MW Schedule

steve p

Germany;228331 wrote: so are there going to be refunds for the credit that is in the account? I hardly doubt there will be a nesba event at a place I want to go, so i rather have my pennys back... which could have made some interrest...

Good luck, you'll have to get in line behind the Northwest guys who have been waiting over a year for a refund.

denbsteph;228334 said:
I hate it for you guys, I really do. lets hope this does not have a trickle effect to the SouthEast and beyond.
Wouldn't worry, South East is the chosen one, cash cow so to speak, you're golden.

iamnotgreg;228336 wrote: I realize the schedule was really thin but to cancel the entire season?

I wonder how much of this has to do with half the MW tracks signing exclusive agreements with STT. That's a bunch of anti-competitive crap right there.
Has absolutely nothing to do with exclusive agreements, more to do with upper management dropping the ball numerous times.

Nexus;228339 wrote: Can I have a refund on my membership? I only joined in December to ride Blackhawk with NESBA. Since the entire midwest is canceled I will be requesting a refund.
Don't hold your breath

iamnotgreg;228343 wrote: I don't know about that. I was referring to them locking up ACC, Grattan and I believe Gingerman with exclusive STT only deals. NESBA ended up basically being the other Blackhawk org (since MotoVid seems to at least some level be the official org of BHF if I remember correctly they are even all over the BHF website pretty much listed as such)

NESBA MW seemed to be a lot of BHF days with a couple weekends away over the summer... Often at BHF those weekends too.

I really hope this isn't a permanent closure. :(
Not so much as STT locked up more like NESBA locked themselves out.

denbsteph;228346 wrote:
It's beginning to sound like a Hostile Corporation take over, some wall street stuff. I would like to hear some sort of press release or official statement on how NESBA is really holding together or falling apart. Then again, would you tell anybody you are going out of business?
You really expect communication like that?

iamnotgreg;228350 wrote:
I saw that too. Why they would post the two of those at the same time is absolutely beyond me?!?

It's time to move somewhere warmer anyway.
Because Bob is classy and that's the way he rolls.

749scott;228378 wrote:
denbsteph;228334 said:
Not even a kiss good-bye....:flipoff:
Not even the common decency to give the man a reach around

ridngsxrs

Grrrrrreat, I have a good amount of credits left too. No wonder why Midwest attendance is down, the price keeps climbing. Time to switch to motard, dirt or scooter racing.

Kegger

I dunno. Tracks expect to get paid. It weakens your track date negotiation leverage when you dont pay. To blame it on attendance of you customer base is kind of a slap in the face. I hope you can rebuild those relationships, but i doubt it.

denbsteph

"You really expect communication like that?"

Once in a while I like to stir the pot, not at the MW lost, but at management to see if anyone will bite.

"not even the common decency to give the man a reach around"

You can at least put a little vaseline on the ole penis before you screw me.

jimmeigs

Dismal way to wake up this morning and find this on my computer.

Looks like our NESBA contigent will expand at STT events.

Dammit!

Corsair

I saw the news via a post from a FB friend before I headed over here. Last year I did my intro ride @ RA in May on my RC51. Also met a couple of great people including beac. Then I did a Motovid day with Zippy sharing his GSX-R 750and I knew I was going to do this hobby in 2012. I spent the rest of the summer browsing classifieds, making spreadsheets of the "beginner" stuff I needed to get, etc. for this year. Road America and BHF are the only two tracks I can reasonably travel to without blowing all of my vacation days through the year.

I'm pissed because I was willing to put the money and time into this, but at the same time I'm relieved NESBA kept me from making a $7k investment mistake.

zxjhull

Don't know if this has been brought up or not as I have not read all of the comments. In the two years I have been with nesba the riders (which truly made nesba, well nesba I guess) managed to raise over 20,000 dollars just on the chili cook off weekends at bhf. Guess that shows how faithful we were to nesba and how much we appreciated your organization so we could enjoy some track time. Nesba claims they are a non profit organization, I dont buy that at all anymore. Maybe they where losing money in the mid west (doubt it cause all the days I went it was packed) but make up for that loss somewhere else by expanding, just like you did anyways. Could have showed us you really cared about the riders instead of throwing us under the bus and going where the money is, wait, your non profit tho...? I just really hope that the money raised by the riders at bhf, stayed at bhf (so we can enjoy the nice facility with a different organization) and not sent to expand the southeast. I believe lawyers call that embezzlement..

some guy #2

I doubt Fred or anyone else will say exactly why but bad turnout at prior years events and poor planning (how many Road America dates was that in 2011?) caused the issues I imagine.

I doubt the RA dates were even close to half full.

Trent1098S

Joe - All the airfence money went straight to BHF. I've talked to Tom about airfence stuff myself, before. The airfence fundraisers were done at NESBA events, and organized by NESBA volunteers, but the money was handed off to the track and became the tracks money.

As far as oversight, I've had friends collected by the fence, so I know the money went to the right place. :)

racer23

zxjhull;228470 wrote: Don't know if this has been brought up or not as I have not read all of the comments. In the two years I have been with nesba the riders (which truly made nesba, well nesba I guess) managed to raise over 20,000 dollars just on the chili cook off weekends at bhf. Guess that shows how faithful we were to nesba and how much we appreciated your organization so we could enjoy some track time. Nesba claims they are a non profit organization, I dont buy that at all anymore. Maybe they where losing money in the mid west (doubt it cause all the days I went it was packed) but make up for that loss somewhere else by expanding, just like you did anyways. Could have showed us you really cared about the riders instead of throwing us under the bus and going where the money is, wait, your non profit tho...? I just really hope that the money raised by the riders at bhf, stayed at bhf (so we can enjoy the nice facility with a different organization) and not sent to expand the southeast. I believe lawyers call that embezzlement..
I am insulted that you would even suggest that I would keep the cash, especially since RRW has already received and posted the amount on their website, which made Nesba Midwest the number one contributor to the RRW Action Fund. http://actionfund.roadracingworld.com/contributors/road-race/

Every single penny raised at the CCO was donated to the RRW Action Fund earmarked for BFR.

All other costs were absorbed by myself and others involved. Embezzlement.......really?

Trent1098S

SomeGuy;

Those RA dates were flippin' expensive too. I remember in '09 weekend dates were upwards of $25,000 a day. Dunno about '10. That's 2.5x as expensive as most other tracks in the region. Guess it goes without saying that NASCAR fame has it's cost.

Blackhawk gave most of the NESBA dates to car clubs this year. Motovid pretty much booked every Wednesday (and some Fridays) for motorcycles.

To all -

I'm trying to secure one of the two weekends NESBA scheduled at Blackhawk to run a private event and airfence fundraiser this year. Don't know if they've already been grabbed by other orgs yet, but I would like to continue the fundraiser tradition. I feel one weekend a year for a safety fundraiser would be supported by ALL groups - track day and racing alike - and can be done organizationally independent.

We'll see what happens.

racer23

Kegger;228429 wrote: I dunno. Tracks expect to get paid. It weakens your track date negotiation leverage when you dont pay. To blame it on attendance of you customer base is kind of a slap in the face. I hope you can rebuild those relationships, but i doubt it.
Yes they do expect to be paid, they also don't open their gates when the bill is not paid.

zxjhull

Thats some good news at least, which is what they told us it would be used for, but didn't know if that fence stayed at the track or if its something nesba brought and set up every time. Lost a lot of trust in nesba. They gonna send me my free T-shirt now that I won't be receiving it at a track day this year?!! lol

GK#103

gkotlin;228370 wrote: Perhaps things will change for the better in 2013. I've made some great friends through Nesba. That will never change. I'm very proud to have served in their ranks. I guess more road trips to other regions will have to be scheduled. We have a great dedicated staff here in the mid-west. We've served some great members. We're all volunteers. Our time was not wasted. Many riders benefited from our teaching. Many people are better safer riders as a result of our events and efforts. I'm a little sad. A little mad. A lot disappointed. Track riding for me isn't a hobby. It's a way of life. I'm really not sure how to feel.
:agree:....I will still ride with alot of my NESBA family this season. I have so many good memories from the last 10 yrs. it makes me smile eventhough i'm totally bummed :( (the whole season...really! :banghead:)

Thanks Fred for all the effort & Tons of FUN! see ya at the TRACK :). If you ever get to say it's game on, my stack of orange shirts will still be in my trailer :cool:

Trent1098S

Airfence is owned, maintained, and will stay at BHF permanently for all orgs to use.

As far as losing trust, yeah. Think we're all right there with you.

However, I have talked to Bob Blandford - personally - and I know that it wasn't an easy decision for him to make. Car clubs have more money, tracks want to make more money. Back in 2006 I could rent Autobahn for $6 grand, another two grand for corner workers and an ambulance.

Today's price? Yeah, good luck. (I actually first found NESBA when I called to rent the track at Autobahn for me and my buddies to use one weekend).

CCS even started struggling - this isn't a NESBA only thing. STT has NO Blackhawk dates on the calendar (yet, I'll probably be fighting them for one here soon).

Putnam started becoming harder to rent a couple years ago, dates started getting harder to find. There's more car clubs and private motorcycle organizations like Ducati Indy, the Corvette Club, and the Porsche club, who can afford a one-off weekend for their clientele to enjoy their expensive toys.

NESBA has historically been, in the past, a responsive organization. I remember back in 2010, I fought like hell to get an Autobahn weekend on the midwest schedule - they were all snapped up by STT in one big fell swoop. I must have put 15 calls in to Blume asking about it. We finally got one arranged, but I got injured before I could enjoy it. :(

The "behind closed doors" feeling that most members have is because most members are casual riders who pick up an occasional weekend. I'm just a member, but I've eaten breakfast, lunch, and dinner with directors, and they're just normal people like me and you. There's no grand conspiracy. Maybe got a little too big in the britches at a bad time in the economy. But nothing diabolical. Just unfortunate luck and timing.

zxjhull

thanks Trent, thats a much better way to put things into perspective than an email saying we are done with you, oh but we are expanding else ware. I admit it pissed me off and i spoke out, was not my intent to piss anybody off. Just let my feelings out.

Trent1098S

No problem dude. I posted some shit last night also that was done out of anger, so I know exactly where you're coming from. :)

A little sleep helped get my head squared away, though.

keller34

steve p;228422 wrote:
Germany;228331 said:
so are there going to be refunds for the credit that is in the account? I hardly doubt there will be a nesba event at a place I want to go, so i rather have my pennys back... which could have made some interrest...

Good luck, you'll have to get in line behind the Northwest guys who have been waiting over a year for a refund.

Wouldn't worry, South East is the chosen one, cash cow so to speak, you're golden.

Has absolutely nothing to do with exclusive agreements, more to do with upper management dropping the ball numerous times.

Don't hold your breath

Not so much as STT locked up more like NESBA locked themselves out.

You really expect communication like that?

Because Bob is classy and that's the way he rolls.

Not even the common decency to give the man a reach around
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!:wow: Literally took the words right from my mouth. Anyhow I seen this coming do its no big surprise to me, I really hope I can still ride with you folks with whoever it may be. Never a full moment in this group

j_fuggin_t

Trent1098S;228479 wrote:
To all -

I'm trying to secure one of the two weekends NESBA scheduled at Blackhawk to run a private event and airfence fundraiser this year. Don't know if they've already been grabbed by other orgs yet, but I would like to continue the fundraiser tradition. I feel one weekend a year for a safety fundraiser would be supported by ALL groups - track day and racing alike - and can be done organizationally independent.

We'll see what happens.
Please keep me in the loop on this by fb, let me know if I can help and let's aim for chili cookoff