MW Schedule

nk140

j_fuggin_t;234186 wrote: Says in the rules must have expert license.. ill just sign up and see how long it takes to get removed lol
Just sign up for advanced that is what I did this past fall. They never asked for my non-existent license.

tittys04

This is what it says on the registration form:

Expert (Valid Race License required to start in this group)

meaning a race license, not an expert license, and only to start there. You can be bumped up any time similar to Nesba.

rk97

That is still the dumbest measuring stick ever.

A race license says nothing about your pace, or lack thereof. It only means you know the flags.

My race school had a HUGE range of skill when it came to rider ability. The Lockharts were ahead of me, and I still nearly lapped another guy in our 4 lap mock race. That guy was a licensed racer at the end of that day, but was 60 seconds a lap slower than others in the school...

tittys04

true, but given that new riders sign up before anyone in the org sees them ride, it's the best measuring stick they really have. it's still the riders responsibility to place themselves in the appropriate group. Just because you hold a race license doesn't necessarily mean you must sign up in expert.

j_fuggin_t

tittys04;235133 wrote: This is what it says on the registration form:

Expert (Valid Race License required to start in this group)

meaning a race license, not an expert license, and only to start there. You can be bumped up any time similar to Nesba.
I group is gonna be fun then :popcorn:

rk97

j_fuggin_t;235140 wrote: I group is gonna be fun then :popcorn:
you sand-bagger! :haha:

I was accused of "slumming it" in intermediate at Mid-Ohio a couple of years ago. Some guy thought that everyone faster than him simply must have been at an Advanced pace.:rolleyes:

What made it funnier to me was that the AMA round was less than a month away, and Corey West (and Hix, Blume, and a couple other privateers) were there testing.

some guy #2

It's not much of a measuring stick but I assume someone with a race license has been on a track before and knows the basics of being on the track compared to many other TD groups where anybody can sign up in any group they want.

j_fuggin_t

tittys04;235143 wrote: Yep :Dhmmm.. wonder how long it will take to get booted out of I. Bikes are straight up and down in 2, looks like a good spot to pass lol

rk97;235149 wrote:
you sand-bagger! :haha:

I was accused of "slumming it" in intermediate at Mid-Ohio a couple of years ago. Some guy thought that everyone faster than him simply must have been at an Advanced pace.:rolleyes:

What made it funnier to me was that the AMA round was less than a month away, and Corey West (and Hix, Blume, and a couple other privateers) were there testing.
Im just a mere amateur, be my first day with a race license :D

dlockhart5x

j_fuggin_t;235157 wrote: hmmm.. wonder how long it will take to get booted out of I. Bikes are straight up and down in 2, looks like a good spot to pass lol

Im just a mere amateur, be my first day with a race license :D

^
Proving any shlub can get a AM lic :haha:

It makes NESBA's policy of holding a EX license for a free pass to A
seem pretty smart

And is rk97 Chris sandbaggin for another year? :popcorn:

beac83

Alright Midwest NESBIANS. DJ is adding a weekend at Iowa Speedway to the Mid-Central Schedule. Iowa is a short, fun track with an awesome paddock. It's in Newton, IA, about 5 hours from Chicago. The dates are posted in the schedule.