Road Atlanta Roll Call - July 4/5

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Pshhhh, I'm allowed a pass for a new track aren't I....maybe?? Crap....

First couple of sessions may suck a little while you're figuring out a new to you track. But you should be fine for sure by lunch time.

I had the same issue a couple weeks ago at NCBike. As I was trying to figure that place out the first day, I started to watch the other riders as they
came past me in the various sections of the track. I watched what lines they were using, etc. It felt like a bit of a struggle in the early part of the day, but
by the first or session after lunch I was pretty comfortable with that place and having a blast. Now, I LOVE that place and I cannot WAIT to go back!

Have a great time..that's a GREAT track!

Brian16

I need to pick up a couple N2 shirts this weekend. Got the wheels off and another set of scuffs being mounted tomorrow. I can't wait for Sat! Road A is so amazing!

And Lenny, if you are working Novice I need a tow! I think you will be happy with my foot position after you worked with me at VIR I have been really working on it.

johndemoss

I will be there! New to N2 track events. Signed up for a few this year. This is he first but only Sunday. Will be riding a 15 S1000RR. Can't wait, never been to road Atlanta. Question: someone said Sunday at road Atlanta had a quiet time for church on Sunday? Is this true? If so, what time is this? Also, I will be dropping off the rig on Saturday, anything I should know? Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I will be there! New to N2 track events. Signed up for a few this year. This is he first but only Sunday. Will be riding a 15 S1000RR. Can't wait, never been to road Atlanta. Question: someone said Sunday at road Atlanta had a quiet time for church on Sunday? Is this true? If so, what time is this? Also, I will be dropping off the rig on Saturday, anything I should know? Can't wait!

They'll move the 'quiet time' and double it as lunch time, so you're not losing 2 hours out of the day. Generally lunch is 12-1PM, but quite often they'll move it to 1100-1200 for the Sunday quiet hour.

Baehlit

Thanks, that's helpful. What time does the day start and end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tech usually opens at 7:45 or so. Riders meeting at 8:15ish, novice go into class by 8:45. 2-3 sessions depending on lunch break, then 4-5 session in the afternoon till 5pm

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Do things get started later at Road Atlanta? At every event I've been to at other tracks tech and registration is open from 7am - 8am. The rest sounds about right! Riders Meeting 8:15, followed by classroom for Novice. Advanced on track at 9 am, Intermediate 9:20, Novice 9:40. Round-robin 20 min sessions till lunch, same rotations in the afternoon.

Don't forget to read the Riders Manual. There is a link to it on the main page under Track Days -> manuals and forms -> N2 Riders Manual.

It'll spell out how the day is run, what is required for tech, etc.