Calling all NESBA Members!!!

Nesba

“Calling all NESBA Members!!!

We need your help. If you and anyone else would like to prevent the following events from being cancelled, we require additional confirmed registrations. If we do not reach the minimum required registrations by noon Sunday we will be forced to cancel.

Monday September 23rd Summit Main- we need 40 more riders
Tuesday and Wednesday SED days at NJMP - we need 50 more riders each day

If we do not reach the minimum by Sunday at 12PM we will cancel all events.

Between now and Sunday, we will post updates at 50%, 75% and 100% of targets above.

We know you want to ride, so please help us fill these events.”

denbsteph

Mr. Blandford,

Thats what I'm talking about...........communication is a beautiful thing.

Looking forward to riding NCBIKE!!!

Dennis

denbsteph

All riders of the SE Region need to wake up and smell the coffee. I know we have all heard the term "Shit rolls down hill?" If it can happen in the backyard of our Brothers and Sisters of the Mid Atlantic Region, don't think for one second this could not happen in our backyard. We need to try and SUPPORT all the track days we can get our bikes to. Wether you HEARD NCBIKE is too dangerous or CMP has SAND on the track, etc, etc, etc, get out and ride if you can/dare.

NESBA, in my opinion is the BEST run track day organization there is. I have ridden with a couple of others, but the STRUCTURE and CONSISTENCY is what draws me to NESBA. Hopefully nothing changes in the south, except some cooler, sunny DRYER weather the reminder of this year and next year.

I feel that NESBA has gone way out of the way to attract MORE riders with price cuts in the TD's, memberships and programs that make you sit back and go "WTF? I'm in for that membership and the long haul"...............I speak my opinion quite heavily on the forum from time to time and I ain't kissing no ass either, but it is time to wake up and smell the coffee so we can continue to have NESBA arrange for ALL OF US to ride some of the best race tracks in the country......................

JRA

We don't want anything to change either. That's why we need riders to come out and support these events.

R1Baby

Control Rider
This could be one disadvantage of the Elite membership, folks weather watching and waiting last minute to sign up.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
R1Baby;288823 wrote: This could be one disadvantage of the Elite membership, folks weather watching and waiting last minute to sign up.
As much as I enjoy the convenience of the Elite membership, I wonder the same thing. That combined with insanely low prices. I mean, I like them, but did they draw in enough new members? And are those prices too low to sustain the club?

Not sure why the low turnout. Are other clubs having the same issue?

I'd like to see NESBA stick around.

FZ1guy

Ok, I'm the new guy here. I do occasional track days, haven't had the pleasure with NESBA, but hope to. I stop by this forum about every day.
NESBA appears to have a good group of riders and a lot of experience to learn from.
If I may make a suggestion, update the -calendar- from 2011.
Be safe.

Meat

R1Baby;288823 wrote: This could be one disadvantage of the Elite membership, folks weather watching and waiting last minute to sign up.
I'm guessing that is the issue as well. I'm also guessing that Nesba will be making charges to the Elite membership because of it, which is a bummer but I understand.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Meat;288867 wrote: I'm guessing that is the issue as well. I'm also guessing that Nesba will be making charges to the Elite membership because of it, which is a bummer but I understand.
Lowering prices may initially bring in some new members, but if you don't offer a consistent product, you won't retain those new members. By consistent, that includes an accurate schedule on the website, opening registration earlier for some events so people can plan. Having the same thing taught at the B group meetings across the different venues. Just to name a few....

crash675

Im trying to get a buddy of mine to make the drive with me to summit. That would be 2 people. Should know by this afternoon.

denbsteph

Yep, I'm sure we all know someone who does this. I'm not saying it's bad or good, but it does not help the OVERALL cause of being able to finance the TD BEFORE the TD itself. If you do sign up and and for whatever reason, weather or some other issue, you can cancel before 9:00 am and retain your credit which helps NESBA in the long run. It's kinda like a loan? I guess?. I'm not a finance major, but in order for NESBA to take care of business it's gotta have enough funds to sustain several track days at the same time, which comes from US the RIDERS not board members. Just my .02 cents worth. :dunno:

Can we get a Government Bailout???????????? We only need a couple of Million.....................PLEASE!!!!LOL It's a joke folks.

denbsteph

HondaGalToo;288872 wrote: Lowering prices may initially bring in some new members, but if you don't offer a consistent product, you won't retain those new members. By consistent, that includes an accurate schedule on the website, opening registration earlier for some events so people can plan. Having the same thing taught at the B group meetings across the different venues. Just to name a few....
We are human, we can only be so consistent, but the SE region is pretty consistent for me. I'm not saying the SE is the best or the Mid Atlantic is the best, I know what I have experienced. I have not had the oppurtunity to ride with some of the other regions, but I'm pretty sure they are consistent with in themselves. Other wise they would not exist..........:)

Expendable income plays a BIG part in this whole scenerio.................

CBRtist

HondaGalToo;288872 wrote: Lowering prices may initially bring in some new members, but if you don't offer a consistent product, you won't retain those new members. By consistent, that includes an accurate schedule on the website, opening registration earlier for some events so people can plan. Having the same thing taught at the B group meetings across the different venues. Just to name a few....
:agree:
It's the difference between filet mignon and a hamburger. People WILL pay money for a GOOD product. NESBA in the past has always been the preferred Club because it had better standards. If those start to diminish in areas, then the quality of good members and CRs will start to diminish, to be easily replaced by members and CRs who could care less. Couple that with becoming Crazy Eddie and slashing prices (which really just cheapens your product) could be a recipe for disaster. You MUST maintain the integrity of your product to attract and retain the people that will grow your business.

It was interesting to me to see some loyal, good members posting how much they WOULD pay to keep these dates open. THOSE are the people you want to be the majority of your organization, the ones that recognize the quality, not the nickel and dimers who argue every fee, want to know what kind of deal they can get for their friend, or go with whatever org has the cheapest deal.

On a side note, refunding instead of crediting could probably go a long way in terms of the elite membership. This is not a poor man's sport and I'm sure a lot of people juggle bills and credit cards to do a track day. Getting credited due to cancellation is keeping money that could be put towards something else.. Besides, some don't know when (or if) there will be another TD. Maybe an option for refund or credit should be offered?

CBRtist

denbsteph;288907 wrote: I have not had the oppurtunity to ride with some of the other regions, but I'm pretty sure they are consistent with in themselves. Other wise they would not exist..........:)
I'm sure the regions that no longer exist, were probably saying the same thing before they *poofed*. Just sayin ;)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
What Wendy wrote above I agree with 100000%. When I was looking for a new club to ride with in 2007, nesba at the time wasn't my least expensive option. At the time, another org was offering steeply discounted membership and event rates for women. After riding with this org (as they had bought out the org I was riding with), you couldn't pay me to ride with them. Disorganized and unsafe.

Contrast that to nesba circa 2007 when I attended a nesba event to check it out. Tech/reg ran like clockwork, promptly closing at 8. (Totally loved that, as the other org would let it run over to accomodate people who couldn't show up on time, then the rider's meeting was late, then we were on track late...it snowballed from there.). Control Riders who were friendly and knew their stuff coming up to help me out (the other org...they didn't really help anyone).
The bump system -I found I was riding with more predictable and safe, skilled riders, a much more enjoyable experience (the other org you could self-select....some people in the I and A groups had no idea what a race line was).

THESE are the types of things that got me to join nesba and kept me coming back....not the price. It was the quality and safety of the event, and a better group of riders.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
FZ1guy;289009 wrote: So where do I find a schedule for NESBA? I've searched this whole site.
nesba.com, then hover over "Tracks and Events". Little drop down tab will pop up and click on the track dates.