CMP Cancelled This Weekend (8/31 - 9/1) ???

1kawasakifan

Anybody have any clue what's going on here? I called CMP today this morning to ask them about their overnight camping setup, I talked to Sylvia. In the process of getting the requested info, she informed me that they (CMP) have not heard anything from NESBA and have been trying to get a hold of them to see if this weekend was still a go or not. Needless to say I had no clue about this and told her that I already received my event notification email from nesba to print out and sign for this upcoming weekend and had not been informed by them that the event was cancelled. Sylvia said that she would find out what's going on and informed me that she would call me back asap.

Well she just called me late this evening and told me that her co-worker (Pam) had got a hold of NESBA and they informed her that they were cancelling the event. WOW....well that's really nice of NESBA to let me know, thank you not. Listen I fully understand if the turnout was not going to be that great and then financially it was not gonna make sense for them to put on the event. Nobody like to lose money, I get all of that (if that is the case for cancelling), this would not be the reason why I'm upset. What I'm instead pissed off about is the fact that we (or at least "I") was never informed by NESBA that this event was cancelled. What would of happened if I would of never called today to ask about the camping setup? I know, I would planned my weekend around this event, drove 3hrs to get there just to be then told that it was cancelled. This is very unprofessional if you ask me. It surprises me especially since I have been riding with NESBA for a number of years now and have never had any issues like this.

My account now shows "no upcoming events", I see no available credits listed in my account either, and my bank account also does not show any credit for the money paid in advance.

I called NESBA and left a message on their recording machine.

***NESBA please advise what is going on here and what is going to be done to remedy this***

Grab a paddle brother, there's a lot of us in the same boat. Bob O is gone and it appears there is a big hole in the Member Relations department.....:popcorn::dunno:

HJ

Meat

I agree. It seems obvious that the event is cancelled and most of us do understand the reason why it might be cancelled. What has gone terribly wrong is the lack of communication. We should have been notified a few days ago and a brief explanation as to why it was being cancelled would have really gone a long way.

Many have joined or stayed with Nesba because of its family vibe. I would do Nesba track days when I either couldn't afford it or didn't have the sleep to spare, but I went anyway because I would see all my friends in the pits, including the CR's directors, etc.

When I lived in Texas, I did track days with whatever org fit my schedule because none of the orgs felt like family and therefore a track day was a track day. Without the family feel, along with the bump system, Nesba would just put on track days like many other organizations. I do hope things turn around for Nesba and we can have that awesome camaraderie in the paddock with fellow members and the staff. I know most of the staff so I always feel very welcome and at home, but others have mentioned to me that things have changed.

I hope Nesba hears this and responds positively. I've never really enjoyed riding with a track org until I rode with Nesba.

gursesl

Customer service is critical, so something must be done ASAP. You cannot run firts-rate events, but fail in communications. NESBA can do better!

Meat

I received an email this morning at 9:46, from Bob B, letting me know the event was cancelled.

Nesba

1kawasakifan;286345 wrote: Anybody have any clue what's going on here? I called CMP today this morning to ask them about their overnight camping setup, I talked to Sylvia. In the process of getting the requested info, she informed me that they (CMP) have not heard anything from NESBA and have been trying to get a hold of them to see if this weekend was still a go or not. Needless to say I had no clue about this and told her that I already received my event notification email from nesba to print out and sign for this upcoming weekend and had not been informed by them that the event was cancelled. Sylvia said that she would find out what's going on and informed me that she would call me back asap.

Well she just called me late this evening and told me that her co-worker (Pam) had got a hold of NESBA and they informed her that they were cancelling the event. WOW....well that's really nice of NESBA to let me know, thank you not. Listen I fully understand if the turnout was not going to be that great and then financially it was not gonna make sense for them to put on the event. Nobody like to lose money, I get all of that (if that is the case for cancelling), this would not be the reason why I'm upset. What I'm instead pissed off about is the fact that we (or at least "I") was never informed by NESBA that this event was cancelled. What would of happened if I would of never called today to ask about the camping setup? I know, I would planned my weekend around this event, drove 3hrs to get there just to be then told that it was cancelled. This is very unprofessional if you ask me. It surprises me especially since I have been riding with NESBA for a number of years now and have never had any issues like this.

My account now shows "no upcoming events", I see no available credits listed in my account either, and my bank account also does not show any credit for the money paid in advance.

I called NESBA and left a message on their recording machine.

***NESBA please advise what is going on here and what is going to be done to remedy this***

You can contact me directly if you would like. But how do you feel we should have handled it? Did the track do what they were suppose to do? When did we tell the track that it was canceled? When did we tell the members? What is a reasonable amount of time from the time we tell the track to the time we inform the members?

seasnake

How about

Dear Members,

Unfortunately we have had to cancel the CMP event due to ...(insert cause here). We are sorry for the late notice and the incovenience this may have caused our members. Refunds/credits will be issued in the next ... days. Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,
NESBA

I think that was all that was needed or asked for.

denbsteph

seasnake;286501 wrote: How about

Dear Members,

Unfortunately we have had to cancel the CMP event due to ...(insert cause here). We are sorry for the late notice and the incovenience this may have caused our members. Refunds/credits will be issued in the next ... days. Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,
NESBA

:agree: :popcorn:

Sounds pretty good, thats what I would look for. Hopefully NESBA does the right thing............

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
seasnake;286501 wrote: How about

Dear Members,

Sincerely,
NESBA

:agree: totally.

jcrich

Sounds like everyone that was signed up got an email informing them it was canceled. All you people kvetching not get the email?

1kawasakifan

I also received the email Wednesday morning from Nesba informing of the cancellation.

Just wish that I would of known that the event was cancelled directly from nesba, rather than me finding out on my own after I called the track (CMP) to ask about their camping setup. It just makes me feel like what if I would of never called CMP or what if other members never started posting questions and negative remarks in regards to the lack of communication coming from nesba about the cancellation.

In my opinion sending out an email on Wednesday informing members that the event coming up that same weekend is cancelled is not enough notice ahead of time. You have to keep in mind that people make plans ahead of time around these trackday weekends. It takes time to get things prepped (bikes, trailer, supplies, etc.) and more so if you plan on staying overnight (rv prep and or hotel bookings, etc.). Not to mention the fact that if you work a crazy work schedule (as I do) that it sometimes requires re-arranging your work schedule ahead of time.

There has to be some sort of set standard policy in place. Something along the lines that states that a minimum of 7 days notice will be provided to the members signed up for a track day in the event that the date needs to be cancelled due to whatever the cause may be. If no such notice is provided then the members can be re-assured that the event is a go as previously planned.

Just my 2 cents.....

Unbroken13

But from what JRA posted that's what happened... Sounds like they were discussing the track day with the track for whatever reason... And for what ever reason it got canceled... Also sounds like the track jumped the gun by telling someone that it was canceled... It seems that nesba emailed all payed members after they decided that it was a no go... And then blocked it from the schedule...
Of course short notice sucks... But shit does happen...

Ive rode with nesba only 6 times but so far it's always been run great and everyone involved is awesome...

jcrich

Unbroken13;286601 wrote: But from what JRA posted that's what happened... Sounds like they were discussing the track day with the track for whatever reason... And for what ever reason it got canceled... Also sounds like the track jumped the gun by telling someone that it was canceled... It seems that nesba emailed all payed members after they decided that it was a no go... And then blocked it from the schedule...
Of course short notice sucks... But shit does happen...

Ive rode with nesba only 6 times but so far it's always been run great and everyone involved is awesome...
What are you doing rolling up in here with reasonable assumptions? ;)

While I have sympathy for the OP's disappointment, none of things that he cited have anything to do with the cancellation. You do all of those preparations in anticipation that the event will be held. Would it have made a difference if you were informed on Monday of this week? Sunday? Saturday? Friday last week? What if NESBA did not finalize the decision to cancel until Tuesday of this week? If this was due to light attendance numbers, I am sure NESBA waited to the last minute to see if enough registrations occurred to make the weekend viable and not a money loser.

Nesba

We do NOT like to cancel events, in fact we do it very rarely. We do everything on our power to NOT cancel them. Our process is pretty clear, and in this case it is very clear, you just may not see it so i will explain it to you.

First we disable the event so no one else signs up, to avoid more refund/credit processing.
Second contact the track to see if there is anything they can do to avoid a loss.
Third the outcome of that conversation is considered and then NESBA decides if we need to cancel.
Forth we notify the track, give them some time to see if they want to change their mind
Fifth we notify the members

This is the process and this is the way it must go. What if i told the members before i told the track and they found out from our members and not us.

Hope this helps

noobinacan

Nesba;286614 wrote: We do NOT like to cancel events, in fact we do it very rarely. We do everything on our power to NOT cancel them. Our process is pretty clear, and in this case it is very clear, you just may not see it so i will explain it to you.

First we disable the event so no one else signs up, to avoid more refund/credit processing.
Second contact the track to see if there is anything they can do to avoid a loss.
Third the outcome of that conversation is considered and then NESBA decides if we need to cancel.
Forth we notify the track, give them some time to see if they want to change their mind
Fifth we notify the members

This is the process and this is the way it must go. What if i told the members before i told the track and they found out from our members and not us.

Hope this helps
Thanks Bob for the explanation...as I didn't know the process, and others didn't know....hence the confusion. Assumptions were made by many.

Just a suggestion/feedback for future:
If NESBA is considering cancelling an event due to historical low attendance and/or not enough signup's.
I think it be awesome if someone posted up saying "Sign up or this event will get cancelled due to low signup's"

I think we would have had good attendance due to holiday weekend, no other track org's doing any days, weather not being 110 degrees and seems like there was a lot of interest, but nothing to show for it, as signup's were low...

Once again, just feedback, that is all....thanks

thouchin

noobinacan;286667 wrote:
I think it be awesome if someone posted up saying "Sign up or this event will get cancelled due to low signup's"

That's a good idea.

And thanks, Bob, for the explination.

T.J.