For those attending Summit Main 07MAY2011

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
I believe our control riders are some of the best in the business. Each control rider gives a great deal in the time they volunteer, the passion they show for our club and our sport, the dedication to our members, and the desire to teach and help every one of us become better riders. Control Rider Appreciation Night will begin after the regulalry scheduled trackday from 5PM to 8PM (dependant on off-track time for members and sunset/safety).

During the event, members will be able to interact with their favorite control riders (we hold no illusions -- we know you have favorites -- I know I yell too much!!). The track time will be CR only allowing each coach to get in hot laps, work with each other to build new skills, and take advantage of the opportunity to refine their riding to remain the best coaches in the trackday industry. It is a great opportunity for members to members to see that control riders practice what they preach, understand the lines and ask questions in between sessions.

Summit Main has a number of excellent viewing/spectator areas -- turn one, the wall at the exit of turn 3 and approach to turn 4, the bleachers located inside and outside of the track with excellent views of turns 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9, and the tower overlooking turn 10 onto the front straight.

This should be great fun and hopefully the members will take the time to ask questions, ask for fly-bys, and observe as the control riders honing their skills. We'd like to see this event be both a way to show appreciation for our CRs but also serve as an opportunity for members to learn.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
who will be corner working? need volunteers? not that there will be any red flags or anything....but i may be able to find use for the black one....:meatball:

Mikey75702

Awesome idea.... I hope this is as/more successful then the raffle. Maybe another little cookout?? I'll bring more burgers and hotdogs.

slowpoke

ontheR6;182416 wrote: I can't wait! what a great idea!!!
I'm wearing a huge smile already!
Smiling? I'm drooling on my keyboard.

Kub - I knew you put a ton of time into this and THANK YOU!!

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
This is a fantastic idea. Maybe more in the future?

One step closer to an 'A' skills day.....hint, hint ;)

lemondrop

hope the CR's wont shy away from coming out to play with the big kids during the day......

I think Gus will get bored of lapping me...

ontheR6

lemondrop;182427 wrote: I think Gus will get bored of lapping me...
That was our little secret love.........

ok, ok......... i give good lap :rainbow:with a smile :rainbow:

5' 7"
180lbs (unsprung weight)
Brown hair
Green eyes

Interested parties may PM ;)

OH! forgot to ask, will there be 2up rides?

Jiggy

Control Rider
Awesome job on getting this scheduled Kube. Hell, I am half tempted to grab a burger and a beer and sit on pit wall to watch this one. Its going to be awesome

lemondrop

ontheR6;182435 wrote: That was our little secret love.........

ok, ok......... i give good lap :rainbow:with a smile :rainbow:

5' 7"
180lbs (unsprung weight)
Brown hair
Green eyes

Interested parties may PM ;)

OH! forgot to ask, will there be 2up rides?
hahahah...i think i just threw up a bit in my mouth

ontheR6

slowpoke;182455 wrote: Gus will teach you to swallow that.
The CR that is into hairy cleavage and women's magazines showed me the proper technique ;)

(that pic still cracks me up!!!!)

fitz

I never actually get to see anyone ride on all these tracks I go to. I'm usually too busy messing with the bike, or just plain tuckered out to watch anyone ride. So this should be great watching my favorite CRs do what they do best.

Only thing is, I only know who’s who from the back, and don't know anyone’s number, it would make it more interesting as a spectator if I knew who was who. Anyway to have a short print out of their names and numbers, nothing fancy. (so when I bet 2 beers on Sanders against Pontrelli there’s no confusion :D )

fitz

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Sounds like a great idea. I will be in Bloomsburg for my sister's graduation, but may just come down to hang out and watch the fun afterwards.

Twiztedjester55

fitz;182460 wrote: I never actually get to see anyone ride on all these tracks I go to. I'm usually too busy messing with the bike, or just plain tuckered out to watch anyone ride. So this should be great watching my favorite CRs do what they do best.

Only thing is, I only know who’s who from the back, and don't know anyone’s number, it would make it more interesting as a spectator if I knew who was who. Anyway to have a short print out of their names and numbers, nothing fancy. (so when I bet 2 beers on Sanders against Pontrelli there’s no confusion :D )

fitz
That's like betting what's slower a turtle or a snail.:saythat: