Lightening July 30-31st, who's going?

Eddie

okay, thinking of pulling the trigger on this one and straying from my summit point comfort zone.
Any info for a newb on this circuit?
power? generator?
hints/tips?

Rick Crespo

Anyone know what an average lap time for each group at Lightning in the normal direction is? I haven't ridden in the normal direction in years and I am just curious. I'm not concerned with breaking the track records, I'd just like to know what the averages are so I can see what the differences are after the weekend.

Thanks Ya'll

See you at the track

Greg ZX6R

Anyone know what an average lap time for each group at Lightning in the normal direction is? I haven't ridden in the normal direction in years and I am just curious. I'm not concerned with breaking the track records, I'd just like to know what the averages are so I can see what the differences are after the weekend.

Thanks Ya'll

See you at the track
Ok, I'll give it a try.

Novice: 1:23 - 1:30
Intermediate: 1:15 - 1:22
Advanced: 1:08 - 1:14

Greg ZX6R

Ahhh, I meant 1:05 to 1:14. Winner gets 1 broken clip on and a broken akra carbon fiber exhaust hanger! It's on!

Eddie

You'll have to let us know when her race is so the N2 Paddock can come over and cheer her on!

Yes! let us know. I am bringing my 3 boys there with me on our first "real" road trip track day. (We live by Summit Point)
We have a "pocket rocket" bike that we race around the school parking lot. Timed laps...winner gets a prize.
My boys would absolutely love to check that out!

Oh, and challenge accepted as well...
I mean the 1:30 Novice group one!!

Shifty10

Control Rider

Thanks Ya'll

See you at the track
Ok, I'll give it a try.

Novice: 1:23 - 1:30
Intermediate: 1:15 - 1:22
Advanced: 1:08 - 1:14

Greg,

How do lap times at Lightning compare to Thunderbolt? I have ridden Thunderbolt a few times, but never lightning. New to N2 so excited to get out there and meet you all! Thanks!

Greg ZX6R

Greg,

How do lap times at Lightning compare to Thunderbolt? I have ridden Thunderbolt a few times, but never lightning. New to N2 so excited to get out there and meet you all! Thanks!
Lightning is a much faster track than Thunderbolt, and I don't think it's as technical, but it's fun. For me, lap times are about 20 seconds faster at Lightning than Thunderbolt. Additionally, Lightning eats the right side of tires due to the long right hand run toward the bridge, and the bowl; only 3 left turns during a lap.

CBRtist

Yes! let us know. I am bringing my 3 boys there with me on our first "real" road trip track day. (We live by Summit Point)
We have a "pocket rocket" bike that we race around the school parking lot. Timed laps...winner gets a prize.
My boys would absolutely love to check that out!

Oh, and challenge accepted as well...
I mean the 1:30 Novice group one!!

Unfortunately, it's in Sandy Hook, MD for her first one. Then I will be pit bitch to her and Judy at NJ 8/20... She'll be in 50 and Judy in 100 stock with her new Kawi (woot!). Then Ria's third day will be 9/5 and I'll be with her while y'all and her dad are whooping it up at TB :'( but always feel free to visit/check out anytime!!!!!!

P.S. I'm doomed with those novice times