No Putnam??? No SED's???

wally509

apologies

Well guys, I must apologize for jinxing Putnam. When I signed up for the October Putnam last year I decided to do the "get $575 of credits for $500" thing. Through a mixup, my credit card got charged twice. NESBA offered to refund me but I told them to just leave it...that I would just use them all up at Putnam next year!

Now I have over a grand in credit that expire in a years time. No Putnam, I'm not really interested in RA and I'm not going to just run Blackhawk over and over. I guess a couple of my friends are getting free days at BHF.

Sorry about that.

Hitman954

j_fuggin_t;178864 wrote:

I'm sure that more than 90% of midwest members share my view.. not to mention 90% of them know me personally
LOL are you a government official? that's a bold statement with no research. I must be a 1% LOL And I dont claim to actually "know" you. I useally just say, "he's that crazy guy that really likes cows, not to sure about him" lol

Matt

wally509;178929 wrote: Well guys, I must apologize for jinxing Putnam. When I signed up for the October Putnam last year I decided to do the "get $575 of credits for $500" thing. Through a mixup, my credit card got charged twice. NESBA offered to refund me but I told them to just leave it...that I would just use them all up at Putnam next year!

Now I have over a grand in credit that expire in a years time. No Putnam, I'm not really interested in RA and I'm not going to just run Blackhawk over and over. I guess a couple of my friends are getting free days at BHF.

Sorry about that.

Wally, you gotta try Road America!!! and blackhawk is home! don't skip, come on out!

j_fuggin_t

Hitman954;178932 wrote: LOL are you a government official? that's a bold statement with no research. I must be a 1% LOL And I dont claim to actually "know" you. I useally just say, "he's that crazy guy that really likes cows, not to sure about him" lolLOL.. so your ok w/ not having any putnam dates w/ nesba?

Matt;178943 wrote:
Wally, you gotta try Road America!!! and blackhawk is home! don't skip, come on out!
:agree: BHF is a home away from home

eE jeremy

I know our midwest schedule isn't the best but I still managed to slip 6 nesba days into my schedule this year, when I had a choice I went nesba, when I didn't, i went with the other guys. Hopefully next years schedule is better but this year still worked out pretty good for me, 5 different tracks and 16 events, can't complain about that!

Hitman954

j_fuggin_t;178954 wrote: LOL.. so your ok w/ not having any putnam dates w/ nesba?

:agree: BHF is a home away from home
I'm kinda eehh. The way I look at it is I will be riding, you can put me at Jennings in Fl or Road America in WI either way I'm riding and thankful of that. I understand not having Putnam since its in your back yard. Autobahn is in my backyard and I havn't ridden there in two years. Basically because nesba doesn't ride there. No harm no foul, I still ride. That's just how I look at things. I do hope we get Putnam back next year, I do love that track, and it seems 89.6378% of the midwest wants it back too. ;)

and you know I like messin with you :D

j_fuggin_t

Hitman954;178978 wrote: I'm kinda eehh. The way I look at it is I will be riding, you can put me at Jennings in Fl or Road America in WI either way I'm riding and thankful of that. I understand not having Putnam since its in your back yard. Autobahn is in my backyard and I havn't ridden there in two years. Basically because nesba doesn't ride there. No harm no foul, I still ride. That's just how I look at things. I do hope we get Putnam back next year, I do love that track, and it seems 89.6378% of the midwest wants it back too. ;)

and you know I like messin with you :D
i understand your point.. but now i've gotten to the point that if i just ride with nesba i wont ride at all, i can only do a couple of the days w/ road america & the bhf i can do no problem, but variety is nice, granted i'd rather it be me getting smoked by hix, trank, palella etc.. because in the end that will make me a faster rider, but i guess it is what it is

beac83

I'm not the biggest fan of Blackhawk, either. Maybe because I've had issues there in the past. I really like Putnam's flow and grip. It's pavement is very smooth, too.

However, new season, new approach, new ways to learn. I'll make the best of it.

What do you do to pass the time on the straights at Road America?

barrysuperhawk

There's another problem with the Jinxieness... EVERY SINGLE TIME I have tried to ride BHF, I have failed, miserably, utterly, and decisively. Twice I have been laid off from jobs directly before the scheduled track days, and once, when I actually made it up there, First it friggin SNOWED on us, then my motel lost my reservation and I had to stay all the friggin way down in LASALLE, then on Sunday, it was still cold as hell and the GF was sick and wanted to go home... So as far as I am concerned BHF may be home to y'all but I am scared to death of it....

j_fuggin_t

beac83;179037 wrote:
However, new season, new approach, new ways to learn. I'll make the best of it.

What do you do to pass the time on the straights at Road America?
amen brotha!!! as far as the straights go.. umm.. think about how bad ass the carousel is lol

thumpin250

I've been putting off going as well barry. Something abuot the place is putting me off. Though i said to myself, Spanky, your going to go there, and your going to race there, and your going to survive the it, and get over the fact that it's so short. ;)

steve p

barrysuperhawk;179044 wrote: There's another problem with the Jinxieness... EVERY SINGLE TIME I have tried to ride BHF, I have failed, miserably, utterly, and decisively. Twice I have been laid off from jobs directly before the scheduled track days, and once, when I actually made it up there, First it friggin SNOWED on us, then my motel lost my reservation and I had to stay all the friggin way down in LASALLE, then on Sunday, it was still cold as hell and the GF was sick and wanted to go home... So as far as I am concerned BHF may be home to y'all but I am scared to death of it....
Barry, You ever want to try BHF again and have problems let me know, I'm not too far from the track.

barrysuperhawk

steve p;179052 wrote: Barry, You ever want to try BHF again and have problems let me know, I'm not too far from the track.
I probably will give'er another try, if for no other reason than it's 'baout the only choice within [my] driving distance.

RubberSideDown

racer23;172358 wrote: We are still working to try and secure a couple of Putnam dates, I wish I had more info, but we ARE still hopeful.
Hey Fred any new on adding SED's at any tracks? My impression is that at this point you cannot change any of the current events to an SED since you would be eliminating 2 run groups.

Trent1098S

Christan;169777 wrote: Point taken but, it's Road America.
steve p;169789 wrote: One of my least favorites in the country.
Same here. That f'n chicane still talks to me every morning when I take my first steps of the day. :banghead:

MadViking;169901 wrote:
I was under the impression everyone loved that track and there are no safety issues that I am aware of, so that is unfortunate.
About Putnam.. be careful with that mindset MadViking. You can't go to a track thinking it's safe, just because it's in the middle of an open field. Turn 10 at Putnam is *the* most dangerous corner at any track in the Midwest. Right at the apex, you're pointed directly at ARMCO, with no soft barriers or runoff room (tires are not a soft barrier...). Tuck the front, clip the curbing, or (worse) lose the rear on the drive to the front straight and highside there, and there is absolutely nothing to stop your body from impacting a hard barrier at 60-70mph.

So, 90% of Putnam is safe. That last corner, not so much.

racer23

As of this point, there are no SED's on the horizon for 2011.
However, we are sold on the concept, and when our schedule improves we will be continuing with SED's.

RubberSideDown;179435 wrote: Hey Fred any new on adding SED's at any tracks? My impression is that at this point you cannot change any of the current events to an SED since you would be eliminating 2 run groups.

thumpin250

I very much like the chicane at Road America. Lets me rub my toes on the pavement and pass a bunch of folks......makes me :D