Dominion Racway

Racerboy

Know the Toe
Ive visited the site and spoke to the General mgr. Track may be ready by summer next yr, if the weather holds out. I toured the construction as well, its about the size of the south course, looks like portions of Barber too. He also told me that garage rentals may not happen whereas you just rent one out for the day. time will tell. The neat thing, once you exit onto 118, your at the front gate.

mvdon

Nov 16th fly over.....

Attachments

• 11046800_1078649505488290_6363051308963645335_n.jpg
    11046800_1078649505488290_6363051308963645335_n.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 54

tad158

Astronomer not Astrologer
Saw that.....I am curious about the giant ditch on the outside of a fast turn (maybe turn 3 or 4?).....will there be a retaining wall?

I wish they would post a video of a just a golf cart ride around the road course.....especially since it looks like they have ~90% of it to rough grade....

tad158

They posted a video of stock cars on the oval track today...
...They also posted the following teaser...
We are looking forward to testing the road course and drag strip in the future.

Anyway N2 can work some of the local members and/or CR's to be in on that potential "test" ?

I would happily go down there and run a few test laps...even if it were just that...a few laps...:)

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
They posted a video of stock cars on the oval track today...
...They also posted the following teaser...

Anyway N2 can work some of the local members and/or CR's to be in on that potential "test" ?

I would happily go down there and run a few test laps...even if it were just that...a few laps...:)

I wish. I could almost just ride my R6 to there.

tad158

Looks like fun....though I wish they had simply put one full unedited lap in the video.

I am still confused about a few spots on that track where the runoff seems to be down sloped into a runoff retention pond....in the turn 3, and 4 area.

Hopefully that will be placing the walls smartly, and buy plenty of air fence.

bacolmm

FWIW - Talked with Roger Lyle on Monday and after visiting Dominion a couple weeks ago he is not optimistic that the track will be fit for motorcycles anytime soon. He said there are lots of jersey barriers close to the racing surface and is under the impression that the track is not very enthusiastic about moving them. I really hope he's wrong about that!

rsr

Chung bungdert
I also heard from all the people in Rogers camp... They cancelled all thier dates... Supposedly track wasn't sealed last fall.... It's buckling in some places...
I signed up for June but will prob just change to pittrace...
Just waiting to hear back from n2 support about whether it's still gonna be in the schedule.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Which is EXACTLY why we (N2) don't allow sign ups based on projections.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

R1Baby

Control Rider
I saw pictures Wednesday that showed concrete barriers that were installed on both sides through turn three. Does not appear to be a motorcycle safe track.

tad158

TPM will not be holding the up coming Dominion Raceway event scheduled for May 7&8 due to the track not being ready and changes that are currently being made to improve design and safety.

TPM is and always has been concerned for rider safety. As we work with the DR crew we are committed to providing riders a level of confidence that they can feel comfortable with.

We are truly sorry to inconvenience you and hope that you understand. If you are currently registered for this event, please be sure to check your email as we sent you options on what to do with your registration.

Until we feel the track is completed we will continue to be on hold for the up coming events scheduled at DR. We appreciate your business and look toward your further trust in our club.

So this just hit my inbox.....looks like TPM isn't too happy with DR either.....this will be real sad if another year goes by without turning a wheel on that track.....

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Gotta be honest. When I watched the video some months ago, it seemed to me that they weren't too concerned about bikes running there. I thought it looked like some of the run off areas were going to be questionable. Seems like that trend is continuing.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Even if cars are the only ones to run there, why not have run off for them as well? I can't think of too many Porsche guys that want to hit concrete when they run wide!

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
You're right, but car guys are a little more and accustomed to this. It's the difference between balling your car up and potentially very serious bodily harm. As I've got quite a bit of car track experience, it's something I'm used to on 4 wheels. A great example is turn 11 at Gingerman. You come off a long straight - fastest section on the track - to a 90 degree neutral banked right turn - with a wall right in front of you. I loved that track, but hated that turn. Of course, it always provided some entertainment as missing turn 1 resulted in putting your car into a marsh/mud bog. But the concrete walls were not the only thing that concerned me on the video for Dominion. There seemed to also be some very steep elevation changes (like REAL big drop offs) on the outside of a couple turns. It's been a while, but I have to admit, that video made me much less eager to visit that track. I was just hoping that it was early, and that they were doing something to make it much more bike safe.