New Transfer Rules

BigBird

if the fees are based on costs for time, then make a webpage where members can do it themselves. Pretty easy solution. Webpage would allow seller to log in to their account, then enter buyer/receipent member #, amount to transfer and done. I really never understood or embraced the whole email transfer credit thing. We are in the 21st century.

fitz

When you fly with an airline there is no changing your flight or giving your seat to someone else. I used to enjoy flying till they took just about everything away and what they didn't they make you pay for. So when I first started doing trackdays I was surprised that you could transfer credits or sell your trackdays at all. I remember thinking WOW how cool is NESBA, comparing them to the airlines I really appreciated what they did for us.

Me, I suppose I was looking forward to signing up for the whole year because I had planned on it for so long, but things change and NOT spending a butt load of money is probably a good thing.

Looking at the big picture these changes are minor, we can still transfer credits (at a cost) and sell our trackdays, only the future can tell if trackdays in general will end up like the airlines. And if that does happen I will be :( because now I drive everywhere.

fitz

smileblue27

When it rains it pours...just woke up to 3.50 gas prices. Now losing 30% of NESBA credit value and expiration time, put off buying my oil and just saw it went up 9 bucks, my vehicle insurance went up, and once again my pay will be frozen for the 5th straight year. That being said....I am SO ready to go racing!! WSB this weekend lets do a BBQ at my house.....anyone in Charlotte? BYOCW (Bring your own chicken wings)

RADAR Magnet

I'm a noob and am still trying to figure out all of the ins and outs of transfers but a 15% penalty for making a couple of data entries seems excessive. Maybe NESBA could speak to this and clarify any misconceptions about the rationale; or maybe they say everyone has it right and that's just the way it is or they're rethinking it. Either way it's better than saying nothing and allowing the chance for frustration to build to the point that members become disaffected and switch to clubs with friendlier policies and more fulsome schedules. I know this makes me think twice about signing up for a season's worth of days.

jcrich

I have to believe that they have implemented this policy for a reason. The most obvious reason to me would be the high number of transfer requests that come in. Yes it may only take a couple of data entries, but maybe this is happening at a rate that NESBA Customer Svc is doing this to the distraction of getting other things done. Another reason might be this is being abused in some manner like continually transferring credits to avoid the expiration dates.

To the person concerned about the fee in the event of a serious injury, that is addressed in the new Rule Book. Oh you haven't read the new Rule Book, you would just rather come here and moan about it before looking to see if it addressed. Here let me help you.

“*Under certain

circumstance (i.e. a serious injury to a member) NESBA may allow the

transfer of credits from one member to another without surcharge.

Contact info@nesba.com for details.”
And now the one we have been waiting for, getting screwed by NESBA. So you buy $500 worth of credits and receive $575 worth of credit. Look at that a FREE $75 in credit. But wait, for some reason I have to transfer these credits. Oh noes NESBA is going to charge 15%. Why that is $75, that FREE $75 dollars I received for................nothing. So please explain to me how you got screwed. You got something for free and now you have to give it back. Y'all have a strange way of interpreting things to me.

KBacon

I'm pretty sure that it's punishment... Or deterrent if you will??? I'm sure that there were people out there abusing the system... So this is what they felt they needed to do... Just like over on the WERA classifieds... People were abusing the privilege... And now everyone is paying for it...

I too think that the fees are a bit on the high side... But I also don't buy blocks of credits at one time... I buy a track day when the schedule & $$$ allows... And have had to sell one day due to mechanical issues... But at least I was able to recoup some of my $$$... Instead of losing it all!!! But I think I'd be a little upset if I'd lost another $25-40 for a "pocessing" fee...

Blinky

So another one defending the math of NESBA. If you can't transfer the 75 bucks, hey its lost so all you have is 500 bucks. Thats if you buy the bulk credit from NESBA. SO if you have 200 bucks of credits (Typical track day cost) you can only sell 170 credits for about 144.50 at a 15% discount. (thats the more realistic math JC) And will NESBA credit you if you are injured somewhere else while not on the track. Please ask that... Another assumption of injury, and it states (MAY ALLOW) as in serious injury is still discretionary!! And lastly dude, its peoples opinions stated on a "forum" designed for that purpose, its not moaning noob!

Some people have astrange way of interpreting SIMPLE math and english!!

Donnyballgame

OK, so after three pages of reading, I did not see the third scenerio. NESBA probably wants my money. They do not want me to buy Joe's credits to help him out. They want me to buy my own credits to get more cash flow. If I buy somebody else's credits, NESBA's bank account does not increase. If I buy my own, they now have my money and still retain Joe's money. Not saying I agree with it, just one more way to do the math.

jcrich

Well I guess the only way I would see your equation
SO if you have 200 bucks of credits (Typical track day cost) you can only sell 170 credits for about 144.50 at a 15% discount. (thats the more realistic math JC)
realistically is if you routinely remove your shoes and socks to supplement your fingers in doing math.

Using your example above, you only get an additional 15% credit when you buy in blocks of $500. In your scenario you paid $200 for a day. You take the hit for transferring the credit ($30). You can not buy a $200 credit and get an additional 15% credit. Why are you tacking on an additional 15% discount? Sell your spot for $200, you take the hit and move on. So you are either extremely generous or what?
As far as whether or not they give you a credit when you get hurt at your job or whatever. I don't know. I would expect this would only apply to something related to a crash at an event. You getting hurt at your job has nothing to do with NESBA.

I guess in closing much like the "country lawyer" geekmug, if you do not like the policies, the door is there on the left. Nothing stopping you from walking through it.

rac_wv

jcrich;174202 wrote:
.... If you do not wish to participate, then do not. It is really that simple. If you enjoy the way the track days are run, enjoy the people you meet, and everything else we like about this club you will adapt. If not you will move on.
jcrich;174347 wrote:

....... I guess in closing much like the "country lawyer" geekmug, if you do not like the policies, the door is there on the left. Nothing stopping you from walking through it.
Wow dude you're ridiculous. These folks are participating, they are participating in a discussion about the new policy. If everyone thought like you, our forefathers would have just paid the stamp tax, poll tax, and tea tax or moved to another country. There is no bend over or GTFO mentality with NESBA that I am aware of.

fitz

jcrich;174347 wrote: Why are you tacking on an additional 15% discount? Sell your spot for $200, you take the hit and move on.
Why would someone buy $200 in credits from someone at face value when they could just simply buy the trackday from NESBA?

JC I admire your passion for NESBA but please don't make the mistake in assuming the rest of us don't share in that passion just because we discuss the new policies.

fitz

smileblue27

jcrich;174347 wrote: I guess in closing much like the "country lawyer" geekmug, if you do not like the policies, the door is there on the left. Nothing stopping you from walking through it.
:rolleyes: seriously?

Blinky

jcrich;174347 wrote: Well I guess the only way I would see your equation realistically is if you routinely remove your shoes and socks to supplement your fingers in doing math.

Using your example above, you only get an additional 15% credit when you buy in blocks of $500. In your scenario you paid $200 for a day. You take the hit for transferring the credit ($30). You can not buy a $200 credit and get an additional 15% credit. Why are you tacking on an additional 15% discount? Sell your spot for $200, you take the hit and move on. So you are either extremely generous or what?.

Seriously? The standard is to give a discount of 15% to 20% off their credits so people will buy them, otherwise they will buy straight from NESBA. But this way, people will not have to spend 500 bucks everytime just to do a few track days. Add this to the new additional 15% that NESBA now takes is how we come up with the figures. SO if you want to take your socks off to count be my guest. Or do you want to be the Noob to try and sell 200 credits for 200 dollars? Oh thats right you would be selling 170 credits for 200.

rk97

pefrey;174160 wrote: I don't like it, but I understand it. The aftermarket credit business is booming and it has to be very time consuming for NESBA with no benefit.
It also prevents 2 people from buddying up and making sure their credits never expire by passing them back and forth (for free) just before the expiration date indefinitely.

I don't love it, but I understand it.

jcrich

These folks are participating, they are participating in a discussion about the new policy. If everyone thought like you, our forefathers would have just paid the stamp tax, poll tax, and tea tax or moved to another country.
LOL, your statement reminds of John Belusi talking about the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor in Animal House. Sorry.

Why would someone buy $200 in credits from someone at face value when they could just simply buy the trackday from NESBA?
JC I admire your passion for NESBA but please don't make the mistake in assuming the rest of us don't share in that passion just because we discuss the new policies.
Let's not conflate credits with buying an actual track day spot which is what you have done above. 2 separate things. Please do not assume that this is "my passion for NESBA" My comments here are merely my opinion related to the comments and attitudes displayed by others.

Seriously? The standard is to give a discount of 15% to 20% off their credits so people will buy them, otherwise they will buy straight from NESBA

Where is this imaginary discount of 15-20% coming from? Your standard? They will buy what from NESBA? In your example you used $200. The only way to obtain a 15% add to your credits is to buy $500 worth of credit. I'm using your example. No other organization that I have ridden with allows you to convert a track day into credits. You either ride, sell you spot, or you get nothing. I guess one solution here is to stop with the 15% credit add since it seems to devalue the credits forcing you to think you have to discount them when you try to sell them, beside the added 15% that NESBA will take to effect the transfer. The ultimate solution in my opinion is to eliminate credits all together. Ride, sell the spot, or you eat it. That is the way it used to be.

:rolleyes:seriously?

Yep, seriously. You all make this sound like it is the end of the world. If it upsets you( not you personally, but the collective you) this much, which for some folks it apparently does, I do not know how you (collectively) will ever be able to reconcile with the fact that some believe NESBA is screwing them and would be able to ride with an organization that they believe is wronging them this badly.

I am done with this. Hopefully someone from NESBA will come by and explain their reasoning for this decision.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I personnaly think the charge is a bit excessive. I have bought quite a few credits from other members in my tenure. I have used every credit I have bought.

If there are people out there passing credits back and forth, limit the sale of credits to a one-time transfer. Problem solved.

I think that if the "Restocking Fee" were at a more reasonable 5%, without the other restrictions, this thread probably wouldn't have grown so much. I still haven't ridden with any other organization up to this point and don't plan to. However, it seems like Nesba has started down a path that is far from the club I started with 7 years ago.

By the way, where the hell is Dutch and when is he coming back to straighten all this shit out? We miss you buddy!

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
jcrich;174414 wrote: Where is this imaginary discount of 15-20% coming from?
I believe he is referring to the discount that the selling member gives to the buyer when we sell our credits. I would not even entertain buying creidts from another member unless there is a 15% discount given. Some are considerably more, which is when I jump on them. I've gotten credits from a couple guys at 25% off the original face value. Granted, they may not be $500 worth, but the value is still there.

BigBird

Donnyballgame;174341 wrote: OK, so after three pages of reading, I did not see the third scenerio. NESBA probably wants my money. They do not want me to buy Joe's credits to help him out. They want me to buy my own credits to get more cash flow. If I buy somebody else's credits, NESBA's bank account does not increase. If I buy my own, they now have my money and still retain Joe's money. Not saying I agree with it, just one more way to do the math.
i agree that is probably a motivation for this new policy, but after the first time you lose out 33% on a transfer (paypal fees), how many times are you going to buy a day in advance and not the last minute? :(

borgNSR

Which are we now: members or customers?

Lucky this is just a policy which can and should be revisited and revised. There are no indications to the membership that a problem existed before the change, and no comment from NESBA directors in this thread (besides a clarification of the accounting). It is of ZERO benefit to members.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Thunderace;174416 wrote: I personnaly think the charge is a bit excessive. I have bought quite a few credits from other members in my tenure. I have used every credit I have bought.

If there are people out there passing credits back and forth, limit the sale of credits to a one-time transfer. Problem solved.

I think that if the "Restocking Fee" were at a more reasonable 5%, without the other restrictions, this thread probably wouldn't have grown so much. I still haven't ridden with any other organization up to this point and don't plan to. However, it seems like Nesba has started down a path that is far from the club I started with 7 years ago.

By the way, where the hell is Dutch and when is he coming back to straighten all this shit out? We miss you buddy!
Good post :agree: