.

justintime_3

Matt;65153 wrote: Talk to a CR before the 1st or 2nd session, let know your thoughts and they'll work with you.
Yeah I just chickened out and changed my group to beginner, I will be on a new bike and all!

beac83

Welcome. Just come and enjoy yourself. It"ll be fine, and the CR's will work with you. You will get faster and more confident.
Stop by and say hi in the paddock.

justintime_3

Oh I def will you will be sick of me by the end! I like to get all the info I can get from you guys! Thanks though I will see you there!

Trent1098S

BHF is very much a point & shoot track. Give yourself time to learn it so you don't do something bad to your bike. Yes, I'm speaking from personal experience at my first time at another track I didn't know..

I personally love BHF. It'll give you a good workout. After you do a session or two talk to a CR about lines, there's some places that are tricky. Coming out of the carousel to the bus stop cleanly, chaining
together 4&5, getting through 6d, and the last little chute before turn 7. Can get a bit hairy if you blast in to those on the wrong line and I've seen guys run off on multiple occasions at each of those areas.

But.. I'm still a newb too so don't come to me.. go to a CR. :)

Sklossmonster

As always, Turn One Racing will be there in full force offering the highest level of trackside support.

Complete suspension services, set up and tuning, track and race tires, high performance parts and accessories, not to mention our infinite patience and understanding

As an added benefit, and for a limited time only, I will be letting people push me around the track as I make yet another triumphant return, riding Benji's bike one basically one handed.

Yes I cut my cast off last weekend. Yes I pulled the pins out of my bones myself with pliers. And yes it was a bloody mess I don't recommend to anyone, unless you're as crazy as I am. And no, you shouldn't tell my orthopedic surgeon where I'll really be on July 4th weekend.

Truthfully, I probably won't let myself be goaded into any "A" sessions, but I plan on doing some Control Riding to get back in the swing of things, assuming my hand is able to do it.

So anyone who wants to work a little in the afternoon "B" sessions, I'll be out there for you. And if it goes well, I may bust out in a few "I" sessions on Sunday.

Here's to a great weekend!

headstart

Sklossmonster;65182 wrote:

Yes I cut my cast off last weekend. Yes I pulled the pins out of my bones myself with pliers. And yes it was a bloody mess I don't recommend to anyone, unless you're as crazy as I am. And no, you shouldn't tell my orthopedic surgeon where I'll really be on July 4th weekend.
Why am I not even the least bit surprised by this.....

Sklossmonster

What's really surprising is that I've waited so long to actually get back on a bike. In years past I would've been riding a lot sooner.

I guess I'm finally maturing. Your little boy is growing up, Jamie. That or I'm losing what's left of my mind. Either way I'm back on a bike in less than two weeks!

headstart

Good to hear, last time I saw you you went down, this time you will be back riding.

BTW- you probably could've made money with what you just did. Next time auction off the rights to pull out those pins- I would have bid and driven to Chicago for that chance-LOL

beac83

Marshall - you're crazy. Don't ever change.

Hope things are healing up for you and that you will have a good time at BHF. Slow down by 40-50% and I'll try to keep up! :)

Alex - check the BHF website for Pit bike rules. I don't think they are as draconian as at RA.

Morrand

Sklossmonster;65182 wrote:
Geezus. I think he's going to figure it out, Marshall. Unless he's going to believe that the pins all fell out on their own.

Hey, you don't suppose that you could put a claim in to Blue Cross for removing your own cast, could you?

Trent1098S

Sklossmonster;65182 wrote: Yes I cut my cast off last weekend. Yes I pulled the pins out of my bones myself with pliers. And yes it was a bloody mess I don't recommend to anyone, unless you're as crazy as I am. And no, you shouldn't tell my orthopedic surgeon where I'll really be on July 4th weekend.
Dude.. that's either total insanity or ultimate dedication. Maybe a healthy mix of both!

If you're CR'ing in B tow me a bit.. I'm slow so you don't have to push yourself at all. Just don't start dropping any body parts in front of me, I'm not too good at dodging!

danch

Morrand;65334 wrote: Geezus. I think he's going to figure it out, Marshall. Unless he's going to believe that the pins all fell out on their own.
I'm thinking there might be a story about these guys that broke in one night, held him down, and cut the cast off.

Same guys might just kidnap me the night of the 10th...

GK#103

" goaded into "..lol.. Glad to hear your on the mend.Looking forward to a great NESBA event! In for the weekend.