Road Atlanta Roll Call - July 4/5

Psychoholic

Damn John - I saw you up and around and was incredibly relieved, that was a pretty gnarly one (saw the bike after the fact).

johndemoss

Yeah, it would have been a low side except the dirt had a small "ditch" in it on the outside of the curbing and the bike caught in that to make a highside. That's what corner worker said. Yes, glad to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joseph0079

Was in novice, I remember seeing bike coming up to turn 1. Glad u made it out safe

kappy1000

Control Rider
Director
Well, I'm the unfortunate guy who highsided turn 1 and messed up my bike pretty bad. I jumped too many steps at once instead of easing my way up and, when it comes down to it, didn't exhibit the patience that's necessary to learn the track well enough first. Anyway, since I did all sorts of damage to the bike, if anyone behind me happened to get gopro footage, would you mind sending it? at the least I can have that (on top of walking away). I got greedy and/or overconfident and didn't take the time I needed to break improvement up into smaller steps and that is my lesson learned. Hopefully this can be a reminder to others also. Would love to see video though if anyone has it.. As the corner worker put it, it was "dramatic."

Glad to see you were okay and walking around John. I agree with you; make the changes small and ease into progress. Look forward to seeing you back out!!

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Small bites at edge of your envelope are always the best way to approach it. Glad to hear you're OK even if your bike isn't.

johndemoss

I agree. It really had a lot to do with me learning my reference points and the track better before going into that turn. Learning the track and the lines is so important but I let my confidence in my ability allow me to skip a couple of steps in "dating" the track first.

johndemoss

ee043e1cab84500b5b1abbf0c717510b.jpg

And, the replacement.

Romans Eight

Control Rider
Director
Sometimes the crash is s good lesson. I speak from experience. Very glad to hear you're good now and have new bike. Looking forward to riding with you soon.