Road A Back Straight Speed I group.

Meat

Many people come off like jerks on forums. I am the opposite. I am sweet and lovable on the forum. Kind of like a hippy.

And AU_R1, and any other armed service folks....Thank you for my freedom insurance.

sheepofblue

AU_R1;64355 wrote: ...
Edit: Having a highly competitive personality I can't imagine I'd have near as much fun riding in a group where I consistently got passed like I was standing still. Hence the reason I don't sign up for A group with STT and presently have to desire to be bumped with NESBA. That is pretty much the totality of my reasoning for starting this whole shebang. I suppose that declaring that anyone who doesn't have the gonads to pin it all the way down the back straight shouldn't be in I group might not have been the best idea.
I can't bring myself to say that anyone riding in I group shouldn't at least have the desire to get to a point where they can.
One year the fastest lap I had at Barber was following a CR on his WIFE's Ninja 650 and I was letting off in the straights so I didn't pass him with the RC. But by doing so I was gaining a marker for corner speed which is what I lacked. There are many approaches that will teach you something. If you get passed by an oil burner try giving him a straight before you repass (many will run off and leave you if you do). You will find it a lot of fun and you can pick up a bit of corner speed that you might have been missing since you are focusing so hard on speed and late braking :dunno: I have found that if I learn the smaller bikes lines I can use them for the most part and still point and shoot a bit with the RC torque which gives me an edge at times, and opens up passing lanes :box:

Ruhe52

OK AU I read the post and while knowing you had no intent to start the riot that it ended up being I have to admit you might very well have come off as a Monster sized Ricardo.
That said know you didn't mean to. Just know that people are going to read this stuff and go with their gut. If they are already a little angry to begin with guess what they are going to be PO'd by the end. You probably should have just let it go after the first post. The STT guys get real defensive in the NESBA fast STT slow posts.
Oh well interesting to see such controversy and I didn't start it. Sort of fun riding the bench on that one. I think one more FU post and you'll be set. NESBIANS would have reacted in the same way if you were a STT rider posting the same stuff here. Oh well live and learn.

Meat you are a friggin hippie get your hair cut before your next trackday.

Teamck16

Edit: Having a highly competitive personality I can't imagine I'd have near as much fun riding in a group where I consistently got passed like I was standing still. Hence the reason I don't sign up for A group with STT and presently have to desire to be bumped with NESBA. That is pretty much the totality of my reasoning for starting this whole shebang. I suppose that declaring that anyone who doesn't have the gonads to pin it all the way down the back straight shouldn't be in I group might not have been the best idea. I can't bring myself to say that anyone riding in I group shouldn't at least have the desire to get to a point where they can.
Since everybody loves everybody here, I'll put my two cents in. It's riding in a higher group that makes you faster and there by, MORE COMPETATIVE. I don't mind getting passed by a faster rider because I know that I will be there before long. Its also helps me keep my head in check. My times dropped when I made the jump to intermediate, even though I'm not the fastest one out there.

Folly1

Few know that the funniest and fastest talking ASS Director in the entire NESBIAN galaxy is a Vet hisownself. Thank you for your service Mr. DJ., to our Country and to us.

Ben.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
jra;64213 wrote: i do think this is a great example of the differences between the two clubs, and it illustrates why it's great to have choices. If a rider doesn't like the disparity in skills in another clubs intermediate group they can come ride with us where the riders are more equal. If a rider doesn't like the fact that they have to be bumped to i group or a group with us they can go ride with another club that will allow them to sign up for whatever they want.
jra 4 prez!!!

Meat

Mr.DJ;64388 wrote: .... add Ben (Folly) to that list. He was in the S%^&

Thanks Ben!!
No way! Ben is way too social and kind (well maybe kind of weird ;) )!

It still stands to everyone that is or was (slight modification) in the US Armed Services, I thoroughly appreciate the freedoms you have provided me and my family. And this isn't any sappy azz-kissing BS. I have always been very patriotic and thoroughly appreciate my freedoms....especially at the strip clubs, even though there needs to be an amendment to allow a little more freedom in those places :)

jimgl3

i encountered a few nco's in my brief stint in the marine corps. the ones that had earned the respect of the men around them were able to be nice and still lead effectively.

riddler

+1 on the thanks for service.

I am a little late to the party... and I didn't read the other post... but I have to say, I know what you mean. I have had a scary moment or two at Gingerman and Autobahn with STTs I group. Your running up on someone in a kink, planning out your pass, full throttle and they grab a handful of brake... Can make for a serious pucker.

No disrespect to STT, I still ride with them from time to time. I was riding in A though, so no issues there. But, lack of seat time and a nagging transmission issue has made me too slow for NESBAs A group so I bumped myself back to I. Not sure what I will do with STT...

bike428

:agree:
JRA;64213 wrote: Let it go...I saw the thread and I know the guy you are bickering with very well. STT allows riders to place themselves in whatever group they want. This means that you are going to have a wide variety of skills in the Intermediate and Advance groups. I think riders with track experience hesitate to sign up for their novice group because it's so structured and the pace is generally slow. This means that the I group over there is really a mix of B and I. You can't really complain about the rules of the other organization because you knew what they were upfront, and if you didn't you should have.

This riders wife paid her money just like you did and has the right to ride wherever she wants as long as it's not a safety issue. It's not your responsibility to decide if it's a safety issue though, that's the job of the STT staff. It is your responsibility to pass her safely and courteously. This is true with every organization, and you should give all riders this courtesy.

I do think this is a great example of the differences between the two clubs, and it illustrates why it's great to have choices. If a rider doesn't like the disparity in skills in another clubs Intermediate group they can come ride with us where the riders are more equal. If a rider doesn't like the fact that they have to be bumped to I group or A group with us they can go ride with another club that will allow them to sign up for whatever they want.

Everyone has lots of choices in the track day world and sometimes you have sample some of those choices to really see the differences.

itaintall

Be forewarned: I'll be at RA for the first time at the end of July. Between never seeing the track before, and the fact that my poor little SV does 110 MPH down hill with a tail wind, Be ready to go around! I won't swerve; I promise.

Mr.DJ

jimgl3;64593 wrote: i encountered a few nco's in my brief stint in the marine corps. the ones that had earned the respect of the men around them were able to be nice and still lead effectively.
Got that right!

Legal Authority Vs. Earned Authority!!!!

stow

Mr.DJ;64801 wrote: Got that right!

Legal Authority Vs. Earned Authority!!!!
south-park-you-will-respect-my-authority-3700212.jpg