Celebrating the Life of Mike Moore, NESBA Mid-Atlantic Director (1966 - 2011)

Hambone

Damn!

Rest in peace brother. It was a real pleasure to have known you.

A real class act. A real kind person and smooth as silk. I'm gonna miss him.

chiconwheels

Mike will be missed so much. His southern smile was always so contagious. There was nothing like sitting around the campfire at Beave drinking wine and hanging out. He always helped and loved to laugh. Mike touched so many lives in many ways especially with his wife Julie. My thoughts and prayers go to you and your family at this time. Nesba truly is a second family, so just call on us for anything. Mike Godspeed to you.

visualmg

Set your alarms, reminders...whatever it takes....

Such a sad day for Mike's family and the extended NESBA family. I didn't know him well, but what I do remember is his smile, his bald head, and seeing him riding the scooter around the Paddock. It makes me smile when I think about the last time I saw him. It was a Summit Main. Lori D., Rachel (Anson's mom) and I were going around the paddock giving out West Virginia hotdogs. He reluctantly took one and offered up a big smile and a thank you!

I would like everyone to set an alarm for 3:59pm (Mike's bike #) today. We can't change what has happened but we can certainly stand together in prayer for his family. We can pray for a peace that passes all understanding in such a difficult time. I know what a difference prayer can make. I also know, as the wife of a "Track-Dayer" what it would mean to me to have such support.

Blessings,
Melissa Burkholder

Twiztedjester55

visualmg;222361 wrote: Such a sad day for Mike's family and the extended NESBA family. I didn't know him well, but what I do remember is his smile, his bald head, and seeing him riding the scooter around the Paddock. It makes me smile when I think about the last time I saw him. It was a Summit Main. Lori D., Rachel (Anson's mom) and I were going around the paddock giving out West Virginia hotdogs. He reluctantly took one and offered up a big smile and a thank you!

I would like everyone to set an alarm for 3:59pm (Mike's bike #) today. We can't change what has happened but we can certainly stand together in prayer for his family. We can pray for a peace that passes all understanding in such a difficult time. I know what a difference prayer can make. I also know, as the wife of a "Track-Dayer" what it would mean to me to have such support.

Blessings,
Melissa Burkholder
His number is 353

Burnall4

I have posted my condolences but I really think that I should share this:

This is a passage that was taken from a motorcycle forum that I frequent, one of the well known members sadly lost his life in a accident a few years ago on the street, but I saved this because of how powerful it is, I just think it is fitting:

FALLEN RIDERS LAST REQUEST

Please don't say that I gave up, just say that I gave in. Don't say I lost the battle, for it was God's war to lose or win. Please don't say how good I was, but that I did my best Just say I tried to do what's right, to give the most I could, not do less. Please don't give me wings or halos, that’s for god to do. I want no more than I deserve, no extra's, just my due. Please don't give flowers, or talk in harsh tones. Don't be concerned about what could have been, it's over and it's done. Just see to all my family needs, the battle has been won. When you draw a picture of me, don't draw me a saint, I've done some good, I've done some wrong, so use all paint. Not just the bright and the light tones, use some gray and dark. In fact, don't put me down on canvas; paint me in your heart. Don't just remember all the good times, but remember some of the bad: For life is full of many things, some happy and some sad. If you must something, then I have one LAST REQUEST, Forgive me for the wrong I've done and with the love that is left. Thank God my soul's resting. Thank God for I've been blessed. Praise God who loves me best. So long, I'll see you in the morning.

mattf

I'm so sorry for his family at his passing, such a tragedy.

But like so many others, I consider myself fortunate to have known him, even briefly. I remember how he came to see me after I crashed in the chicane at T-bolt, and how the following season how he talked my thru my jitters when I made it back on track.

He was a helluva guy. A great loss for all.

God speed