Dominion Racway

bigshug1

^Judging from the pictures I've seen - I don't see how they could possibly be finished in time for an N2 track day...

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
DOMINION UPDATE

We have been in contact with the team at Dominion Raceway and construction is continuing. Unfortunately, the track will not be ready for our scheduled event in June. All registered riders have been contacted at this point.

As everyone has probably figured out at this point, the unusually cold temperatures and amount of precipitation this past winter set them back a little bit in their construction efforts. They are all hands on deck right now, so let’s give them a chance to focus on the work at hand while we enjoy the other great venues we have on our 2015 lineup. We will post updates as they get a bit further in the process.

I want to thank everyone for your understanding and continued patience. We are excited they are building this track and can’t wait to turn wheels on it.

raylee

43746.jpg

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
Unfortunately July is not in the cards either. We will keep the updates coming as we get information.

motorkas

^ agreed. . .and close to home:)

Delays happen with everything. I give both them and N2 MAD PROPS FOR COMMUNICATING UPFRONT AND WELL IN ADVANCE with the progress and impact on the schedule.

It's one thing to be told about this two weeks before the event that it's being canceled. It's a totally different thing to be told in APRIL that events in July can't happen because of unexpected delays. As much as I want to ride that track and have everyday on my schedule, I'll still take that kind of communication every single day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Once it get's built, nobody will remember the delays. . .until then, I'm just going to chalk it up to the fact I don't have millions of dollars lying around or the time or energy to coordinate the logistics to build my own track and have to rely on others. . .and the changes to their schedule as a result of not being directly involved with the build. . .:)

Then again, I'm riding my ass off this Monday in 80 degree sunshine and spanking younger brothers, SV riders and Jamaicans so I'm a little gitty right now:D

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
not even July, according the Foreman I spoke with.
Yeah, we posted back in April (in this thread) that the July date was out also.

I know they are working hard to get this track built and completed for all of us to enjoy. It will be an amazing track when complete. Updates will come as we get more information on opening day.

raylee

I was sooo looking forward to getting drunk track side and passing out in the paddock... guess I gotta resort to getting drunk on someone's law and passing out in the grass.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Thanks for the update. Looks like more elevation changes than I expected in that back/twisty section. :D