I-group passing rules: control rider wave-by

rob92

Control Rider
N2
I really don't want to play moderator here, but this thread is getting a little silly. The guy came out here to ask a question, raise a complaint, and now it looks like the WERA dungeon. I don't want to alienate anyone that's at least trying to communicate. Opinions are ok.

I really don't want to play moderator here, but this thread is getting a little silly. The guy came out here to ask a question, raise a complaint, and now it looks like the WERA dungeon. I don't want to alienate anyone that's at least trying to communicate. Opinions are ok.
Thank you Rob !!!
The last thing we want to do is drive a member away for giving their opinion !! I-zapp I wish I could type but I can't so I hope to get the opportunity to speak with you in person.

Oh and by the way Rob there is no other person that I would want to be playing moderator then you. Could you just imagine if it were me ??

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
You do NOT want ME moderating THAT is FOR SURE!!!

Anyway,

I commend Rob, Kris, and Will for their responses.

Dave...go get your bike off the tower at NJMP..I think I saw it up there again. ;-)

All kidding aside....the wave by is also for CR's to ensure riders pass them on their left/clutch side. Under normal circumstances they are working with other riders, sometimes taking them off line so you can pass them and the slower rider safely..especially in the Novice group where brand spankin' (Hmmmmmm Spanking...a topic for another time in another Forum :)) new riders show up for their first events and may find the environment more intimidating in reality than they had initially expected. The first time someone passed me at the Team Suzuki Advanced Rider's School in 1997 spooked the hell out of me. Riding without mirrors to see what's going on behind you is weird at first....now...for me riding with mirrors feels weird :confused:. It can allow them to communicate with you all to pass the CR and the rider he or she is working with safely. So the CR and the rider they are assisting don't get separated or caught up in an unsafe/traffic situation that can lead to bad things happening.

While I group is faster, there are STILL new I riders that may be taken a bit back by being the new fishes in that pond. Maybe their new to that track and are struggling, maybe their riders (either group) coming back from a pretty bad
wreck and just adjusting to the environment again after a layoff/recovery. They may be a little spooked. CR's are there to monitor what's going on, who's struggling, who is riding well, manage the traffic, manage the groups and try to ensure the day runs well. They are there to facilitate the fun. They're there to help you learn, but you have to ASK for that help before you go out and communicate with them.

What happened to you, and the specific instance you're depicting here is unusual based on my past experiences in B and I group. I think you caught a CR in a brain fart. Sorry. Don't let it leave a bad taste in your mouth.

This sport is about patience, on MANY levels in MANY ways.

breezie

Theres a lot of things i feel that can be ran differently in this org but i don't say much because its a loose / loose situation. The cr's the wave by etc etc etc ... but its run by guys who's been doing it so just mount up ride and when you feel your rhythm being messed up hot pit take a breather then back out you go..

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Theres a lot of things i feel that can be ran differently in this org but i don't say much because its a loose / loose situation. The cr's the wave by etc etc etc ... but its run by guys who's been doing it so just mount up ride and when you feel your rhythm being messed up hot pit take a breather then back out you go..

What makes you think it's a lose/lose situation? Any business worth the air they breathe will value all feedback from their customers. I will say that it's completely unfair to not speak up on the time of the incident and wait until after the fact to make a complaint about it. As a poor example, I would be upset if I ran a pizza shop, and a customer ate a pizza in my store and had a complaint, and waited until he got home and posted about it online instead of coming to me first to see if I could fix it for him. Now, if he did indeed attempt to do so, and I blew it off - then it's a warranted complaint. However, not giving the business the opportunity to correct the problem you have just isn't fair to the business.