Here's some great news!!

John366

--

NESBA members,

I think we should clarify a few things here about Labor Day weekend event and the opportunity to continue the wonderful CCO benefit along the way.

First, a brief introduction; My name is John Udell, owner JOS Motorsports. As you may know, I have secured two weekend dates @ Blackhawk Farms Raceway in 2012 under standard terms required by all BFR customers. Please come out, I won't let you down and am working hard to make exciting track day events @ BFR.

July 28-29
September 1-2-3

I know many of you and you have seen me at the track over the years, going back to 2006 riding track days, racing, helping any way I can. I have always had aspirations to get more involved. Even nutty ideas to "build" a racetrack to help satisfy my passion, like yours, riding motorcycles as fast as my old body will take me. [didnt happen]

This last year, it was time to get even more involved; So I asked the track for a weekend, which is usually sold out each year.

I waited patiently, as existing track customers decided on their traditional dates and had the opportunity to secure two future events all the way thru December 2011. Which, given the opportunity, I did with my checkbook under contract.

I partnered with Motovid.com for the obvious reasons to help get my program up and running quickly and confidence in the success operationally of our endeavor. Motovid.com, its team and know-how has been in the event mgmt, promotion business for 8 years, working at two tracks to develop its competencies. However, it should be noted, this did not help me get any better dates @ BFR.

I am aware there are discussions happening behind the scenes in any business. In fact, as early as June each year the track approaches traditional customers to recommit. All track customers have had first right of refusal and the track tries diligently to retain customers, and expand their programs for more events. This is standard business development practice in the motorsports industry.

As far as dates, I had what was left over this year and now, since NESBA, traditional date holder, decided not to secure Labor Day, as our good friend Johnny (Jigs) has identified, JOS Motorsports has secured the weekend after it was released.

No other details have been presented about this, simply because this just happened. I intend to discuss all details with those involved with the organization of the benefit for BFR. I hope those that made it a success are willing to participate, but regardless, we have a place to ride!

Please stay tuned and watch for announcements to follow. I hope to see you guys out on track with JOS Motorsports and an existing year @ Blackhawk Farms Raceway.

Thank you,
John Udell

JOS Motorsports

New|ReplyReply allForward

j_fuggin_t

I would say here, lets not kill the messenger (aka Jigs) nor Mr. Udell, they are one of us.. others mentioned may not be, but it seems Jigs & Mr. Udell above me just want to ride, HAVE FUN, and try to keep suit of whats been going on at BHF for the last years. I always remember BHF being considered "home" for nesba and that hasn't changed for me personally.. i'm curious to see what will unfold honestly

Germany

lets look at this from a different point of view...
The air fence stays at BHF, right?! so this was a Nesba event to raise money for the Air fence, right?
Now Nesba left and seems not to come back, right? So where is the problem to keep this tradition going?
Yes I understand that Steve tried to get BHF rented and so did Trent. Yes I see that there might be an issue with BFR giving dates preference first to people they have done business with.
But from what I understand, did NESBA have those dates secured until someone had to pay for it, with NESBA pulling out nobody paid for those days, so from a business standpoint why not rent it to someone that pays and from what I understand was the decision on Nesba not to continue the MW region was made way before we knew about it / or at least there were no efforts to make a payment to secure the track...

At the end this is business, Paul didn't buy the track to loose money on it ( well maybe as a tax write off, lol ) and money in your hand is better than not.

John366

Thank you steve, Im really looking foward to this year. I hope I can live up to everyones expectations and make it a great year

jason8887

John

I'd like to say thanks for putting in the time and money to secure the dates. I don't have anything against MotoVid or BFR but was very bummed that only weekday track days were available. You have just made it possible for me to ride this year!

Now, since you are located in Des Moines, can we interest you in taking it a step further and setting up something at Iowa Speedway? Always well attended and always fun.... Just a thought

Jason

stkr

So what's going to printed on the new air fence sections? JOS or MotoVid?

:rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gkotlin

Germany;229850 wrote: I did't hit airfence yet... :popcorn:
Name that movie.....

Me: I want you to go out and hit the air fence Stefan!

Stefan: Hit the air fence?

Me: Hit the air fence.

Stefan: Why?

Me: Cause' you crashed into everything else and I want you to be perfect!

:popcorn: