RIP Abraham Stacey

bodell

I just returned from the wake this evening. It is amazing how many lives Abe touched. There was a two hour line of friends and family waiting to see him.

Abe was in full leathers beside his bike and proud display of trophies. On top of his tank was his WERA 750 Championship trophy with a yellow Dunlop Champions hat.

The crowd was filled with red eyes and Southern Motor Sports shirts. I noticed race numbers beside some of the names in the register, so I followed suit.

It was a racer's funeral. It suited him.

I am including a photo of the sticker I was given by one of Abe's buddies. I put it where I would see it.

picture.php

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Sounds like the gathering was a great and fitting tribute to Abe and his life.

DFlowe

I was introduced to Abe by Moonbeam and he treated me like he had known me all his life; my sincerest condolences to all of his family and friends. I know that words don't help very much, but Abe will be missed.

TDA

That is horrible news! I just found out about this. I helped him out at NJMP when his pit crew didn't show. He was a great guy and my thoughts are with his family and girlfriend.....
I'm glad he had a tribute and so many friends there for him. He will be missed.

PITZER

It is amazing the mark that some people leave in your life.

I said good-bye to a very good friend yesterday for the last time. The wait line at the funeral home was over 2 hours long and whole time I was waiting to get to the family, I was doing mental reflections of the great times I had with Abe Stacey. He was defiantly a one of a kind individual.

I have spent many weekends with him at the track over the past 6 years and I can’t think of one time that I ever saw him down. He was always cutting up or spouting off one liners. I have laughed at him and with him to the point of crying. I couldn’t begin count the laps that I have chased him around the race track. I remember the times we spent at the IMS shows this past winter and all the antics that took place at the events.

Abe had the natural ability to attract people and mesmerize them with his stories or humor or it could have been his backwoods-redneck accent, and they were just trying to figure out what he was saying, Either way they were defiantly smiling when they walked away from him. I remember having dinner one night while we were in DC, with a group of people and Abe was telling stories, cracking on everyone at the table, especially Blume, I guess the overwhelming laughing got the attention of the people around us, because everyone seemed to be looking at us or Abe in particular. Abe noticed that his audience had grown, so he turns to a table beside us and asked the ladies sitting there, if they had ever heard of Abe Stacey. They looked puzzled and said no. Abe proceeded to tell them he was a famous motorcycle racer and was on TV. They started laughing at him. Abe pulls out his phone and shows them an interview he did with OTT months earlier. The ladies started asking him questions about the sport of motorcycle racing, Abe told them every detail, adding his comical spin on it. Within minutes he had the whole table laughing hysterically.

I would have to say that one of the best memories I have of Abe, is one day in the hotel room we are getting ready to go to the convention center and everyone is getting ready. I notice Abe is standing there ironing his boxer shorts.

I feel honored to have known Abe Stacey. You will always be with me, my friend.

Fatboy

This weekend @ Barber was just not the same. Abe was just simply good people and you will be greatly missed my friend! We have lost to many riders this year, some we have known well others not at all, but Abes passing is just the worst. Thoughts and prayers to all friends and family.

COOLTOY

Ironing his boxer shorts, hanging at the track, walking the streets of D.C. lost, or just hanging out taking it easy and enjoying good company, Abe was always good fun and a good person to be with. It is no wonder that he had so many friends show to say their last goodbyes.

We have all been blessed to have known Abe and to spend time with him! These are special moments that have helped us all see a little clearer and know the difference between enjoying life and struggling through it.

Thanks for sharing the great memories and for each of you who took the time to comment. These things help each of us in one way or another to be thankful for the wonderful experience we have had to know Abraham Stacey.

Take care my friend! Can't wait to see you again.

SHORTY

moonbeam

Just got back from the celabration of Abe's life today. Me and Dave Brown went down to see Abe off today. It was a very emotional service .We saw a lot of his friends , and fellow racers . All the stories echoed the same, he was one of a kind . If more poeple were like Abe what a wonderful place this would be . He touched so many poeple with his smile and charm , how could you not like being around him. Dave and I talked about what a special person he was , and like everybody that met Abe , I will never forget him.

Good bless you Abe , and thanks for the memories
you are #:first:
Moonbeam

mfoster

Like to say today it was hard to go to work in the shop but once i got there it was hard to leave. A true friend indeed. I know i will see you again, until then ride hard. Thanks to all his friends who could make it and to the ones who could not. I'll be seeing you next year . God Bless