Calling all NESBA Members!!!

Nesba

“Calling all NESBA Members!!!

We need your help. If you and anyone else would like to prevent the following events from being cancelled, we require additional confirmed registrations. If we do not reach the minimum required registrations by noon Sunday we will be forced to cancel.

Monday September 23rd Summit Main- we need 40 more riders
Tuesday and Wednesday SED days at NJMP - we need 50 more riders each day

If we do not reach the minimum by Sunday at 12PM we will cancel all events.

Between now and Sunday, we will post updates at 50%, 75% and 100% of targets above.

We know you want to ride, so please help us fill these events.”

backtrail125

Nesba;288753 wrote: “Calling all NESBA Members!!!

We need your help. If you and anyone else would like to prevent the following events from being cancelled, we require additional confirmed registrations. If we do not reach the minimum required registrations by noon Sunday we will be forced to cancel.

Monday September 23rd Summit Main- we need 40 more riders
Tuesday and Wednesday SED days at NJMP - we need 50 more riders each day

If we do not reach the minimum by Sunday at 12PM we will cancel all events.

Between now and Sunday, we will post updates at 50%, 75% and 100% of targets above.

We know you want to ride, so please help us fill these events.”
I'm sure if you discounted the the price some you would fill the date up quick.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
backtrail125;288768 wrote: I'm sure if you discounted the the price some you would fill the date up quick.
If you lower the price you need more people....

tomseviltwin

Control Rider
First off, I don't speak for Bob, but I do imagine this decision is based more off bringing in enough money to pay for the track rental fee, the event medical staff fees, etc., rather than just having bodies to fill space on the track. In other words, if the price is discounted further, you would need even more people to sign up to meet your bottom line. If NESBA looses less money by paying a cancellation fee, than by having to cover the all of the fees necessary to run the day that aren't covered by the membership paying to ride at the day, than the decision to cancel the day may be necessary so that NESBA can continue to be around down the road.

That said, the prices to run this day are phenomenal as is. $155 for normal member? $99 for elite? $99 for a track day at SUMMIT POINT MAIN....are you kidding me? There's at least one other well-known org charging $199 for a Summit monday and you definitely aren't going to get the same experience you get at a NESBA day.

So you didn't like the dealer days earlier this year? This day is 100% NESBA. Want days at Summit to be 100% NESBA in the future? Come out and support the 100% NESBA days that we have now. Again, I don't speak for Bob or NESBA. This is all just my own thoughts on the matter. But I imagine there's a lot of factors that go into these decision. If you want this club to continue to put on the days you like, come out and support that club.

Come on folks....sign up and LET'S RIDE!!!

willhf1011

If Main gets cancelled on Monday, any chance of NCBike late fee getting waived for those of us who still want to ride this weekend since were looking at such short notice here?

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
tomseviltwin;288774 wrote: Come out and support the 100% NESBA days that we have now. Again, I don't speak for Bob or NESBA. This is all just my own thoughts on the matter. But I imagine there's a lot of factors that go into these decision. If you want this club to continue to put on the days you like, come out and support that club.
Come on folks....sign up and LET'S RIDE!!!
I know there's a fair amount of active military on here, myself included. It's almost a lose-lose situation. Could I make a specific date? With enough advance notice, yes. But I can't exactly "call off" work for being sick. Many others have jobs that are not easy to get away from.

Now, for my side of the argument - why should I waste leave days and replan everything at work for a track date that has a possibility to get cancelled?

I love riding with NESBA and make as many [weekend] events as I can. I try to get out every time I can, so I'm definitely not making excuses not to go. In fact, I had two new-to-NESBA guys sign up and their first TD was supposed to be Jefferson. I twist every street riders ear I know to come try out the track.

I'm not trying to whine like a little kid, but really, I don't know of anyone that would choose to ride Jefferson over Main. If they could run Main instead, I would almost be willing to bet it'd be a helluva lot easier to fill the slots. Especially on a Sunday, instead of a weekday.

And you are 100% correct - NESBA does have some great prices for track days - which would make it easy to fill slots if they'd run Main on Sunday!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
willhf1011;288777 wrote: If Main gets cancelled on Monday, any chance of NCBike late fee getting waived for those of us who still want to ride this weekend since were looking at such short notice here?
FANTASTIC QUESTION! Awaiting response from NESBA on this. I don't care for me, as being an Elite member I'm fine. BUT, I am bringing two newbies to the track with me.

So, how about it?

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
willhf1011;288777 wrote: If Main gets cancelled on Monday, any chance of NCBike late fee getting waived for those of us who still want to ride this weekend since were looking at such short notice here?
Come up to NYST!!!! I'll take good care of you!! =)

fitz

Thank you for giving us the chance to fill those slots instead of canceling.

Unfortunately, me and everyone I know is already signed up, so I can't add to it :(

So come on guys, anyone that signs up can have their choice of FREE beer from my friends coolers ;)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
This is probably impossible to determine, but I wonder if one of the SEDs could still happen...if people signed up for Tues could make Wed instead, or vice-versa. I can't think of a way to poll the folks who are signed up, however.

willhf1011

ToddG;288786 wrote: Come up to NYST!!!! I'll take good care of you!! =)
I'd love to! But an 8 hour drive might kill the savings of a waived late fee..Maybe next summer when I'm back in MD again.

kawboy

I only speak for myself here, but I would rather pay another $10 or $25 or even $50 than have the Monday track day cancelled. I've already scheduled the day off work, so cancellation means I have wasted a vacation day. And I want to know before Sunday afternoon whether to put the track plastic on and load the trailer. I haven't been able to do any track time since May. Now, what probably would have been my final day for the season is in danger of cancellation.

So - for the people already signed up, how much per person would it take to make up the difference? Is that even an option?

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Just talked to the two guys I'm [trying] to bring to the track. They would be willing to ride NCBike Sunday in lieu of Jefferson if NESBA would waive the late fee. I'm not trying to twist anyone's arm, but it only seems relatively fair to people who registered in advance (Or have already paid the late fee to ride Jefferson)

fitz

kawboy;288792 wrote: Is that even an option?
I doubt that's an option, but I'd throw in some extra cash for a lite attendance day with great NESBA people, heck if you joined the A and I into one group for more riding time I'd pay twice as much. (Summit day)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
kawboy;288792 wrote: I only speak for myself here, but I would rather pay another $10 or $25 or even $50 than have the Monday track day cancelled. I've already scheduled the day off work, so cancellation means I have wasted a vacation day. And I want to know before Sunday afternoon whether to put the track plastic on and load the trailer. I haven't been able to do any track time since May. Now, what probably would have been my final day for the season is in danger of cancellation.

So - for the people already signed up, how much per person would it take to make up the difference? Is that even an option?
I know you're talking about Summit, but I feel the same way about the SEDs.

sooperman12

tomseviltwin;288774 wrote:
That said, the prices to run this day are phenomenal as is. $155 for normal member? $99 for elite? $99 for a track day at SUMMIT POINT MAIN....are you kidding me?
Well, I'm not Elite. Also, if I register today, it wouldn't be $155. It would be $185. Is NESBA willing to waive the late fee? And if they cancel, will I get a refund? Never had to register for an event that was on the brink of being cancelled. Like a recently cancelled NESBA event, this seems to be scant on details. Tom, your post is more detailed than the one from NESBA.

Jwlman

I am another interested in doing NC instead if the late fees can be waved for those who had already signed up for Summit point