Roll call Road Atlanta Memorial day weekend

Last Week

I had a blast this weekend! It was my first time there and it was a learning curve for sure that first day lol. Thanks to all the cr's help and Nesba for putting on such a great event.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

shad0ws

Had a good time fellas. Track is a blast, that's for sure. Finally got bumped to I Group as well, so I would say that was a successful weekend. On the long road back to Central VA now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

RADAR Magnet

shad0ws;274875 wrote: Had a good time fellas. Track is a blast, that's for sure. Finally got bumped to I Group as well, so I would say that was a successful weekend. On the long road back to Central VA now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Congrats on the bump! I earned my I bump down there last year; felt cool to get it at such a great track; can't wait to get back in July.

12v_dub

Had a great time riding this Sunday with my friends despite all the mechanical issues. Thank you to all that were quick and care giving to get me back on track sparing some of your own parts.

Jacob

DQ636

I hope I didn't syc anyone out. I was ridin like crap while in the 1st 2 sessions of l. I think later on on the day I could asked to get bumped back up but I didn't.

Bryant

He who isn't afraid, isn't trying hard enough.
Tell me what your times were. I was in I group. And ran a 1:46.84. I'll be posting videos soon. Keep posted.

crash675

I had a great time. First time to road atlanta. Got to mix it up in I with a few people I met through the day. Hope to go back soon.

848evo

I had a blast! did Saturday only and my determination and hard work paid off for a bump to I group! loved the track a super fast and fun track I will be coming back to RA.

noobinacan

Dude never called or showed up
so this is still for sale at VIR weekend...thanks

noobinacan;274508 wrote: guys...girls

will have one of these for sale if this weekend anyone wants.
brand new in box. $30

pitposse_2264_47399670

and by the way....says 77 and clear!!!
WOOT!

Otto Man;274945 wrote: Damn man! Which bike, which turn?!
Turn 6 going up the hill and of course it was on my new R6!!!! I have a broken forearm out of the deal but the bike is fine!!!!! Chuck and Jerry took it with them and will be going through it and getting it repainted for me. I'll be purchasing new gear and hopefully I'll be in good enough shape to ride at the fundraiser in July. If not, I will still be there and be a "pit bitch" for my son in law. A word of advise to all my fellow NESBIANS---wear a back protector!!!!!! If I had not had one on, this would have been a much worse get off. As it stands now, it's a relatively minor mishap. However, it could have been much worse. Many thanks to all the CR's and other folks that came by to check on my welfare. I will see all of you again in July.

Ex. 39

Nothing but good things to say about NESBA. They run one of the classiest acts out there. This was my first time with you guys.

3 days at Road Atlanta and i am absolutely worn out, DAMN i love that track, sure wish we had the opportunity to ride it more often.

The guys at NESBA, from John Allen (JRA) all the way down to every control rider out there (Mike Rhue and Peanut, was great meeting you guys) i can honestly say this is one very well run machine. They started a new way to work with the beginner group this weekend that seemed to work out REALLY well. I just cant express how impressed i am with the way these guys run their days.

As for my experience on the track itself, since i was there just riding and not working, it was one of THE most relaxing track weekends ive ever had. I forgot just how challenging yet FUN Road Atlanta is!! I dont think ive ridden there in a few years, and tho it took me a day and a half to get the hang of everything again (its always taken me that long at THAT track, which is why i always struggled a bit there when i was racing), by the end of the day today, it was clicking REALLY good (i just wish i'd had the energy to be able to push a bit more, but the heat and all the laps in 3 days finally took its toll on this 52 year old fart. .38's was the best i could muster.

I only had one real pucker moment all weekend, and that was on Saturday. 2nd session, 2nd lap, im full tucked on the back straight, 6th gear WFO about 150mph, just before ya get to the kink (T9), there was only about 2' of pavement to my left, and some............well, to be nice i wont say what i called him at the track, lets just say some guy on a CBR1000 comes by me on that 2' of pavement about 30mph faster than me, his elbow hitting mine so hard it knocked my hand off the bar, my chin dropped and slammed the tank, the biked went into a quick tank slapper, and then it was over. Neither of us crashed, but as i entered 10A, i realized just how close i'd come to tumbling down the back straight at that speed and what the results most definitely would have been, and started shaking. I pitted in, went and cleaned the inside of my leathers, and then went back out.

the guy finally found me at the end of the day to apologize. Fortunately for BOTH of us, i had calmed down by then, and we just talked about what a bone headed move that was (had it been a race, i'd have been pissed but would have just chalked it up to a racing incident, but at a trackday, it was TOTALLY avoidable, and the conversation was over.

All in all, an absolutely FANTASTIC weekend with a top notch trackday org. I'll definitely be riding with them again. What a great bunch of guys!

Ruhe52

Thank you Todd for the kind words and also being very understanding. We all have a lapse of judgement be it on the track or something we have said which is normally my problem. Glad you guys talked and no serious incident occurred out of that. Speeds at the kink are as fast as your bike can go. I would never want to see a rider off there for any reason.
It was great to have you out with us and also great to meet you.
3 of the most fun days going.
To all riders that wrecked heal up fix the bike and come back out.

Mike I almost said something about your arm but it was my hope it was not broken. Heal up bro and see you back out there.

Jake nice meeting you and riding with you. Congrats on the A bump!!!!!!!!!

to my fellow CRs always a pleasure working with ya and more so hanging out.

CJ you have my vote brother good job!!!!!!

Thanks Mike. It's all good. I'll see you in July if not before. I told you before brother, you guys are stuck with me now. It's like when you feed a stray dog----he never goes away. Don't get any ideas about rolling up a newspaper though. That's Anna's job.

JBZ1k

Thanks Mike, A group is a whole new animal but I know riding with the trackday pros will help me learn that much faster. I apologize for holding some of the guys up in the second session after lunch but the oil dry on the track was getting in my head and I was easing up a bit through there. I've just not spent much time riding through the stuff so I wanted to play it safe. The guys navigated around me with ease but that's why they are in A.

I would also like to thank my sponsors for helping me win the trackday so a big thanks to my job for making me drive 6hrs back to work today, Kawasaki for selling me the fastest 600, Snickers for breakfast, Mt. Dew (cocaine substitute), Pepto-Bismol for keeping the snickers from running down my leg when the fine gentleman on the R1 grabbed a hand full of brakes 100yds before the braking zone for T1 and NESBA for putting on a stellar event. See you guys at the next go round.

Starface111

Control Rider
Being "That" guy

I want to extend my apologies to all the Nesbians for my behavior this weekend.
I went to track day with a race mentality. I was way too aggressive and I am told that I put a lot of you in danger. The CR's did their job in reprimanding me and then eventually removing me from the event on the third and final day.
They helped me realize that I need to race and not treat track-days as race days.
I was able to clock a few 1:41's on my stock 600 in the intermediate group, so I know I have the speed. Now I just need to work on my technique.
Thank you NESBA, I have learned a lot. Now I will move on.