Celebrating the Life of Mike Moore, NESBA Mid-Atlantic Director (1966 - 2011)

RADAR Magnet

Like some of the other newer members to the NESBA family, I didn't know Mike very well; just spoke with him a couple of times. I always appreciated his emphasis on safety at the riders meeting..."Look to your left and right, these are the guys who are going to determine your fate today...Ride with respect...If you have to think about the pass, don't attempt it...This isn't golf."

I particularly recall watching him pack up another rider's bike and gear at NJMP in early October. I thought it was kind of him and was especially struck by the care with which he handled everything; a real nice guy. Now, just under a month later, it's his gear that somebody had to pack up.

Echoing what so many others have said, we lost a truly great guy. Despite not knowing him very well I will always remember him at track days to come.

Condolences to his family and friends. Godspeed Mike.

RCKT GRL

Burnall4;222366 wrote: I have posted my condolences but I really think that I should share this:

This is a passage that was taken from a motorcycle forum that I frequent, one of the well known members sadly lost his life in a accident a few years ago on the street, but I saved this because of how powerful it is, I just think it is fitting:

FALLEN RIDERS LAST REQUEST

Please don't say that I gave up, just say that I gave in. Don't say I lost the battle, for it was God's war to lose or win. Please don't say how good I was, but that I did my best Just say I tried to do what's right, to give the most I could, not do less. Please don't give me wings or halos, that’s for god to do. I want no more than I deserve, no extra's, just my due. Please don't give flowers, or talk in harsh tones. Don't be concerned about what could have been, it's over and it's done. Just see to all my family needs, the battle has been won. When you draw a picture of me, don't draw me a saint, I've done some good, I've done some wrong, so use all paint. Not just the bright and the light tones, use some gray and dark. In fact, don't put me down on canvas; paint me in your heart. Don't just remember all the good times, but remember some of the bad: For life is full of many things, some happy and some sad. If you must something, then I have one LAST REQUEST, Forgive me for the wrong I've done and with the love that is left. Thank God my soul's resting. Thank God for I've been blessed. Praise God who loves me best. So long, I'll see you in the morning.

That's beautiful. I'm just a new member to the NESBA family and this forum, but from the outpouring of comments here, it's obvious Mike was well respected and liked. I hope that his family can find peace and comfort in the coming days and weeks.

The following is a favorite of mine and it helped me at the time of my grandmothers passing:

I am standing by the seashore.

A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean.

She is an object of beauty and strength, and I stand and watch until at last she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sun and sky come down to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says, 'There she goes!

Gone where? Gone from my sight - that is all.

She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and just as able to bear her load of living freight to the places of destination.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her.

And just at the moment when someone at my side says, 'There she goes!, there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout 'Here she comes!'

RIP Mr Moore

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
What a great mentor, this is very hard to digest....Prayers go out to the family and friends

barry38

Words cannot describe the sadness I feel right now. Mike was a great human being and I for one think the world is a little darker place with Mike's passing. My condolences and prayers are with him and his family at this very sad time.

RIP Mike.

smorourke

Just terrible news - I always appreciated when Mike was running the day for NESBA. He was always concerned about the most important things: safety and fun. A terrible loss. Thoughts to his family and all those in the NESBA community who knew him so well.

rugbydawg13

Never knew the guy but it hits you just the same when we lose one of our own. I have no doubt that I would have liked the man and it's sad to read about his early passing. RIP fellow rider.

nodakgus

I am stunned speechless even though I have never had the honor of meeting Mike. The words expressed in this forum thread speak volumes of the great man he was. My heartfelt condolences to his wife, family and friends. A tragic loss.

Steve

erick1670

I have beeing checking to see any updates with good news, and I find this am gutted.

condolences to his friends and family.

God speed Mike

Oldmxer281

Control Rider
RIP Mike. I'm so glad that I got to know you, ride with you and learn from you. A class act all the way.

kcchu07720

Condolences

I didn't really know Mike, I had only been to 2 NESBA track days. I have a huge amount of respect for his professionalism and desire to keep everyone safe. I do remember during the meeting on Sunday how happy he was to get a cup of coffee from his wife. He had a huge smile on his face. The last time I saw him was when he was gearing up and I saw the cool paint job on his bike. I wish the family well as they recover from the huge loss.

boxertwin

Such a fine man who encouraged us all to better ourselves, then led the way to help us get there. The lessons he taught us on the track were never left just there.....

Respect and look out for the person next to you
Seek excellence and perfection at every turn
Be consistent, always
Stand ready to help anyone....anytime....without exception
Some times you have to slow down and get back to the basics in order to move ahead
Most of all:
Always push yourself to be the best you can, but have a ton of fun doing it!

I'll carry these lessons as well as my memories of Mike forward....it was my honor to have known him.

My condolences go out to Julie, Mikes family, and friends. Please know you are all in our hearts as you try to cope with this sad and tragic loss.

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
As I sit here typing through some tears, I will ALWAYS remember the great times we had! From Beaver Run, sitting at the campfire drinking some good scotch, to sitting with Mike and Jules having a nice bottle of wine and shooting the breeze with Dave Yarnell and his wife at NJMP.
I know that Mike had a zest for life, and lived it to its fullest with his wife Jules. He was always ready to help, if anyone needed it.
I have a hole in my heart, and it hurts that I will not see you again because you were one of the people that made other people feel good, you always a kind word. Always a Gentleman.
Jules, if you read this, I am truly sorry. I know how much you loved Mike, and how much he loved you, and it always showed when the two of you were together.

I will miss my friend. We will all miss Mike:(

Godspeed Mike!

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I wish there was something that could be said to ease the pain that his family is going through right now. My heart hurts from hearing this news. This is truly a sad day......