MW Schedule

truckstop

Trent1098S;228486 wrote: CCS even started struggling - this isn't a NESBA only thing. STT has NO Blackhawk dates on the calendar (yet, I'll probably be fighting them for one here soon).
No, you won't. AFAIK, STT has no plans to be at BHF this year, and that date has already been absorbed by a group associated with the track itself.

truckstop

racer23;228477 wrote: Embezzlement.......really?
No kidding. Making that kind of accusation is pretty crappy. Whatever you guys are feeling towards the org and its management right now - the chili cook off should be left out of it.

You've defended yourself pretty clearly Fred, but as an outsider, I wanted to say THANK YOU for all the time and effort you personally put into making BHF a better place to ride for everyone.

Trent1098S

Yeah we'd be calling Jordan "Gimp" right now if it wasn't for that airfence.

Wait. We can call him Gimp anyway!

Morrand

keller34;228489 wrote: [ . . . . ] I really hope I can still ride with you folks with whoever it may be. Never a full moment in this group
I sure hope that's spell-check causing trouble for you. ;)

zxjhull;228470 wrote: I just really hope that the money raised by the riders at bhf, stayed at bhf (so we can enjoy the nice facility with a different organization) and not sent to expand the southeast. I believe lawyers call that embezzlement..
To address the other half of this (the cookoff part being pretty thoroughly answered already): if you're talking about registration fees, it's not. The big benefit of having a large organization is that the registration fees can be spread around, so when BHF is full, the surplus (if any) can go to another track that didn't fill up, and vice versa. Both tracks get paid, both stay on the schedule, both regions stay happy. That is not embezzlement, that is cooperation. And it's also how you can book dates in advance and not have to leave the track hanging on, hoping the event comes through. It also should mean better rates since there's less risk to the track.

Which just brings us back around to the larger question of whether NESBA (HQ) can make those commitments and keep them. I don't know, one way or the other. Maybe nobody outside of Mohnton does, but until they do, we're not going to be able to get tracks on favorable terms, and we're not going to be able to lock down a schedule by a reasonable date (by which I mean December-January, not July).

Trent1098S;228486 wrote:
I have talked to Bob Blandford - personally - and I know that it wasn't an easy decision for him to make. Car clubs have more money, tracks want to make more money. Back in 2006 I could rent Autobahn for $6 grand, another two grand for corner workers and an ambulance.

Today's price? Yeah, good luck. (I actually first found NESBA when I called to rent the track at Autobahn for me and my buddies to use one weekend).
But is that just a Midwest problem? Or is that more general? We don't seem to have the same problems booking dates in the eastern regions (and maybe that's just down to a longer season letting the track spread its expenses over a longer term) and it doesn't quite get around the question of why our rates couldn't just be raised to match. Granted, there's a limit to how much you can charge before people decide it's not worth it, but there's also a limit to how much the track can charge before it gets no takers and has to back off, and it seems like NESBA, with lower overhead, would be in a better position to take advantage of that.

Trent1098S;228486 wrote:
[ . . . ]The "behind closed doors" feeling that most members have is because most members are casual riders who pick up an occasional weekend. I'm just a member, but I've eaten breakfast, lunch, and dinner with directors, and they're just normal people like me and you. There's no grand conspiracy. Maybe got a little too big in the britches at a bad time in the economy. But nothing diabolical. Just unfortunate luck and timing.
I'm still not ready to put it all down to just bad luck and timing, but no, there really is no grand conspiracy involved. NESBA is, or should be, like a co-op: run by its members, for the benefit of its members, and not for any person's or group's separate interests. Having some sort of dark cabal at the core would not be compatible with that. If people are concerned that one exists or is forming, that's healthy, and the task is then to do what's needed (short of giving away tactical details and other properly secret stuff) to show there isn't one. It would have been nice to hear, officially, that the region was in trouble before it closed, ideally with some indication of what was needed to get it out of trouble. Dropping the bomb like this, especially in conjunction with the announcement about opening up at two new tracks (which suggests a connection that may not exist), is poor handling at least.

NESBA can keep its refunds; I'm not cancelling my membership. Part of it's still residual loyalty to something I've been involved with for eight years, part out of the slim hope that conditions will improve for 2013 (or even, if the stars align, for late 2012), part out of vanity for having a 4-digit member number, and part out of the hope to visit one of the Southern tracks during the year. But mainly, it's due to the fact that--fair warning--holding membership gives me some license to keep bitching about how things are run until conditions improve. Anyone else who's dropping out ought to take that into consideration.

j_fuggin_t

Ugh.. stupid accusation to even imply. Fred is a great guy and om happy to call him a friend.

That airfence saved gigello's life

Germany

steve p;228422 wrote:
Germany;228331 said:
so are there going to be refunds for the credit that is in the account? I hardly doubt there will be a nesba event at a place I want to go, so i rather have my pennys back... which could have made some interrest...

Good luck, you'll have to get in line behind the Northwest guys who have been waiting over a year for a refund.
Steve qouted me... I feel honored!!! :adore:

lol Miss ya Steve!

fitz

zxjhull;228470 wrote: I just really hope that the money raised by the riders at bhf, stayed at bhf (so we can enjoy the nice facility with a different organization) and not sent to expand the southeast. I believe lawyers call that embezzlement..
I'm not as articulate as Trent, so I'll just say it in my own words: That is one asshole thing to say. :wow:

lplonske

fitz;228519 wrote: I'm not as articulate as Trent, so I'll just say it in my own words: That is one asshole thing to say. :wow:
i really don't think he was accusing anyone, all he said was "i sope the money stayed at bfr" people may be misplacing their anger a bit.

also, this blows really bad, i guess my biggest problem is the logic that zero dates are better than 1-2 per track. this doesn't compute. 3 nesba weekends and a chili cookoff are better than nothing right?

btw i have $420 in credits, make offer! if i don't sell em i guess i'll road trip it to putnam, or is that in the widwest region too?

stkr

Trent1098S;228502 wrote: Yeah we'd be calling Jordan "Gimp" right now if it wasn't for that airfence.

Wait. We can call him Gimp anyway!
Trent: let me know if you need any help with the CCO stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_fuggin_t

lplonske;228526 wrote: i really don't think he was accusing anyone, all he said was "i sope the money stayed at bfr" people may be misplacing their anger a bit.

also, this blows really bad, i guess my biggest problem is the logic that zero dates are better than 1-2 per track. this doesn't compute. 3 nesba weekends and a chili cookoff are better than nothing right?

btw i have $420 in credits, make offer! if i don't sell em i guess i'll road trip it to putnam, or is that in the widwest region too?
putnam is a midwest track, mcra or STT if you want to ride there ;) and.. i'll see you there i guess :)

algreen

FWIW - I felt immediately welcomed, and improved my riding immensely last season while making great friends I will keep for a while. Sorry we won't be riding together this summer with NESBA. Glad I just bought a dirtbike! :)

Kegger

Wow. Accusations of embezzlement? I think even people that have only met Fred for 5 minutes can surmise that that is not the case. Thanks for all your hard work Fred!

Supergirl

truckstop;228501 wrote:

You've defended yourself pretty clearly Fred, but as an outsider, I wanted to say THANK YOU for all the time and effort you personally put into making BHF a better place to ride for everyone.
Couldn't have said it better myself!!
Fred is an outstanding director, with safety in mind in the first place, and making an even enjoyable for everybody else!!

THANK YOU FRED for all that you have done in the MidWest. Thank you for running great events and especially for putting a lot of that air fence in place, from all the donations!!

It just can't stop amazing me that people think a director is the owner.

You guys gotta think higher up the chain, and tear somebody else up!

It's like yelling at a waiter that the food is stale...

Kegger;228544 wrote:
Wow. Accusations of embezzlement? I think even people that have only met Fred for 5 minutes can surmise that that is not the case. Thanks for all your hard work Fred!
Agreed!!

naperkin

Control Rider
All,

While I was not planning on doing many track days in the midwest this year (moved), I know this will affect many of you. I'm sorry to hear about that.

First and foremost, I’d like to thank Fred for running a great organization in the Midwest. As I got to know him, Fred has always been a straight up guy, loves riding, and does everything he can to make sure that all of us have a safe and fun time at the track. Please keep in mind, while he isn’t posting on the forums much, I’m guessing this is harder on him than anyone else.

I’d also like to thank all of the CRs for the advice, time and effort the put into making us better riders.

And finally, the rest of the members. I’ve made some great friends through this community.

So, if have some holes in your planned track schedule, let me know. There’s always the fly and ride at Laguna. I have an extra bike…

And I am serious about that offer, just let me know.

apch8r

j_fuggin_t;228538 wrote: putnam is a midwest track, mcra or STT if you want to ride there ;) and.. i'll see you there i guess :)
Moto Series has events at Putnam also this season FYI, including three other tracks in the midwest.. I never thought I would see NESBA pull out of this area, considering how many events they have had at putnam and Beaver Run in the past. Wish you guys the best of luck with your expansion down south.

gkotlin

Kegger;228544 wrote: Wow. Accusations of embezzlement? I think even people that have only met Fred for 5 minutes can surmise that that is not the case. Thanks for all your hard work Fred!
Wow. You know.... I know people are unhappy. I'm not happy. But Fred has donated every summer weekend for like 11 years to this club! I know for a fact, that he has PUT HIS PERSONAL MONEY INTO THIS CLUB TO HELP! Fred and the rest of us staff are just so friggin' loaded that we love spending our personal money on gas, travel, food, riding in the rain, snow, hail whatever. :rolleyes: Riding when everyone wants to go home. Skipping family functions to ensure events are staffed. Committing to going to nearly every darn event so our members get consistent assistance and a welcome smiling face at events. Getting up at 6:30 on Saturday and Sunday! No matter how friggin' tired you are from riding on the day before. Trust me, I'm not a morning person. Spending all our vacation days to staff the weekeday events. Twice as much bike maintenance. NOW YOUR GOING TO POSSIBLY ACCUSE THIS HARD WORKING DEDICATED STAFF THAT I CALL MY FAMILY! The first time I car pooled with Wink and Hix, it was clear how dedicated these people are to making sure events happen for all of you. I never saw them except at dinner. They're always working! Don't get me wrong, we get free track time. :rolleyes: Big whoopty doo!!!! If this is the general feeling of members, please let me know so I can sell my bikes and gear. Thanks for making some of the hardest working people and myself feel like crap! Building relationships with vendors and companies. Gathering give away's for of season gatherings and the Chili Cook Off. I just sit around all day and my cell phone is free. So hey, I had nothing better to do right. Not For Profit? I'm sick of people hiding behind that as a defense for nothing to complain about Nesba. If Nesba was for profit would that have changed anything NO.

To my staff: (I call you mine because I'm a group captain haha. So you were mine!)
I'm so proud that I'm given the opportunity to wear that silly orange shirt. IT MEANT SO MUCH TO ME! When it was offered to me, I tried to return it after my first day because I thought I was just helping out for the day. To have it bestowed upon me was an honor! One that unfortunately many members will not understand or experience. I"M VERY LUCKY to have been a part of it. As a group captain, I LOVE MY STAFF. I KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE GIVEN. I KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE LOST. We've stopped on our way home to visit each other in the hospital on our way home after the bad days. Because YES, this gets a little dangerous some times. We've become friends and we talk regularly all year long away from the track. Many of you come by my home and are welcomed in. Hell Jordan is at my house when I'm not sometimes! Together over the years you've come to my need and helped more then once when I was down and out for so many reasons. We've shared smiles, laughter and some great times and stories. On more then one occasion I've been given a hug by my staff when it was needed. We've shared tears in the hard times as well. I'm not so proud that I can't say it. I've had complete strangers make gestures of kindness to me just because I wore that stupid shirt. With it came great responsibility.

One of my favorite memories of dedication of what these people mean and stand for. We're at Putnam and had a crash that spilled oil on the track. It then started to rain. I asked for volunteers of staff to come out and test the track with me. Kim, Nolan, Me, Dave Cole and one other individual who's name escapes me now. They came and volunteered. We told Kim she didn't need to go. She looked me straight in the face and said "I'm going! If you expect members to ride out there, Then I'm not sitting this out. The crap duty comes with the good duty." Some of us were still on slicks! We went out, the first lap slow to sight it. The next lap at speed. If I or the rider ahead of each person went down, everyone else was to bail off track and stay safe. We ALL ran the 2 laps. It was good, grip was fine, no one slid even a little and we led our group out.

THESE ARE THE TYPE OF INDIVIDUALS THAT MAKE ME PROUD TO WEAR THAT STUPID SHIRT! THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING MY PEERS, SUPPORTERS AND FAMILY WHEN I NEEDED YOU. I'D HAVE QUIT MULTIPLE TIMES IF NOT FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT. I TRULY LOVE YOU ALL AND REGION OR NOT WE ARE ALL STILL TRACK RIDERS AND SOME FUCKIN' AWESOME PEOPLE AT HEART. A small group of people hand picked and usually home grown from our own ranks. Nothing anyone posts, insinuates or infers will ever change that in my mind.

NESBA B GROUP CAPTAIN
GREG KOTLINSKI
HOME GROWN NESBA MIDWEST
IMPORTED NESBA MID-CENTRAL
FOREVER THANKFUL TO THOSE THAT CAME BEFORE ME. TAUGHT ME. BELIEVED IN ME. WELCOMED ME IN THE OTHER REGIONS AND THOSE OF YOU THAT MADE ME THE RIDER I AM TODAY. I WOULD NOT BE HERE IF IT WASN'T FOR EACH OF YOU.

RAWR!!!!

Corn Fed

Very disapointed. Got back on a bike with NESBA and think the NESBA track day is great, the best structure, best instruction and best people. Will miss it. Thanks to Fred and all the CR's for their work and assistance in the Midwest.

stkr

I don't have the cool story like Greg, but I'm glad to have had the chance to wear that orange shirt this year and be able to help at least a few people.

I too tried to give the shirt back to Fred, but he said "just hang onto it". I couldn't have been more proud, but at the same time, I wondered if I was actually worthy of being a CR. not knowing if I would be able to help others like I hoped I could.

Now, my little orange shirt is sitting in the garage, still cut up from where the EMT's cut it off of me on Sept 4th. I remember laying in the grass in pain and all I kept wondering was if I had managed to NOT hit the B-group guy I was working with. I was so damn relieved when Fred told me I had not.

I gave everything I could to NESBA trying to give back what I had been given. Hell, I even gave up my spleen for them. LOL

I will truly miss the members, the staff, my fellow CR's. In other words, all of my NESBA friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zxjhull

At no point did I accuse Fred Duncan for anything, Im sure he is just as upset about this decision as everybody else and tried everything to keep it going. Im sure there is people above Fred that ultimately made the final decision. Yes I wanted to know that the money stayed there, Trent clarified that for me. Yeah, I could have handled it differently but I acted out of anger due to getting two emails. One saying they're shutting us down and another saying they're expanding. Feel like that could have been handled a lot better too, how were people suppose to take that?!

Nesba is/was an outstanding organization and I loved going to the track with them, they taught me a lot in a short amount of time. Which is another reason Im so upset they canned us. I do hope to ride with the nesba members again (if they dont want to club me) but unfortunately it will not be with nesba.

Fred, Im sorry I offended you directly, was not my intent.

Thank you to the two people that defended me.