Rumored death at Atlanta

physicistkev

Control Rider
I never met Bryan. Seems I missed out on something, given everything I have just read.

My sincerest condolences go out to his fiance, family and friends. I wish I could go on and say something that would make this a little better, but that's not really possible.

Kevin Hutton

PJZOCC624

I am saddened beyond words. Prayers to Brian's family, fiance, and friends during these trying times.

Godspeed, Brian.

Irish01

FBFCONTROLJEFF;218959 wrote: I just wanted to express my Deepest Sympathy to Bryan's Family, Fiance', Friends and everyone else who knew him.
This type of tragedy is always difficult to take in and process and I can tell you that I have been thinking about it a lot since Sunday morning, as I'm sure many or all of you have.

I speak for my entire crew and all of us at FBF when I say we are deeply saddened with the death of Bryan. Though many of us have seen this type of thing many times before, it is never easy. I had a short meeting with my crew at the end of the day Sunday and informed them of the news which I think most already knew. But I wanted to tell them in an official manner and asked them to remember and pray for Bryan's Loved Ones as I know all of you are hurting right now. We hurt with you.

I would also ask for prayers for my crew who were there on the scene and for the entire medical staff who endured this tragedy first hand. I know it has to be tough on them.

GODSPEED

Jeff Wright
Thank you Jeff for your post, it means a lot to ALL of us for sure. I'm not sure if I met you or not at some point on Sunday but I have been thinking a lot about what you and your staff must have gone through. I want to say THANK YOU on behalf of his fiance, family and friends. I can only imagine the impact this had on all of you that were involved but you and your team were exceptional in the way you dealt with the situation and helped us out. I would also like to add that the gentlemen who helped myself and Scott move Bryan's belongings up to the toy hauler were great guys.

Please pass on our thanks and know that your efforts and help under these circumstances are more than appreciated. Our thoughts and prayers to you and your team as well.

Kenny

FBFCONTROLJEFF

Irish01;219129 wrote: Thank you Jeff for your post, it means a lot to ALL of us for sure. I'm not sure if I met you or not at some point on Sunday but I have been thinking a lot about what you and your staff must have gone through. I want to say THANK YOU on behalf of his fiance, family and friends. I can only imagine the impact this had on all of you that were involved but you and your team were exceptional in the way you dealt with the situation and helped us out. I would also like to add that the gentlemen who helped myself and Scott move Bryan's belongings up to the toy hauler were great guys.

Please pass on our thanks and know that your efforts and help under these circumstances are more than appreciated. Our thoughts and prayers to you and your team as well.

Kenny
Kenny, You're welcome. I'm sure you met me and that I met you although I do not know which guy you were. You must have been in the white Ford F250 with the other guys when you first came looking for Bryan's bike. I am the guy (bald guy for reference) who told you where it was and I also was involved with getting it and his belongings up to his rig. I felt so bad for all of you. I didn't know what to say. What do you say at a time like that?
My crash truck driver, also named Scott is always willing to help and my other crew member who helped, both awesome guys. Like I said we were hurting for all of you. We were glad to help in any way we could. I will certainly pass along your gratitude to my team and THANKS for the kind words and thoughts and prayers.
You are VERY WELCOME. I just hate that we had to meet like this. I have posted it on here and signed the guest book but please pass along my sympathies to everyone.

Thank You Kenny.
Until we meet again,
Jeff Wright

JGardy_781

Saw this last night but wanted to think before responding - very sad, and condolences to his loved ones.

I've been involved with the NESBA family for over a decade, and have had the honor of riding in A with a bunch of guys and girls that are some of the best riders anywhere, period - though I'm not sure our paths have ever crossed (though they may have...), given the black sticker he earned, Bryan was right there amongst us and I likely would have had no issue running 6 inches off his rear tire at triple digit speeds, like damn near anyone else with enough talent and diligence to earn their black (or orange) sticker.

Over the years, I've become convinced that Bob and the early group of volunteers who started all this for us, by creating a constructive and supportive outlet for aggressive riding in a controlled environment, and more so fostering continued learning with respect to our vastly varied skill sets, has built bike control skills that has saved countless lives - both by simply taking high speeds and their attendant risks to the track, as well as developing the bike control skills necessary to survive if we choose to still ride on the street (as I do). Even as I am convinced that NESBA saves lives, this sort of tragedy (like Brian and Pitzer's incident a few years back) reminds us of both the sheer physics and the seriousness of what we choose to do with our recreation time.

I thought this through quite a bit, and then gave my wife and two boys a big hug. If I were to pass as Bryan did, I'd want my family and friends, most especially those who aren't riders, to take solace in the fact that I had died doing something I truly loved. To wit, my will specifies that I am to be cremated and spread in the grass inside the busstop at Summit JC (I assumed the laissez-faire West Virginians likely wouldn't mind), so if there is some sort of hereafter, I feel like I could watch people ride through my favorite corner for eternity...

Again, my sincerest condolences to all on the loss.

Jason

suzipimp3

Even though I never met him, this thread shows how much he was loved. I think that is something he'll be proud of. Condolences.

jas0336

thank you

I just wanted to take a minute to thank those in our community who have commented and shown support for Bryan and his family.

I know Bryan's mom and Nova especially appreciated all the support from our group.

Along with supporting his family, I appreciate the support you guys have given me personally. Those who rode with us knew Bryan and I were close. We've pitted together at every event we both attended since we met, logged hundreds of miles together and I think raised the stock of both Red Bull and Kettle One.
The comments here, through PM and email and offline have helped me through an unbelievably tough time. Your support and friendship will never be forgotten.

BryanMemorial.jpg

Mr.DJ

Josh,

It was good to hear childhood stories, especially from his "Crazy Uncle." You did a great job with your eulogy - speaking from your heart without notes.

Well done.

DJ

1bad7

I've just come back to the NESBA site today after about a week. I and another were going to go to RA for this event and chose instead to go to NJMP. While I went down on Sunday, I feel emabarrassed to even be a little upset about me when I guy that I first got to know him through Irish Racing, and then later on talk with about what I needed to fix in my own riding, had passed doing what we love to do. I am so saddened by this, but I know that like anything else he would say to fix it and get back out there again.

Anyway, I'm sure that he's up there making everybody else laugh now and getting ready for his next ride....

Godspeed my friend.

John

Taylorr6

I spoke with Bryan's mom (Debbie) yesterday, she said to let everyone know that they are having a get together for Bryan on saturday and sunday between 11:00 and 2:00 in Greenville N.C.
Go to Bryan's Facebook page for better details. Sorry for the late notice.

thanks

chaveezy

Also just read about this, very sorry for everyone's loss of a good friend and family member. There has been a few deaths having to do with motorcycle racing/riding over the past year and not one of them has been easy, regardless of relation to the rider.

It strikes a nerve in me and I feel mainly sorrow, but while we do this inherently dangerous sport, we love it so... I'm sorry I didn't know Bryan personally, however, given all the great responses and eulogies from many, it's obvious to me why I remain partial to NESBA, because of great members like him, God Speed brother.

GIXXERMO62

chaveezy;220432 wrote: Also just read about this, very sorry for everyone's loss of a good friend and family member. There has been a few deaths having to do with motorcycle racing/riding over the past year and not one of them has been easy, regardless of relation to the rider.

It strikes a nerve in me and I feel mainly sorrow, but while we do this inherently dangerous sport, we love it so... , God Speed brother.
i could not state it better.

"oh mighty hands of Atlas, hold the heavens from the Earth."

condolensces to the family and friends of Bryan. RIP. Godspeed.