Calling all NESBA Members!!!

motorkas

Judy, couldn't agree with your original post more!!!!!!!! Lots of factors at play, they did their part by making it easier to take advantage of days during the whole season, we have to do our part (if it's feasible) to take advantage of the opportunities.

That being said, I know work obligations limits my brother to only Wednesday. I called him this morning (before I saw the email about the possibility of canceling) to tell him I was thinking about doing both days (first day to get use to the new clip ons, second day to kick his ass:) and after I got the email, it was settled. . .I'm officially signed up for both days now - only 49 to go for Tuesday - couldn't help with Wednesday as I signed up as soon as they opened it up. . .

I hope this goes off, as much as I'm excited to get back on the track - I'm even more excited about the learning opportunity a day like this can have!!!!!!!!!!!

SevenT6Vet

I signed up today for Main on Monday today, i hope that helps us get closer to the goal!

Also, I posted a question in another thread, and emailed NESBA, but maybe i can get a quicker response here: will there be tire service at Summit Main on Monday 9/22? I may also try and squeeze in NC Bike on Sunday, but my tires can't do two track days back to back, and the last time I went to NCBike tire/parts service didn't show (scheduled to be out of town).

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
willhf1011;288777 wrote: If Main gets cancelled on Monday, any chance of NCBike late fee getting waived for those of us who still want to ride this weekend since were looking at such short notice here?
Got two friends anticipating to sign up for NCBIKE for Sunday instead of Jefferson. Just wanting to get an answer on this...

MrK

Weather looks GREAT for monday !! Sign up. Its main track, who needs work, its main track.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
backtrail125;288884 wrote: I think dropping the late fee for those of us who don't have elite memberships is a great idea.

It seems more than reasonable because the rider had already planned for his original track day in advance, or, he had already paid the late fee. Zero reason why they should be forced to pay a [second] late fee because their original track day was cancelled for reasons out of their control.

I'm just a nobody in the NESBA chain, but here's the proposal I'd give the riders if I had control of the situation:

Those who were already registered to ride Jefferson (And Main, if
they don't get the needed riders), do not have to pay a late fee to run any NESBA trackdates for the rest of the month in September.

This accomplishes several things -

-It's an incentive to get more riders to the NJMP SED days
-It shows NESBA is trying everything they can to get more riders to the tracks
-Giving those pre registered riders the choice of trackdays to the end of September is just under 15 days, which is the normal late fee cut off time anyways.
-Waiving the late fee for the TD's to the end of September [Again, for those who were already registered] is good on the principle alone. Making them pay a second late fee kind of comes off as being greedy, and if I didn't have an elite membership, I would probably not sign up at all. How many riders would you be willing to lose by trying to make a few extra bucks on a doubled late fee?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
:agree: I'd even go as far as to just waive late fees for everyone who would sign up now for Main or the two SEDs. Just to get the needed number of riders.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
HondaGalToo;288899 wrote: :agree: I'd even go as far as to just waive late fees for everyone who would sign up now for Main or the two SEDs. Just to get the needed number of riders.
I was going to say that, but didn't want to come off sounding like I have the "Gimme gimme gimme" mentality. :haha:

backtrail125

HondaGalToo;288899 wrote: :agree: I'd even go as far as to just waive late fees for everyone who would sign up now for Main or the two SEDs. Just to get the needed number of riders.
That's precisely what I was getting at.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Otto Man;288902 wrote: I was going to say that, but didn't want to come off sounding like I have the "Gimme gimme gimme" mentality. :haha:
:haha: Well, I certainly don't have that mentality, but if they want butts at the track...that would help, even if only a little on short notice.

denbsteph

fitz;288794 wrote: I doubt that's an option, but I'd throw in some extra cash for a lite attendance day with great NESBA people, heck if you joined the A and I into one group for more riding time I'd pay twice as much. (Summit day)
That is a sweet Idea, no matter what track we ride, maybe. Another org does that and calls it a Super Sport Group. I have ridden in the SS group and IMO, that is where I was able to elevate my ride and not to mention, I HAD A BLAST. I was in "I" group at the time. Riding under "A" rules was fun. I did not take advantage of the "A" rules, but those who did were clean and with out issue. :D

Something to consider NESBA big wigs. :)

USMC_10

Reposted from another thread for max visibility:

Bob Blandford - NESBA club members are loyal and want to keep NESBA going. As the season winds down let's put our heads together to develop ways to overcome these problems for next season. No one likes to see posts from you notifying us of impending TD cancellations (let alone FOUR TDs in a row). There are many smart people in this club, some with very thoughtful ideas...let's gather these ideas and put together a plan so we don't face this problem next season. I'm convinced NESBA has the greatest reputation of all TD providers in the region. Let's use this to our advantage to generate a more sustainable TD program!

willhf1011

I definitely think the Main late fee should be dropped for anyone interested in signing up to hit the numbers. If it gets a few extra people to sign up and we make it, then awesome, if we still don't get enough, then its really no skin off anyone's back, they get refunded as usual. Unless that need for 40 people assumes that a large number of those 40 are going to be paying a late fee.

NESBA, any word on whether we are going to pay a late fee for NCBike if you cancel both summit days?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
denbsteph;288909 wrote: That is a sweet Idea, no matter what track we ride, maybe. Another org does that and calls it a Super Sport Group. I have ridden in the SS group and IMO, that is where I was able to elevate my ride and not to mention, I HAD A BLAST. I was in "I" group at the time. Riding under "A" rules was fun. I did not take advantage of the "A" rules, but those who did were clean and with out issue. :D

Something to consider NESBA big wigs. :)
Me too. I'd always be willing to pay more for a date with a lower number of riders allowed. I find those days to be much safer and a lot more fun. The sold out "regular" days with 55 people on track, not so much. I don't do many weekend dates anymore because they're more crowded.