July 4th

King Air Pilot

Death Valley Days
Good morning,
I am sure everyone knows that VIR will not let us in until 1730. Also, Will N2 staff do tech Sunday evening?

King Air Pilot

Death Valley Days
Anyone know if we will be running the chicane after T12 down the long straight?
yes, its a permanent fixture, for bikes anyways, 2 yrs running now. In fact, I flew over the air corridor of that area (Mecklinburg cty) and could see the Orange barriers on the up hill of the south course. Kerrigan Smith (Mgr) tells me that they are removed for the cars, of course they are.

Last edited:

King Air Pilot

Death Valley Days
Also, would like to mention to all the garage renters. VIR Security is now checking very closely of participants who are renting garages that they display their placard in the plastic holder outside said garage and that you park your rig in the appropriate slot in front of the garage your renting. Last week when I was there, (Car event) trouble occurred when someone parked their rig in the paddock slot marked for the appropriate garage, the actual renter could not park in their paddock slot, at first, could not find the person who was not supposed to park there, and true to human nature, argument, shoving, etc. the paddock slots are marked, but the numbers are very faded. Just an observation, I always get the garage/suite combo, hope I do not run into that situation.

King Air Pilot

Death Valley Days
Also, would like to mention to all the garage renters. VIR Security is now checking very closely of participants who are renting garages that they display their placard in the plastic holder outside said garage and that you park your rig in the appropriate slot in front of the garage your renting. they are as well looking for squatters in unrented garages. Last week when I was there, (Car event) trouble occurred when someone parked their rig in the paddock slot marked for the appropriate garage, the actual renter could not park in their paddock slot, at first, could not find the person who parked there, and true to human nature, argument, shoving, etc. the paddock slots are marked, but the numbers are very faded. Just an observation, I always get the garage/suite combo, hope I do not run into that situation. One more note about the garages, there used to be a cleaning contract, no more. If there is a car event, they leave the biggest mess, liquid puddles on the garage floor, zip ties, safety wire, stacks of tires, etc. I bring my yard blower and clean up that way, much faster than a broom. Finally, the Pagoda was closed that entire weekend. I guess Covid restrictions still, could not get ice, unless your staying at the Lodge.

From VIR today, "Pit lane rooms available for $140 + tax and the garage spaces are $150 per day."
what number did you call (or extension)? I can't seem to get a hold of anyone on the numbers that are listed, and the online booking option is not a thing, apparently.

bmart

Control Rider
Looking forward to seeing everyone. I went through "the logs" and I've never run Full. Crazy...be easy on me!

Temps don't look too bad. Bring plenty of fluid for Monday and start hydrating today to help keep everyone safe on track.