Guys familiar with illinois roads..

j_fuggin_t

so i was reviewing my ipass account and to no surprise it costs me $39 just to drive back and forth to Blackhawk :wow: and tolls are supposed to double by the time next season starts, is there an alternate route i can take coming through the city via 94 to cut out alot of these tolls? oh and thats with a single axle trailer, if i make a change and get a toy hauler which has 2 axles i'd pay even more. :banghead:

gkotlin

$39 a year? Quit your whining.

There isn't anything that won't triple your travel time. By the time you do 25mph through the small towns and stuff, you'll be fed up and burn more gas starting and stopping.

You can take 94 to 90 instead of 294. But you'll pay on 90 all the way out to BHF. You can take 94 to 290 West to 53 North to avoid the toll plaza by O'hare on 90, but that's just one toll.

Unless there is a way to take 80 West and come up 39/51?

some guy #2

Got hosed for $3 coming from Indianapolis :D

Going to Road America was the eye opener for me. I need a van or something.

j_fuggin_t

gkotlin;218999 wrote: $39 a year? Quit your whining.

There isn't anything that won't triple your travel time. By the time you do 25mph through the small towns and stuff, you'll be fed up and burn more gas starting and stopping.

You can take 94 to 90 instead of 294. But you'll pay on 90 all the way out to BHF. You can take 94 to 290 West to 53 North to avoid the toll plaza by O'hare on 90, but that's just one toll.

HELL no.. $39 a trip :argh: if it was a year i wouldn't complain one bit, but $39 times however many weekends i was there & then next year they are doubling the tolls, and thats taking 94 as long as i can before i jump on toll roads, i don't take 294

sobottka

on the south side of rockford, you can turn west on 20 (left lane) instead of taking the tollway (right lane). go west for 5 miles or so then turn north on meridian rd. go north on meridian all the way to shirland or rockton rd. then east on shirland
for a 1/2 to 1 mile. then turn north on prairie to the track. it doesnt take much longer and no tolls (at least between rockford and beloit)

dlockhart5x

sobottka;219012 wrote: on the south side of rockford, you can turn west on 20 (left lane) instead of taking the tollway (right lane). go west for 5 miles or so then turn north on meridian rd. go north on meridian all the way to rockton rd. then east on rockton for a 1/2 to 1 mile. then turn north on prairie to the track. it doesnt take much longer and no tolls (at least between rockford and beloit)
From where I'm at I can IL rt64 due west to 39/51 up to 20 then over to meridian. The last town with many stops is Sycamore, then it's farm fields to 39.
This year Ohio made it's $ forune off us. 2 Nelson trips and 3 trips to the Beaver

ERB68

gkotlin;218999 wrote:
He can, it looks like it will add 30 minutes to the drive according to Google maps.

WOW, 39bux sucks!

j_fuggin_t

ERB68;219065 wrote: He can, it looks like it will add 30 minutes to the drive according to Google maps.

WOW, 39bux sucks!
yea tell me about it, i don't mind an extra 30 mins if its gonna save me $40+ (depending on what tolls go to)

ERB68

j_fuggin_t;219071 wrote: yea tell me about it, i don't mind an extra 30 mins if its gonna save me $40+ (depending on what tolls go to)
I'm not positive but I think you will avoid most if not all if you use Sobottka's detour.

j_fuggin_t

ERB68;219076 wrote: I'm not positive but I think you will avoid most if not all if you use Sobottka's detour.
yea i put it in mapquest and it didn't mention any "portions toll" i normally wouldn't care but if they do double thats an entire tank of gas just to drive on the damn road

greeny

if you're taking the skyway, that's like $8 a pop, isn't it? i think that's what chicago does to keep those Gary people out of our city...

j_fuggin_t

greeny;219082 wrote: if you're taking the skyway, that's like $8 a pop, isn't it? i think that's what chicago does to keep those Gary people out of our city...
no i skip the skyway all together, this was just taking the 94 to 90 to whatever the gps tells me to take LOL i wanna say the .80 cent tolls with a trailer cost 2.60 but i'll double check when i get home and log into my account

greeny

this is why i don't bring up my ipass sensor to my parents since they bought it for me when i was in school and haven't asked for it back yet. :p