Judy....????

beevan217

Chris, thanks for the update man. I was looking to check on Judy again then I realized you all were gone. I had HOPED you went to get some food or something. Please pass on our well wishes & thoughts. Judy is a special person in my book, one of the coolest, nicest people I've met in NESBA & it showed once we found out what happened.

HEAL UP WELL JUDY!!!

Dave561

Control Rider
Judy is a tough broad and glad to hear nothing is broke. Hope the healing is quick and can't wait to see you back out there.

CptCurt

Sorry to hear the news that you had an off but really thankful to hear you'll be ok. Can someone get the girl her internet connection?!!! :)

Drtbkrdude

Crap, Judy! Just saw the post. We had no idea! Bummer to hear you had an off. Glad you are doing well though. I'll let Sharon know. Of course, we hope you heal up quickly and return to normal. (Whatever that is!) :)

erichmond

Sorry to hear about your misfortune on Saturday, Judy. I didn't see it happen, but by the time I had heard about and came over to see you that leg looked pretty sore and you were just getting in the car to go the hospital. I hope your recovery is quick and we get to see you out there again this season!

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Judy is one of those very special people that we are all fortunate to be able to share our sport with. She shares our passion for the sport you'd have a hard time finding someone more knowledgeable or more sharing. Although I know she's going to be feeling pretty sore for awhile... I'm sure glad to hear she's OK. Heal up fast Judy.... we'll be missing you until you do.

Gorecki

Man, didn't want to see this thread this morning. Best wishes in a speeding recovery, you're my hero Judy!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Hey gang, checking in. Thanks so much for all your kind words and well-wishes. A very special thanks to Chris (R1baby) and Dan (dbarufaldi) who took me to the hospital and stayed with me until well after Tam could arrive. Special thanks to my guardian angel Chris who was keeping a watchful eye over me. I got up and walked to the ambulance, got checked out, and came back to the pits. But I guess after sitting a bit in the pits the adrenaline wore off, and pain and shock set in. Chris thought I didn't look right so he took me to the ER. Good thing, as I blacked out upon arrival, then again an hour or so later. Got all sweaty, shocky. Blood pressure dropped to 60/30. Hemoglobin dropped from 12.5 to 9.5. They typed and crossed me in case I needed a transfusion but it stabilized. No open bleeding, but so much bleeding (hematoma) into my leg and forearm. I am super sore but amazingly nothing is broken. They must've x-rayed most of my body and did a CAT scan on my cervical spine/neck. Leg and arm look the worst, shoulder hurts, hand bruised.

Thanks also to Chris for packing up all my stuff. I think he cleaned my trailer while he was at it!

I'm lucky. It could've been much, much worse.

I was taken out in turn 4, the high-speed right hand kink, by a rider with very bad judgement. I was having an awesome couple of days up until then - really enjoying the bike and feeling great. Dan, Chris, and I were riding together, Dan in the lead, then me, then Chris behind me. This guy had to have passed a few other people over wheelie hill, then just managed to pass Chris, then slammed into me. I was already at full lean in the turn. The impact sent me off the track. I was still upright and feathered the rear brake, but I was just going too fast for the bumpy grass. Plus I didn't want to re-enter the track after turn 5 and hit anyone or be hit again. I guess I hit a bump in the grass, the wheel locked, and sent me highsiding over the bars. I landed hard on my elbow, shoulder and knee.

This has always been one of my greatest fears. In the 17 years I've been doing trackdays, I've always bought the best gear I can, I kept my bike meticulously maintained, and taken many schools over the years to improve my riding and be safe. Only other two crashes were relatively minor lowsides due to not accurately reading bumpy tracks! One thing I, nor anyone can do, however, is always stay out of the way of someone who is not following the rules.

My season, both track and street, is over. It will be a couple of months at least before I'm 100%, and my bike is a mess.

But, I consider myself very lucky. It could have ended up a lot worse. I don't believe I have any injuries that will be permanent, and the bike can most likely be fixed.

Be well, my friends, and be safe out there. I will miss you!

kbonigut

heal up

heal up, i hope someone can talk to the person that took you out with such a senseless move. you think people would remember its just a track day and to be nice.

noobinacan

Judy
Really glad to hear that you're on the road to recovery.
Sorry to hear that it has ended your season, but you're still with us in the long term

I can't understand why people make unsafe passing attempts....:doh:
But, I'm not sure if the other rider apologized to you for it, or if there's his side of the story. Sucks that this kind of thing happened in :a: of all places. :(

while you have some time to kill....let me know if you want all the BSB and WSBK races/superpole etc from this year, I can mail it to ya on a DVD :)

z064life

Heal up Judy. I hope the guy got his ass chewed, maybe even bumped down for a bit to relearn a safe pass. That is senseless in any group especially :a: