Here's some great news!!

jigs

The Midwest Chili cook-off fund raiser is a go...we've secured that weekend.....and I can tell you the primary purpose is to continue what MW Nesbians have done there over the last few years.With all that's going on...this event in particular is very dear to alot of people and would be an absolute shame if it were to go away....special thanks to Paul and Carol Musschoot,owners of BHF for making this weekend available,which needless to say became open,and other orgs,including auto orgs were champing at the bit to grab this weekend.They cited importance and history of this event,and all the hard work and effort,as well as tremendous results generated by MW Nesbians.

Operationallly,the event will be run by Moto-Vid and Johnny Udell,who owns J.O.S. Motorsports out of Des Moines Iowa.They are working on a special promotion for MW Nesbians for this event..more details to come....also,I know that phone calls will be made and probably an extension to the same crew (to who's interested anyway) and a possible special guest grand marshall,if he takes the offer and has the will...ahem. I'm sure it will probably closley resemble events in the past and we sure hope it turns out that way....more to come...see some of you on Sunday for carting...

cecilio64

That's great news!!!!!! The Chili cook-offs we attended were some of the best weekends we had at the track. I was shocked and saddened to hear about the MW shutting down. Don't know what I'd do if we still lived in Chicago and didn't have NESBA as an option. We're talking about coming to Chicago someday to visit, if it happens to coincide with that weekend we'll definitely come out to Blackhawk to visit our MW friends and family. Miss you guys and, like so many people have already said, thank you all so much for all the time and effort you have put in to help make me a better/safer rider. Fred, Marshall, Joe, Kim, Nolan, Stevie B, Pallela, George K, Greg, Brian, Chad, Tony, Smiley, and many more I'm sure I'm forgetting. Now that some of you might be riding less, save some money and come do some track days in Spain ;) I'll help anyway I can.

Supergirl

Johnny, nothing personal. You know i love YOU....

so motovid not only steals other orgs' dates, now they steal the cookoff too???? and always under poor udell's name?

how ironic!

steve p

Johnny, I was wondering if anybody has contacted the originator of the cook off, Todd Murray? Is Moto-Vid going g to extend him the professional courtesy of continuing to MC the event or is Moto-Vid going to continue to ride the coat tails of other peoples hard work?

Zippy

Hey Jigs,

I think this is awesome. This one is for the riders! I will support this event in anyway I can. See you all there.

Linsay

j_fuggin_t

Zippy;229740 wrote: Hey Jigs,

I think this is awesome. This one is for the riders! I will support this event in anyway I can. See you all there.

LinsayIs it though??

racer23;229741 wrote:
Wow, seriously?
my thoughts exactly

jigs

steve p;229737 wrote: Johnny, I was wondering if anybody has contacted the originator of the cook off, Todd Murray? Is Moto-Vid going g to extend him the professional courtesy of continuing to MC the event or is Moto-Vid going to continue to ride the coat tails of other peoples hard work?
You're right Steve......and love you too Tea....forgive me for my enthusiasm.....in erlier posts I made reference to the fact that this is,and was about NESBA MW,and of corse the cause...not politics......my member no is 8365 too ya know. I'm just a CR/rider who,like anyone else,doesn't want to see NESBA MW go away,nor the Chili cook-off that members put on the map.Based on the amount of enthusiasm via phone/pm's and text's....i went the assumptive,and my excitment took over....I don't get invloved anything but CR'ng and the clinics...I come here to get away from politics,but to my knowledge NESBA MW is gone..no other org booked dates to my knowledge....personally speaking,the only thing I care about the the cause,nothing else....the whole idea was for any and all NESBA MW members to basically take this thing over that weekend....sorry for trying to make Lemonade out of a Lemon.....I don't understand from "stealing"..."taking over"...give a shit....I care about the purpose and people to labored on this thing for years......sorry I jumped the gun a bit,bit as you know many others feel the same way about this event....not politics...

So........why don't we hit the reset button here.....

Do you guys want to do this? If you it's all yours.....you now have a venue,you all want to not do it..fine...you want to it elswhere...with another org....fine....I just want to see it happen and not languish,give a shit who or where...

steve p

Johnny, You and I both know there were SEVERAL other options on the table to continue with a more NESBA type flavor. I stepped up, and the latest, Trent offered. Truth is, we never had a chance. I offered to take the date and pay in full in advance, just as Trent did recently, fell on def ears.

I'm glad riders are going to benefit and lives will be saved, but it has nothing to do with helping the poor mw NESBA people as Moto-Vid would have people believe. If that were the case, NESBA people would have been given the weekend. I could care less now as I have stated in another thread, I am moving on.

Why couldn't Mike Casey come on here and tell everyone the "great news?" Because he doesn't have a spine big enough to support his jelly fish like body. Always has to manipulate people to do stuff for him.

Just disapointed all around, but hey, life is full of disappointments and I'll live.

Ok, now I'll hit the reset button. See you at the MW banquet.

jigs

steve p;229751 wrote: Johnny, You and I both know there were SEVERAL other options on the table to continue with a more NESBA type flavor. I stepped up, and the latest, Trent offered. Truth is, we never had a chance. I offered to take the date and pay in full in advance, just as Trent did recently, fell on def ears.

I'm glad riders are going to benefit and lives will be saved, but it has nothing to do with helping the poor mw NESBA people as Moto-Vid would have people believe. If that were the case, NESBA people would have been given the weekend. I could care less now as I have stated in another thread, I am moving on.

Why couldn't Mike Casey come on here and tell everyone the "great news?" Because he doesn't have a spine big enough to support his jelly fish like body. Always has to manipulate people to do stuff for him.

Just disapointed all around, but hey, life is full of disappointments and I'll live.

Ok, now I'll hit the reset button. See you at the MW banquet.
Stevie...you and I have always been close,and never had an issue...I will keep it that way....but my friend....let's start with our phone conversation we had a week or so ago.....remember.....there was nothing in that conversation that would have left me with...anything's a go...matter of fact,sounded like a no go...can't read your mind bro....secondly..hand to God,on my Fathers grave...I know of no other "deals" or interest....I know nothing of Trent.....there's been talk,and so far just talk about a possible..nothing concrete...to my knowlegde anyway....love ya'...and I'm now backing away from this...needless to say..it aint' workin' out too good....one of those times you think you're doing a good thing...and guess what...:banghead:

Zippy

To me, the main point of the Chili Cookoff was just not to help NESBA, but mostly to help keep riders from getting hurt. The resources go to air fence. The politics are not my major concern. Keeping riders safer is.

If NESBA had somehow been able to secure the weekend, I would be there and been very happy about it. I am just glad that someone is picking up the ball and allowing this event to continue. I know that you would like to see it stay in the family, and certainly so would I. But I am glad that this important and valuable event may continue in some form. Yes, it is a shame that it is not to be hosted by NESBA, and that someone else gets to benefit from hard work done by Nesbians. But NESBA, as a whole, has put themselves in a position to not be able to make it happen for whatever reasons.

It's a shame when you build a fine house, and cannot afford to live there. Very ironic, and that does not escape me.

NESBA would always be my first choice for track time, because they have high standards and great people.

jigs

Zippy;229754 wrote: To me, the main point of the Chili Cookoff was just not to help NESBA, but mostly to help keep riders from getting hurt. The resources go to air fence. The politics are not my major concern. Keeping riders safer is.

If NESBA had somehow been able to secure the weekend, I would be there and been very happy about it. I am just glad that someone is picking up the ball and allowing this event to continue. I know that you would like to see it stay in the family, and certainly so would I. But I am glad that this important and valuable event may continue in some form. Yes, it is a shame that it is not to be hosted by NESBA, and that someone else gets to benefit from hard work done by Nesbians. But NESBA, as a whole, has put themselves in a position to not be able to make it happen for whatever reasons.

It's a shame when you build a fine house, and cannot afford to live there. Very ironic, and that does not escape me.

NESBA would always be my first choice for track time, because they have high standards and great people.
Right Zippy...you and I back to 02'-03' with NESBA,and my first 4 years or so was soley with this club...as I got hooked more,and having to work 3 Saturdays a month,the weekday's worked well for me since I couldn't to alot of the events BUT,I've always tried to ride when I could ...I have alot of good friends here,which is why my excitment about the whole thing made me do a kind of a dumb thing which is putting the cart before the horse...I acted alone,on my own just to get some good news...what should of happened is the Boss should have conracted first...run it passed him,if he wants to do it he's the Boss and run it as he,and all the people onvoled have in the past....my humble apologies...my bad but my heart was in the right place...which I can be at peace with...I hope this can happen but now out of my hands..let's move on...I wish to hell this whole frickin' wasn't happening...