Sick of watching riders get hurt due to unsafe race tracks

ronhix

racer23;212522 wrote: Find out what the watershed issues are, find out what the Army Corp sees as more important than a human life and find a solution.
The watershed issues seem to be the walls in T2, T4 and T5.

How do we find out what the Army Corp sees as more important than a human life?

Hitman954

ronhix;212523 wrote: The watershed issues seem to be the walls in T2, T4 and T5.

A long series of phone calls is probably the answer

paintedblue

Lol. Fred wants this to be a productive conversation and then tells us to follow the governments plan for solving problems. J/k.

I'm game. When do we break out the chain saws?

j_fuggin_t

ronhix;212523 wrote: The watershed issues seem to be the walls in T2, T4 and T5.

old tech shed as well!! i've never seen that much water that fast :eek:

but i agree with what the whole thread is about and to sum up the whole thing

#1: we all want walls moved as well but its not as easy as moving the walls, so we do what is the next best thing and use aifence that ALL OF US donate for through the chili cook off etc..

#2: no track can ever be 100% safe, just not possible

#3: understand that tracks nationwide are likely aware of the exact things that you see & are likely trying to make it safer somehow

Dead;212487 said:
I mean I ride wheelies down the interstate at 150mphQUOTE]

sorry Fred....I've got to interject on this one.....

You're the one putting my family and friends at risk on the roads and you call the track dangerous?

Back to task,
Would it be feasible to get an estimate from Tom to work on one turn at a time?

noobinacan

So if we're talking about actually doing work....

If NESBA officially starts the fund raiser for air fence.
and accepts donation via its site, I'll be glad to donate.

Also, I think this approach will be better than the cook out route, cause everyone can participate and a bigger audience.
some of you who have years of experience going to these tracks decide where the air fence is needed, how much of it etc.
come up with a target cost/ # of air fence etc. Make that information public on the donations page.

keep it updated as to how much money has been collected and how much more is needed.

post it on here...and we donate and make it happen!

:)

j_fuggin_t

noobinacan;212532 wrote: So if we're talking about actually doing work....

If NESBA officially starts the fund raiser for air fence.
and accepts donation via its site, I'll be glad to donate.

Also, I think this approach will be better than the cook out route, cause everyone can participate and a bigger audience.
some of you who have years of experience going to these tracks decide where the air fence is needed, how much of it etc.
come up with a target cost/ # of air fence etc. Make that information public on the donations page.

keep it updated as to how much money has been collected and how much more is needed.

post it on here...and we donate and make it happen!

:)
thats already been done, its the road racing world action fund, the chili cook off proceeds go towards airfence for blackhawk farms only as its essentially the midwest regions "home" track. If you donate to the road racing world action fund there is no way to know what track its going to unless you specify it

matchbx91

j_fuggin_t;212528 wrote: old tech shed as well!! i've never seen that much water that fast :eek:
omg you aint lying, i chained the bike down so it wouldnt float away....a simple ditch on the west side of the building with a grate over it would help out with that, then we just need to put any tents back there on pontoons.

Germany

matchbx91;212544 wrote: omg you aint lying, i chained the bike down so it wouldnt float away....a simple ditch on the west side of the building with a grate over it would help out with that, then we just need to put any tents back there on pontoons.
and than there is a drainage issue in the back, and in the front and pretty much everywhere.... The only place that got better from what I hear is along the access-road...

Dead

Since blackhawk is the main track we ride we should see if it can be done and start a fund for it. I'd donate at least a $1000 to see some walls moved and I sure others would to. Mainly T2, T5

jigs

Dead;212549 wrote: Since blackhawk is the main track we ride we should see if it can be done and start a fund for it. I'd donate at least a $1000 to see some walls moved and I sure others would to. T2, T5 and maybe the bus stop?
That's generous and I'm sure you're in ernest BUT,most of us are probably a little naive as to what we're actually talking about here...we're talking environmental issues,conservation issues,politics,zoneing issues dollars to doughnuts we're talking at least 1.5 million for the whole shebang which is about half the value of the whole property...I bet just the berms and the walls would be about a half a mil..the turtle creek bridge thingy was 80 grand...the good news is turns one and seven are slated to get re-paved Nov. 1st so they'll cure nicley for next year....by the way I am not with management,or am employed nor do i reresent or speak for BHF...just a rider that loves our little track...

noobinacan

j_fuggin_t;212539 wrote: thats already been done, its the road racing world action fund, the chili cook off proceeds go towards airfence for blackhawk farms only as its essentially the midwest regions "home" track. If you donate to the road racing world action fund there is no way to know what track its going to unless you specify it
i think you're saying the same thing..as I'm saying. donations for NESBA air fence.

cause the RRW action fund money goes towards putting up air fences for racers and races. and not for trackdays, correct ?
Why can't we just pitch in and buy our own air fence..for track day use.

Germany

noobinacan;212560 wrote: Isn't that money going towards putting up air fences for racers and races. and not for trackdays ?
How's that helping us ? or are they showing up at our events and putting up the air fence ?
please excuse my ignorance, i just don't know if they are in fact letting us borrow the air fence

if they are not, what good does it do us ?

I'm just asking questions.
UHM.... have you been at Blackhawk ? the airfence is there ANY event where Motorcycles circulate.... look for the white bags about 3 feet tall and 8feet lang... well don't look at them, but they are there...

noobinacan

Dead;212549 wrote: Since blackhawk is the main track we ride we should see if it can be done and start a fund for it. I'd donate at least a $1000 to see some walls moved and I sure others would to. T2, T5 and maybe the bus stop?
Germany;212563 wrote: UHM.... have you been at Blackhawk ? the airfence is there ANY event where Motorcycles circulate.... look for the white bags about 3 feet tall and 8feet lang... well don't look at them, but they are there...
sorry, I edited my initial post..ya'll too fast.
but, if the air fence is already there..what's the problem then ?

good luck getting a track to move the walls...
unless you're got a direct line to the owners and they're willing to do it. and the massive cost of getting a surveillance crew and contracts. and cost of metrials. Going to be a steep hill to climb...

sorry never been to blackhawk. But I'd still contribute...cause one day I may visit.

jigs;212557 wrote:
That's generous and I'm sure you're in ernest BUT,most of us are probably a little naive as to what we're actually talking about here...we're talking environmental issues,conservation issues,politics,zoneing issues dollars to doughnuts we're talking at least 1.5 million for the whole shebang which is about half the value of the whole property...I bet just the berms and the walls would be about a half a mil..the turtle creek bridge thingy was 80 grand...the good news is turns one and seven are slated to get re-paved Nov. 1st so they'll cure nicley for next year....by the way I am not with management,or am employed nor do i reresent or speak for BHF...just a rider that loves our little track...
yes +1
was thinking the same thing...when I type the above.

racer23

noobinacan;212560 wrote: i think you're saying the same thing..as I'm saying. donations for NESBA air fence.

cause the RRW action fund money goes towards putting up air fences for racers and races. and not for trackdays, correct ?
It is called the "Nesba Blackhawk Farms Chili Cook-Off", every penny of which goes to Blackhawk Farms Airfence.
We, as a group, specify that it is to be used by ANY and ALL organizations that ride motorcycles at BFR. Prior to this year we had collected over $25,000.00 of which EVERY PENNY has gone toward Airfence for BFR. This year we set a new record and collected a bunch more. Details when the final check rolls in.

There are 7 sections due to be delivered this week from last years CCO, and a sizeable check will find it's way there later this week for more.

Nesbians ROCK!:adore:

noobinacan

racer23;212566 wrote: It is called the "Nesba Blackhawk Farms Chili Cook-Off", every penny of which goes to Blackhawk Farms Airfence.
We, as a group, specify that it is to be used by ANY and ALL organizations that ride motorcycles at BFR. Prior to this year we had collected over $25,000.00 of which EVERY PENNY has gone toward Airfence for BFR. This year we set a new record and collected a bunch more. Details when the final check rolls in.

There are 7 sections due to be delivered this week from last years CCO, and a sizeable check will find it's way there later this week for more.

that's awesome. now I'm in the know.
how do I contribute ?

Germany

racer23;212566 wrote: It is called the "Nesba Blackhawk Farms Chili Cook-Off", every penny of which goes to Blackhawk Farms Airfence.

:agree: Cool!