Roll Calllll Summit Jefferson 6/29

Ducati Pete

Dave561;278194 wrote: We should do a potluck dinner Sunday night. Anyone interested?

I'm in all three............ will have Da Beave's Beers (two kegs) with me. I'm in for the grillers at Dave's place. Dave, if you are grilling, I'll bring a rope of WV hot sausage and hardrolls.

Pete

beevan217

Otto Man;278195 wrote: What is Jefferson circuit like compared to main? Awfully tempting to hop on for Sunday.
Big difference between the two. Jeff is a tighter, technical track. Main is technical as well but, flows better. No rest on Jeff (short front straight) Main has a nice long straight. Hope that helps. Feel free to add any other info people.....

avizpls

#11-A
Jefferson
jefferson_circuit.gif

Summit circuit (main?)
summit_main.gif

Shenny

shenandoah_circuit.gif

So now which one are we doing sunday?? I thought Shenny, not main. Which is "main"?

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
3 days and 3 tracks. And a super value for Sunday on Shenandoah at $50

Sat-JC
Sun-Shenny
Mon-Main

JGardy_781

Otto Man;278195 wrote: What is Jefferson circuit like compared to main? Awfully tempting to hop on for Sunday.
If you get a kick out of 4-9 at Main, and can't wait to get back to the Carousel after the front straight, you'll love JC. If you suffer through 4-9 at Main and can't wait to get back to the front straight after 10, you'll hate JC.

I love JC.

erichmond

andykurz;278001 wrote: Bump track dude, bump track.
Bump track indeed, Andy! That had to have been one of the hottest track days I'd ever done. I drank nearly 2 gallons of water that day and still managed to lose 7 pounds. Had a great time chasing you around the track that day.

Can't wait to ride Shenny on Sunday, too. Hope to see you there.

motorkas

Never been on Jeff, only been at main once. . .signed up for all three days - this should be interesting. . .if anybody needs Advil, I'll have the industrial sized bottle at my tent:)

jtsgsxr6

So I've never ridden shenny, I always heard nesba doesn't go there it unsafe. Watching videos it looks like walls everywhere. Can those who actually ridden it chime in does it look worse than it is? Anybody ride it and won't go back? What's the facts?

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
There have been soft barriers deployed in numerous areas of the track to help with the safety of the course. There are many orgs and even races that were held on this course. This is a chance to evaluate the track and allow the members to help us decide if it is a course that we want to continue to use.

tomseviltwin

Control Rider
Hey Dave, any chance the soft barriers will be deployed at Main on Monday? They should be up for CCS over the weekend. It would be great if we could have them left up. I for one would be available to help take them down Monday evening.

Anybody with Sheny experience up for leading a track walk Saturday evening?

MANIX

Control Rider
I have had a chance to ride it 3 differnt time. I liked it, very tight alot of left to rights, some corners seemed really slow but fun. Great place to work on body postion. and your legs WILL burn..

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
jtsgsxr6;278243 wrote: So I've never ridden shenny, I always heard nesba doesn't go there it unsafe. Watching videos it looks like walls everywhere. Can those who actually ridden it chime in does it look worse than it is? Anybody ride it and won't go back? What's the facts?
Josh,
I've rode Shenny many times, not a fast track but is a very fun once you learn it. It’s a very technical track filled with left hand turns, hard braking, elevation. My personal opinion you have to be riding completely over your head to hit a wall.

motorkas

jtsgsxr6;278243 wrote: So I've never ridden shenny, I always heard nesba doesn't go there it unsafe. Watching videos it looks like walls everywhere. Can those who actually ridden it chime in does it look worse than it is? Anybody ride it and won't go back? What's the facts?
I've been there three times 2.5 as a B and .5 as an I (so keep that in mind from a perspective of pace as it was definitely slower....thank God;). There are a lot of walls but really, only the right hander of the corkscrew really stands out (and most tip toe through there for that reason)....most of the crashes on those days were turn 13 (the Karresel) and turn 20. The Karessel is the one that has to be watched out for because there's three levels and if somebody goes down on the lower level, the bikes sliding up to get whoever's on the banking. Lots of minor elevation changes (enough though that the suspension will get a good work out), lots of turns, really tight and technical (which helps keep the speeds down and definitely gives the smaller bikes a good advantage). I personally love the course (once again, my pace is slower) - you're always working and the lines are critical. Personally, my next few days are dedicated to working on body positioning and trail braking so I'm really looking forward to Sheny and Jeff as thats all youre basically doing the whole time. If I was a betting man, I'd say your SV is going to LOVE it....surprisingly enough - it's not that difficult to make clean passes (I have video where they're being made cleanly on me left and right in the I group sessions:). I would say its definitely worth checking out and for 50.00 it's a no brainer!!!!! Just my .02.

CleverRiver6

So if we are doing both days does that mean we camp out at JC or somewhere different for Shenny? Guess we gott pick up and move right??

jtsgsxr6

Thanks guys for the insight. I'll have to see if I'll make Sunday too. Are there good viewing spots for the misses? She doens't like jefferson because she can't see a whole heck of a lot.

sSalopek

Control Rider
Director
I should be there Saturday as long as all is well with Emerson. But won't make the other 2 since I can't leave him for that long.